Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Shoots down Iranian Drone

Duke Wellington

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

And for the record, firing guns is fun.

So is tiddlywinks. With considerably fewer risks. 

Alternatively you could just cut out the middle man and compare your... weapon... with your friends in the shower. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Setton said:

So is tiddlywinks. With considerably fewer risks. 

Alternatively you could just cut out the middle man and compare your... weapon... with your friends in the shower. 

Look at it this way, do you enjoy hitting a bullseye when throwing darts?  Now pretend that dart is going one thousand miles per hour.  I'm not saying it would be fun to shoot someone I'm just saying firing a gun is fun.  What started that whole part of the discussion was that I made a comment that the sailors on the ship probably got really exited when they fired that missile.  Can you imagine the adrenalin rush that must occur?  When I was a kid we built model rockets in school once and launched them  that was pretty exciting.

6 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

will find themselves on the receiving end of what they so easily dish out to others.

Sounds like you might be doing a little "foaming" yourself.  Even if it does happen it won't elevate you or your failing nation a single millimeter, old chap.

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Phaeton appears to be putting words into their mouths ? 

Surely, this comes as no surprise?  It has been his M.O. from the beginning.  

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Take a deep breath.  I'm not shooting missiles at anyone.  I have just about the same amount of influence on people that start wars as you do.  Maybe you should change the channel to the cartoon network or the cooking channel.

I've come to the conclusion that virtue signaling is his only opportunity to find self-value.  It would be sad if he really believes the stuff he shovels so regularly.  

If you like marksmanship, I can recommend a fantastic sport.  Not too expensive to get into and there is a lot of fun and camaraderie.  It's called SERVICE RIFLE competition.  You find a club, buy or build an M1A (.308) or an M4 (5.56) and shoot targets at 200, 400 and 600 yds.  Iron sights only, no scopes.  It's great fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Look at it this way, do you enjoy hitting a bullseye when throwing darts?  Now pretend that dart is going one thousand miles per hour.  I'm not saying it would be fun to shoot someone I'm just saying firing a gun is fun.  What started that whole part of the discussion was that I made a comment that the sailors on the ship probably got really exited when they fired that missile.  Can you imagine the adrenalin rush that must occur?  When I was a kid we built model rockets in school once and launched them  that was pretty exciting.

Only two minor problems with that, the first was that it was the marines on board the boxer and not the sailors that downed the drone and they used a MRZR LMADIS, a high tech electronic jamming system, to down the drone and not a missile.

Ultimately no one got to really have any fun.

3 hours ago, and then said:

And what's been your M.O. from the beginning?

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Only two minor problems with that, the first was that it was the marines on board the boxer and not the sailors that downed the drone and they used a MRZR LMADIS, a high tech electronic jamming system, to down the drone and not a missile.

Ultimately no one got to really have any fun.

So the missile footage earlier in the thread is just CNN stock footage? Fake news huh? :gun:

23 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I hope they don't have plans to blow up our ships like they did the USS Liberty

They certainly do have plans to attack ships, aircraft and anything else that strays into their territorial waters. Now the only question appears to be will they carry then out, and how far will they go.

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

And what's been your M.O. from the beginning?

Something your hate and ignorance won't allow you to grasp, devil-man.  Fortunately, your opinion doesn't matter to me.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So the missile footage earlier in the thread is just CNN stock footage? Fake news huh? :gun:

Here's the system that was employed:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26067/uss-kearsarge-transits-the-suez-canal-with-anti-drone-buggies-keeping-watch-on-deck

• Thanks 2

News just said Iran seized a British oil tanker. Just heard it so I haven't looked around yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

News just said Iran seized a British oil tanker. Just heard it so I haven't looked around yet.

Already been covered extensively in the other thread about Iran harassing UK tankers in the Persian gulf

• Like 1

Just now, DarkHunter said:

Already been covered extensively in the other thread about Iran harassing UK tankers in the Persian gulf

Ok. Haven't seen that thread. Thanks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, and then said:

Can hardly take these murmers seriously. Just imagine what the position of these likeable kindred spirits would be if Iran called off military strikes on the USA mere minutes before execution, after the USA shot down one of Iran's drones approaching their borders.. Surely, they would be screaming War! at the top of their lungs (as opposed to 'a surgical military strike', or 'intervention'), and lament Iran as 'a dangerous rogue nation' for interpreting a simple - and legally defendable ('shot down over territorial waters') - drone shootdown as an 'act of war'.

Hypocrite pedantic war- merchants, defending / trivialize everything 'their side' does, and demonising / emphasize everything 'the (projected) enemy' does. Almost the definition of 'the useful idiot', a prime vector to promote and empower propaganda efforts.

Useful idiot
In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause of whose goals they are not fully aware and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

Lets see here:

- Defending / promoting the war on Islam ('because it is evil, terror, ISIS');
- Defending / promoting the war on Iraq ('because Saddam' and 'terror');
- Defending / promoting the war on Afghanistan ('because of 911');
- Defending / promoting the war on Libya ('because of Qhaddafi');
- Defending / promoting the war on Syria ('because of Al Assad');
- Defending / promoting the war on Iran ('because of terror, nuclear arms').

The sort of people who agree with eachother is another red flag, as we have AT, Gardener, Aztec, Ravenhawk and similar kindred spirits. A comical motley crew of a-critical hypocritical war- merchants.

• Like 1

Such interesting story but from what i see so far it seems to be just that. Good story.

Best evidence provided for the claim by the US officials so far was that of Trump when he said something like '' No doubt, we shot it down ''. Other statements were empty.

IRGC released video of USS Boxer and has said that their drone returned safely after. Date and time on the video fit the time line. But, since those are Iranian claims those are not trustworthy, regardless of content :D

Thing is that such surveillance (as this one near USS Boxer) happens on daily basis and so far there were no incidents and attacks. In years.

This seems to be another one of those stories which end before they begin.

Iranian officials release their version of the story and provide stuff to back it up. US officials on the other side simply make claims and hardly provide anything else to back that up. That's not enough.

Since both sides claim that negotiations are necessary and important i just hope that it won't take another civilian airplane or victims elsewhere in order to make it happen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Such interesting story but from what i see so far it seems to be just that. Good story.

Best evidence provided for the claim by the US officials so far was that of Trump when he said something like '' No doubt, we shot it down ''. Other statements were empty.

IRGC released video of USS Boxer and has said that their drone returned safely after. Date and time on the video fit the time line. But, since those are Iranian claims those are not trustworthy, regardless of content :D

Thing is that such surveillance (as this one near USS Boxer) happens on daily basis and so far there were no incidents and attacks. In years.

This seems to be another one of those stories which end before they begin.

Iranian officials release their version of the story and provide stuff to back it up. US officials on the other side simply make claims and hardly provide anything else to back that up. That's not enough.

Since both sides claim that negotiations are necessary and important i just hope that it won't take another civilian airplane or victims elsewhere in order to make it happen.

Also, this 'most recent (spontaneous, unsollicited) act of Iranian agression' was earnestly announced by Trump at the very moment he was meeting the PM of my own nation, where one of if not the main talkingpoints was to gather support to secure the Straigh of Hormus (meaning: garner support against Iran, obviously)..  Asking other countries - including but not limited to my own nation - to 'join him in his efforts to confront and condemn Iran'.

Yet another wonderful coincidence! God must truely be on his side.

:mellow:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Also, this 'most recent (spontaneous, unsollicited) act of Iranian agression' was earnestly announced by Trump at the very moment he was meeting the PM of my own nation, where one of if not the main talkingpoints was to gather support to secure the Straigh of Hormus (meaning: garner support against Iran, obviously)..  Asking other countries - including but not limited to my own nation - to 'join him in his efforts to confront and condemn Iran'.

Yet another wonderful coincidence! God must truely be on his side.

:mellow:

Funny really. Trump would like to prevent Iranian trade and move troops there in order to accomplish such thing. Regardless of that Strait being part of Iranian territory too :D 

Asking for problems since he took office i mean that foreign policy is laughable and harms credibility of the office for future.

15 hours ago, and then said:

I've come to the conclusion that virtue signaling is his only opportunity to find self-value.  It would be sad if he really believes the stuff he shovels so regularly.  

:D What a comical, sad individual you relentlessly prove yourself to be. Only to add the mindshatteringly ironic 'it would be sad if he really believes the stuff he shovels so regularly'.

Unbelievable this guy. Still marking the days towards your desired war with Iran on your Zohar calendar, 'Christian'?

5 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Funny really. Trump would like to prevent Iranian trade and move troops there in order to accomplish such thing. Regardless of that Strait being part of Iranian territory too :D 

Asking for problems since he took office i mean that foreign policy is laughable and harms credibility of the office for future.

Imagine what the US would do if any nation did to her what she does to Iran. Such a nation, especially if non Western, would be branded evil incarnate, the whole world would be organised against it.

'Manufacturing consent', the level of propaganda in the West is gravely underestimated.

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2019 at 3:22 PM, Phaeton80 said:

Imagine what the US would do if any nation did to her what she does to Iran. Such a nation, especially if non Western, would be branded evil incarnate, the whole world would be organised against it.

'Manufacturing consent', the level of propaganda in the West is gravely underestimated.

Indeed. It would not take long for such nation to be attacked because it employed economic terrorism against some other nation. But USA can do what it please, after all ICC is reserved for little fish only.

However i look at this situation i feel that, on long term, USA can lose a lot. And it is losing. Losing influence, but isn't it important? Everyone would dance on USA melody before, not so long ago. And we all were pretty happy with any melody played from the USA. How it did come to this? I know, but many refuse to realize that.

Even in Britain there are concerns about it's foreign policy or things like said in this article : LINK

From the article : ''Much of this angst could have been avoided. Britain opposed Trump’s decision to quit the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, the trigger for today’s crisis. It has watched with alarm as the Trump-Bolton policy of “maximum pressure”, involving punitive sanctions and an oil embargo, has radicalised the most moderate Iranians.''

People forget that Iranians have opinion too, they also have emotions and support for government might be highest ever recorded in Iran.

On 19/07/2019 at 12:59 PM, OverSword said:

Suck it.  You don't know me.  Ever stop someone from jumping to their death?  And for the record, firing guns is fun.

No

Maybe

Yes

And no.

Not worth it.  Go do what you do when you're not here.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Indeed. It would not take long for such nation to be attacked because it employed economic terrorism against some other nation. But USA can do what it please, after all ICC is reserved for little fish only.

However i look at this situation i feel that, on long term, USA can lose a lot. And it is losing. Losing influence, but isn't it important? Everyone would dance on USA melody before, not so long ago. And we all were pretty happy with any melody played from the USA. How it did come to this? I know, but many refuse to realize that.

Even in Britain there are concerns about it's foreign policy or things like said in this article : LINK

From the article : ''Much of this angst could have been avoided. Britain opposed Trump’s decision to quit the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, the trigger for today’s crisis. It has watched with alarm as the Trump-Bolton policy of “maximum pressure”, involving punitive sanctions and an oil embargo, has radicalised the most moderate Iranians.''

People forget that Iranians have opinion too, they also have emotions and support for government might be highest ever recorded in Iran.

I think this is a prelude to the seat of power moving away from the States, to the East. And eventhough I am highly critical in regards to the USA, I think such a move would have dire consequences for the West as a whole, I would not be a happy camper. In fact, I am so very critical towards the USA because I.. well, I actually 'love her (past self)'.. and I think this is where an important part of the battle is won or lost. And 'we' are losing, bigtime..

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1