Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Shoots down Iranian Drone

Duke Wellington

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

A US warship has destroyed an Iranian Drone about an hour back which was harassing it.

Its still a newsflash do will post a story link when it comes up. War is on? https://news.sky.com/story/us-warship-destroys-iranian-drone-in-strait-of-hormuz-11766016

I'm doubtful.  The only good thing about drones is that no one dies when you blow it up.

Oh fun.  I bet the guys on that ship are all standing at attention right now (if you know what I mean) ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Oh fun.  I bet the guys on that ship are all standing at attention right now (if you know what I mean) ;)

Can you blame them?   :w00t: 

• Haha 1

Just now, and then said:

Can you blame them?   :w00t: 

Not really.  I would love to launch a missile off a ship.  Bet that's as cool as a funny car race.

• Haha 1

Iran is denying they lost any drone.  Israel is a leader in drone technology, maybe one swerved away off course from Tel Aviv. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Iran is denying they lost any drone.  Israel is a leader in drone technology, maybe one swerved away off course from Tel Aviv. ;)

I hope they don't have plans to blow up our ships like they did the USS Liberty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Or maybe someone painted an Iranian flag on the side of it and flew it on a suicide mission.  I know, a CT..........

• Haha 1

If nothing else, it is a little payback.  Tit for Tat Now we are cool.  Maybe the next phase can be more constructive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Nah, but it's easy enough to dispute for the willing idiots that'd like it to be true.  When the crap gets up in the fan, Iran is going down hard and you can feel free to weep and moan - like when the "levee breaks"  :w00t:

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If nothing else, it is a little payback.  Tit for Tat Now we are cool.  Maybe the next phase can be more constructive.

It's worth hoping for.  Considering Iran's little president/puppet is offering to chat AFTER all sanctions are dropped, I won't hold my breath for it though.

ETA:  Our's cost about 120 mil.  Half their surface fleet didn't cost that much ;)

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Way to go!  Keep that hate alive, brutha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

It's worth hoping for.  Considering Iran's little president/puppet is offering to chat AFTER all sanctions are dropped, I won't hold my breath for it though.

ETA:  Our's cost about 120 mil.  Half their surface fleet didn't cost that much ;)

Yeah, theirs  could have been the $100k or less bargain model. Still, the mullahs and their spokesmen have to start out from a high negotiating position and move from there, and maybe hope to get something.  At some point, they may be willing to trade their "very advanced" nuclear program and withdrawal of "advisers"  for removal of sanctions   Were I the Iranians, I would try to dance out of the way of a direct confrontation, offer to give a little and hope to get a little.  But then, I am not a mullah.

12 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

A US warship has destroyed an Iranian Drone about an hour back which was harassing it.

Its still a newsflash do will post a story link when it comes up. War is on? https://news.sky.com/story/us-warship-destroys-iranian-drone-in-strait-of-hormuz-11766016

So the US is boasting to have shot down an Iranian drone over international waters.. The very 'act of war' they have lamented a few weeks back (while it is highly doubtful it even was over int waters)?

Swell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Oh you little boys and your big toys... ~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

So the US is boasting to have shot down an Iranian drone over international waters.. The very 'act of war' they have lamented a few weeks back (while it is highly doubtful it even was over int waters)?

Swell!

Yeah.. but WHO'S drone ? The Iranians have denied that it is one of theirs ? 

Oh.. and incidentally.. when did the USA state that the shootdown of their drone was an "act of war" ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeah.. but WHO'S drone ? The Iranians have denied that it is one of theirs ? 

Oh.. and incidentally.. when did the USA state that the shootdown of their drone was an "act of war" ? 

Erm..

Strikes on Iran Approved by Trump, Then Abruptly Pulled Back

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/world/middleeast/iran-us-drone.html

Donald Trump refuses to rule out war with Iran after US drone is shot down

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/20/donald-trump-refuses-rule-war-iran-us-drone-shot-10021325/

Thats on Iran, as in the sovereign nation Iran, not on some Iranian military vessel, or Iranian drone(s). Contrary to what the usual suspects might have you believe, that ordering strikes on foreign nations is as normal as ordering a milkshake at your local McD's, this would actually consititute engaging in warfare against another state.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OverSword said:

Not really.  I would love to launch a missile off a ship.  Bet that's as cool as a funny car race.

..As would ´Christian´ And Then, no doubt. Foaming at the mouth at the very thought.

Warmerchants in a culture of war.. One of these days people who venerate weapons of war - objectively, weapons of mass destruction, no matter what skewed definitions wielded - will find themselves on the receiving end of what they so easily dish out to others.

30 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Erm..

Thats on Iran, as in the sovereign nation Iran, not on some Iranian military vessel, or Iranian drone(s). Contrary to what the usual suspects might have you believe, that ordering strikes on foreign nations is as normal as ordering a milkshake at your local McD's, this would actually consititute engaging in warfare against another state.

Yeeeeesss... um... not relevant to my question though, is it ? 

When did the USA state that shooting down their drone was an "act of war" ? 

I don't think they DID, did they ? Phaeton appears to be putting words into their mouths ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

Nah, but it's easy enough to dispute for the willing idiots that'd like it to be true.  When the crap gets up in the fan, Iran is going down hard and you can feel free to weep and moan - like when the "levee breaks"  :w00t:

And won't that be a glorious day for you when that happens.  All your psycho genocidal wishes will come to fruition all at once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

..As would ´Christian´ And Then, no doubt. Foaming at the mouth at the very thought.

Warmerchants in a culture of war.. One of these days people who venerate weapons of war - objectively, weapons of mass destruction, no matter what skewed definitions wielded - will find themselves on the receiving end of what they so easily dish out to others.

You must be referring to the US drone shot down by Iran no doubt :D

Have you ever fired a gun? It’s pretty fun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Have you ever killed a human being, let alone the innocent bystander variant (an extremely plausible result when using such WMD´s)?

It will haunt you until your last days on this earth.

See thats what I mean, you think this is all some sort of game, a spectator sport.. `Oh look honey, the attack on Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Iran has started.. watch all the beautiful missiles fly!`

Lets see how you like it when missiles come raining down on YOUR nation, on YOUR town, on YOUR family. Suddenly it isnt somuch ´fun´ anymore. Get some bloody sense of reality why not.

53 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Have you ever killed a human being, let alone the innocent bystander variant (an extremely plausible result when using such WMD´s)?

Many times.

halo-master-chief-costume-300x250.jpg

See thats what I mean, you think this is all some sort of game, a spectator sport.. `Oh look honey, the attack on Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Iran has started.. watch all the beautiful missiles fly!`

Regardless, firing a gun is fun.

Lets see how you like it when missiles come raining down on YOUR nation, on YOUR town, on YOUR family. Suddenly it isnt somuch ´fun´ anymore. Get some bloody sense of reality why not.

Take a deep breath.  I'm not shooting missiles at anyone.  I have just about the same amount of influence on people that start wars as you do.  Maybe you should change the channel to the cartoon network or the cooking channel.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Have you ever had a gun fired AT you?  Your wife, your kids?

Not so fun. But, you wouldn't know anything about it. Only real men know.

Just now, odas said:

Have you ever had a gun fired AT you?  Your wife, your kids?

Not so fun. But, you wouldn't know anything about it. Only real men know.

Suck it.  You don't know me.  Ever stop someone from jumping to their death?  And for the record, firing guns is fun.