Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Richard Branson offers his thoughts on UFOs


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, the13bats said:

you missed where i said "done"...but troll away :tu:

You forgot to say done again nutcase.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You forgot to say done again nutcase.

but you did keep trolling...:tu: thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

but you did keep trolling...:tu: thanks

Seeing if it's possible to get in the last word.  Maybe I can keep you up all night.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Seeing if it's possible to get in the last word.  Maybe I can keep you up all night.

i sleep days, um i have ADD you get boring quickly,  since getting in the last word means that much to you...ill just placate your ego and let you have that...:tu:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i sleep days, um i have ADD you get boring quickly,  since getting in the last word means that much to you...ill just placate your ego and let you have that...:tu:

Thanks man. :) You rock.

 

Nice try. :lol:

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Why do people care what billionaires/businessmen think about anything other than making money? That's the only thing they have expertise in: Making Money.

And in Branson's case, scantily clad young ladies..... :rofl: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I never said proud Terran but tell me earthling, why would these aliens be better than you and make us all **** stains in comparison?  Would I be racist against Martians?  actually almost a legit question and I suppose if I had a reason not to like them then I wouldn't.  But that would be based on behavior not necessarily on where they're from.  Would I be racist against actual intelligent aliens is much harder to judge and would be based on circumstances.  If it was beneficial for us to hate them then I probably would.  I love Klingons but would gladly nuke a Romulan.  I'm also not a big fan of the Kree, Skrulls or Thanigarians. 

Would it even be possible to racist against the Kaylon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, moonman said:

As for humanity being so "great" - how is that again? A greedy race that kills each other and their own planet doesn't sound so awesome to me.

In the grand scheme of all that could be... we're currently a bit of a **** stain as an intelligent species. We may outgrow it, but the last few centuries haven't been so hot.

I agree with alot of your opinions & the thing you pointed out perfect is about our predatory mentality. We are amazingly intelligent, cant deny that. Some smart people have contributed alot of great inventions but bad morals & not helping each other out seems to me, unfortunately, to be universal. It would be so amazing to see an Earth like ours with total peace. I mean that's the rarest civilization you'll find... If u can.

Edited by AllPossible
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, moonman said:

The fact remains that we are still ignorant of all that is and can be. To claim any less is...well, ignorant. We simply haven't had enough time to proclaim what is and isn't possible.

That's not the. We have a reasonable grasp of physics. We know lots of things that are, or are not possible. 

9 hours ago, moonman said:

And the evidence IS right here on Earth - go back 2000 years and tell them what we can do today, you will be scoffed at and called insane, that is if they can even comprehend what you are trying to explain. How would you explain a computer to them? Or radio waves? Stuff we take for granted would be magical to them, and they were US.

Physics dod not say any of those things was impossible. E=MC2 however does state what is impossible. 

Wormholes are not viable for space travel nor are they practical as you have to set up both ends. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Would it even be possible to racist against the Kaylon?

I think so. Data  from TNG was prone to it. 

The Orville is really taking of isn't it. Cool that. Better than Star Trek discovery I reckon. Its more star trek than star trek now. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I think so. Data  from TNG was prone to it. 

The Orville is really taking of isn't it. Cool that. Better than Star Trek discovery I reckon. Its more star trek than star trek now. 

I think the humour actually makes it more realistic.  Star Trek is idealistic.  The Orville doesn't forget who we are.  Why, after we tell a joke, do we have to ask "too soon?" 

With Discovery it seems like their mission is to seek out new insecurities and anxieties.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, Golden Duck said:

I think the humour actually makes it more realistic.  Star Trek is idealistic.  The Orville doesn't forget who we are.  Why, after we tell a joke, do we have to ask "too soon?" 

With Discovery it seems like their mission is to seek out new insecurities and anxieties.

The cultural snowflakes that insist that we feel guilty about everything that we are have infiltrated media at every level. Disgusting.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

The cultural snowflakes that insist that we feel guilty about everything that we are have infiltrated media at every level. Disgusting.

I didn't see Discovery like that so much. Just badly written and too far removed from the previous series. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I didn't see Discovery like that so much. Just badly written and too far removed from the previous series. 

Examine the race, gender and species of the main high ranking characters. White men? Now we all know that Star Trek has always tried to be an inclusive and liberal show but this one, before I stopped watching, felt preachy in a way that turned me off. And this is coming from a trekkie 

Edited by OverSword
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, OverSword said:

The cultural snowflakes that insist that we feel guilty about everything that we are have infiltrated media at every level. Disgusting.

So, you feel that cultural snowflakes should feel guilty about that? lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

So, you feel that cultural snowflakes should feel guilty about that? lol

I'll explain more If I find a more appropriate thread to do so.  This is the wrong part of the forum to go into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how other external concerns for the craft would be mitigated. Micrometeorites for example could mean the end of the craft well before it ever really gets going..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2019 at 6:24 AM, esoteric_toad said:

I am confused. If we are being manipulated by evil aliens then what difference would it make if we contacted them?

Beyond that there is ZERO evidence aliens (evil or otherwise) even exist, let alone they have actually visited Earth. None, nil, zero, zip, no real irrefutable evidence of any kind.

Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

On 7/18/2019 at 11:43 PM, stereologist said:

I heard on a podcast that if you wanted to reach Proxima Centari in 100 years with a chemical rocket you would have to have more fuel than the matter in the known universe. 

For those with the instant response of that's BS realize that the limit is 100 years. You have to get the rocket up to speed and then slowed down to accomplish the task in 100 years. That involves a lot of fuel and fuel that does nothing more than push fuel as well as pushing the payload. The fuel requirements increase exponentially which is why chemical rockets cannot get us there in a century.

I guess that means that Stephen Hawking, got it wrong?

Alpha Centauri 4 years with conventional rockets, l know, if a speck of dust doesn't get in the way, and we allow a few years to reverse the engines, (but it took a few years to reach high speeds, so a few years at most to slow down). Or no more than 10 years all up to come to a full stop.

Or it slows down sufficiently to release probes to investigate or whatever.

:P

Edited by tmcom
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2019 at 5:38 AM, tmcom said:

Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

I guess that means that Stephen Hawking, got it wrong?

Alpha Centauri 4 years with conventional rockets, l know, if a speck of dust doesn't get in the way, and we allow a few years to reverse the engines, (but it took a few years to reach high speeds, so a few years at most to slow down). Or no more than 10 years all up to come to a full stop.

Or it slows down sufficiently to release probes to investigate or whatever.

:P

That's not a conventional rocket. It is burning for way too long.

A conventional rocket of that size would not have enough fuel to continue its burn on the way to the Moon which is 2 to 3 days out. The gas giants are months out. You think that rocket could burn for months and then 6 years without running out of fuel?

You are free to laugh all you want. I noticed you provided nothing to counter my simple statement "that there is ZERO evidence aliens (evil or otherwise) even exist, let alone they have actually visited Earth. None, nil, zero, zip, no real irrefutable evidence of any kind."

You can giggle all you want but you can't and haven't provided anything of value.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

That's not a conventional rocket. It is burning for way too long.

A conventional rocket of that size would not have enough fuel to continue its burn on the way to the Moon which is 2 to 3 days out. The gas giants are months out. You think that rocket could burn for months and then 6 years without running out of fuel?

It would have enough for the planet in question, but sure the achlees heel of conventional rockets is they are not very reliable.

:P

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, tmcom said:

It would have enough for the planet in question, but sure the achlees heel of conventional rockets is they are not very reliable.

:P

That's not the issue at all. It is not reliability.

The issue is that it is not possible to provide enough fuel to make the journey to the nearest star in a century.

No. There isn't enough fuel to burn non-stop even to get to the Moon in the rocket that was shown.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apollo 11 Launch - GPN-2000-000630.jpg

The above is a photo of the Saturn 5 Rocket..From the bottom all the way up to the last section before you get to where the astronauts sit is all fuel. Even this rocket could not get much further than the Moon..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Apollo 11 mission was 8 days 3 hours 18 minutes and 35 seconds. During that time the Saturn V only burned for 17 minutes and 8 seconds.

The video in question shows a rocket that is going by Neptune with the implication that the rocket has been burning nonstop.

The fastest object in our solar system is Oumuamua. In a little under 2 years it is 10AU out. Neptune is 30AU out. Let's say it took 1 1/2 years for it to get to where it is. Then it is 4 1/2 years to get to Neptune. Even if this hypothetical rocket is much, much faster it is a year or more out to the orbit of Neptune. That requires over 30,000 Saturn Vs to burn for that period of time. 

Actually, it takes way more because you need fuel to be pushing the heavy fuel.

Clearly, the rocket in the video was not a conventional rocket.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The Apollo 11 mission was 8 days 3 hours 18 minutes and 35 seconds. During that time the Saturn V only burned for 17 minutes and 8 seconds.

The video in question shows a rocket that is going by Neptune with the implication that the rocket has been burning nonstop.

The fastest object in our solar system is Oumuamua. In a little under 2 years it is 10AU out. Neptune is 30AU out. Let's say it took 1 1/2 years for it to get to where it is. Then it is 4 1/2 years to get to Neptune. Even if this hypothetical rocket is much, much faster it is a year or more out to the orbit of Neptune. That requires over 30,000 Saturn Vs to burn for that period of time. 

Actually, it takes way more because you need fuel to be pushing the heavy fuel.

Clearly, the rocket in the video was not a conventional rocket.

That and the escape velocity, and I am assuming everyone here knows what that is..That and you have to factor in the payload of the rocket. There's a whole lot of stuff that plays into this and a lot of it is over my head.

Escape Velocity (And: How Much Fuel Do Rockets Need?)

https://churchman.nl/2014/10/30/escape-velocity-and-how-much-fuel-do-rockets-need/

Math was my worst subject in school but if your a math whiz you can make sense out of the above article.

Edited by Minimalists
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Minimalists said:

 Even this rocket could not get much further than the Moon..

Thats not correct. The distance Earth/Moon is ca. 0,0025AU. The Voyager 1 probe, which is now at a distance of 146AU to Earth, was launched on a Titan 3 rocket which had only 26% of the thrust of the Saturn V. Every carrier that is able to reach the third cosmic velocity and every carrier that is able to reach the second cosmic velocity and uses gravity-assist on planets in the solar system can, in theory, reach every point in the universe. But time is doing the trick here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.