Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It turned, looked at us and snorted...

Commander CMG

A family say they are living in fear as they claim they're being terrorised by a yowie which lurks around their home.

In a report to yowie hunter Dean Harrison, the Gold Coast family say they are contemplating leaving their Currumbin Valley home and claim the mythical beast has been regularly visiting since last November. 

The alleged sightings comes a week after Australian Yowie Research Page shared a picture of an 'unusual looking' footprint in sedimentary rock in South East Queensland.

Bushwalkers Laura and Gary spotted the unnaturally large marking - which is more than double the size of a standard shoe - on Mt French along the Scenic Rim on July 7. 

Read More Here

• Like 3

Not only is that not a footprint in the rock, it has nothing to do with the modern yowie either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

is that a picture they took of it?

Footprint in rock is supposed to be a currently living critter? How long lived is this thing supposed to be if it was around long enough to make a whopping huge footprint that then fossilized, and is still around to be terrorizing a family today?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

A family say they are living in fear as they claim they're being terrorised by a yowie which lurks around their home.

In a report to yowie hunter Dean Harrison, the Gold Coast family say they are contemplating leaving their Currumbin Valley home and claim the mythical beast has been regularly visiting since last November. 

The alleged sightings comes a week after Australian Yowie Research Page shared a picture of an 'unusual looking' footprint in sedimentary rock in South East Queensland.

Bushwalkers Laura and Gary spotted the unnaturally large marking - which is more than double the size of a standard shoe - on Mt French along the Scenic Rim on July 7. 

Read More Here

That photo is pretty impressive. <the one of the creature walking across the waist-high brush> I wish the article would have told us more about this photo.

All in all, just one more Bigfoot-like creature seems to have been reported by people. Hmmm....

My position on Bigfoot-like creatures is that something likely exists and I suspect it has features beyond what science understands (so-called 'paranormal'). I think the 'all hoax and misidentification' theory has gotten threadbare and is an attempt  to keep the world inside our box of current understanding.

Edited by papageorge1
Removed photo for copyright reasons.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Every continent, many names, many centuries, hundreds of thousands of sightings, photos, videos, inconclusive evidence and not on ounce of proof.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good post, @lilaa'mpuul'xem.  Those yowies are tres cool :)

Hey, the couple could be trying to sell the house and got some free advertising  LOL.  Yes, I can be a cynic too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That photo is pretty impressive. I wish the article would have told us more about this photo.

All in all, just one more Bigfoot-like creature seems to have been reported by people. Hmmm....

My position on Bigfoot-like creatures is that something likely exists and I suspect it has features beyond what science understands (so-called 'paranormal'). I think the 'all hoax and misidentification' theory has gotten threadbare and is an attempt  to keep the world inside our box of current understanding.

Give it a few... some yahoo will get in here and say "they saw bears!"    3.... 2...

Edited by Still Waters
Copyrighted image removed from quoted post
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Give it a few... some yahoo will get in here and say "they saw bears!"    3.... 2...

20190718_172003.jpg.66f632636fdd3f71abfe84f01ae5135d.jpg

give it a few some yahoo will say this isnt a bear because its outside the normal range for bears on an outdated map  3....2....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Read More Here

On Mysterious Universe podcast I heard that yowies like sweets and beans so maybe they need to leave food out for the yowie and it will leave them alone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

On Mysterious Universe podcast I heard that yowies like sweets and beans so maybe they need to leave food out for the yowie and it will leave them alone. 

you know it might work, but with ghosts, demons, spookies etc, the best way not to be haunted....be a skeptic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

you know it might work, but with ghosts, demons, spookies etc, the best way not to be haunted....be a skeptic.

Right, but if they aren't a skeptic, food sounds like a good solution to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right, but if they aren't a skeptic, food sounds like a good solution to me.

i agree and was trying to be stupid funny guess i got half that,

thing is anything i put out here on the porch is gone quick the locals all know i feed creatures and line up, no yowies yet but hoping for a skunk ape.

• Like 1

Just now, the13bats said:

i agree and was trying to be stupid funny guess i got half that,

thing is anything i put out here on the porch is gone quick the locals all know i feed creatures and line up, no yowies yet but hoping for a skunk ape.

Off topic, but putting stuff on the porch, my friends used to live near the oldest hospital in town in a tiny apartment.  My friend put the trash on the porch for her husband to take to the dumpster but by the time he got out there it was gone.  He saw someone running down the street with it.   :lol:

That was a bad neighborhood then, now it is a very expensive neighborhood where the old houses have been bought, put on the historical list and restored. 

• Like 1

What did it snort,? Did the family snort? 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That photo is pretty impressive. <the one of the creature walking across the waist-high brush> I wish the article would have told us more about this photo.

I do understand your beliefs papa.... and say the rock formation was indeed a bigfoot footprint. With how long it can take for something like a footprint to fossilize into stone and time for some natural weathering and erosion there's no way that footprint could possibly be a currently living creature terrorizing folks. It's a bit akin to seeing a fossilized dinosaur track and saying a currently living chupacabra made it. At the best stretch with an assumption that that is a footprint, would mean that long ago there was a bigfoot walking in the area.

And while striking footprints into stone isn't completely out of the general realms of spooky lore- some devils and hounds are supposed to be able to do it- it's not something any of the varieties of bigfoot are supposed to be noted for. Most of the bigfoot lore seems to indicate a more natural creature that sometimes gets some hyrax proportions... but not usually infernal characteristics.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rashore said:

I do understand your beliefs papa.... and say the rock formation was indeed a bigfoot footprint. With how long it can take for something like a footprint to fossilize into stone and time for some natural weathering and erosion there's no way that footprint could possibly be a currently living creature terrorizing folks. It's a bit akin to seeing a fossilized dinosaur track and saying a currently living chupacabra made it. At the best stretch with an assumption that that is a footprint, would mean that long ago there was a bigfoot walking in the area.

I never said anything about the footprint. People seeing these Yowies and that photo I mentioned would trump the rock footprint in importance (if indeed that is what it is).

14 minutes ago, rashore said:

And while striking footprints into stone isn't completely out of the general realms of spooky lore- some devils and hounds are supposed to be able to do it- it's not something any of the varieties of bigfoot are supposed to be noted for. Most of the bigfoot lore seems to indicate a more natural creature that sometimes gets some hyrax proportions... but not usually infernal characteristics.

The idea of a Yowie striking footprints into stone never even really crossed my mind here. Not sure what you meant by 'infernal characteristics' but I am saying I think Bigfoot has characteristics we would call paranormal like dimension-shifting (seeming disappearance to us) and etcetera.

pg, when you suggest bf is likely paranormal then its no reach to assume you might just believe a paranormal whatever could leave a print in stone, i dont have the handbook for paranormal entities.

i dont think you needed to delete the pic you were posting it for non profit educational reasons.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I never said anything about the footprint. People seeing these Yowies and that photo I mentioned would trump the rock footprint in importance (if indeed that is what it is).

The idea of a Yowie striking footprints into stone never even really crossed my mind here. Not sure what you meant by 'infernal characteristics' but I am saying I think Bigfoot has characteristics we would call paranormal like dimension-shifting (seeming disappearance to us) and etcetera.

Ok, cool :) for a moment there I thought you were of a favorable notion that the rock formation could be attached to the current goings on. Sometimes your papa-meter can be a smidge out of tune. Even so, didn't think it would be that out of tune here. Wanted to clarify. I think otherwise your belief level in the story and such is pretty normal for you :tu:

Infernal characteristics. The stuff attributed to critters like hell hounds, devils, and the likes that are supposed to be able to leave footprints in stone with active walking upon them. I now know you aren't necessarily connecting the stone footprint and what's currently going on. But apparently the folks and the reporting are tying it together, so figured I'd throw the info into the mix here.

• Like 1

Just now, rashore said:

Ok, cool :) for a moment there I thought you were of a favorable notion that the rock formation could be attached to the current goings on. Sometimes your papa-meter can be a smidge out of tune. Even so, didn't think it would be that out of tune here. Wanted to clarify. I think otherwise your belief level in the story and such is pretty normal for you :tu:

Infernal characteristics. The stuff attributed to critters like hell hounds, devils, and the likes that are supposed to be able to leave footprints in stone with active walking upon them. I now know you aren't necessarily connecting the stone footprint and what's currently going on. But apparently the folks and the reporting are tying it together, so figured I'd throw the info into the mix here.

Do we even know that wasn't mud on stone that got imprinted? The quality of these articles often leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually you are one up on me. I never knew some believe cryptids can leave footprints in stone.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Do we even know that wasn't mud on stone that got imprinted? The quality of these articles often leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually you are one up on me. I never knew some believe cryptids can leave footprints in stone.

Pretty sure that between the article " 'unusual looking' footprint in sedimentary rock" and the pics themselves showing rather clearly that it's just rock, and not mud on stone that got imprinted it may be safe to say that's just rock. I'm willing to stretch your belief way for a nonce.. maybe stretch my way in accepting it isn't a fresh set of mud on stone. Even with what can be dubious quality articles, still pretty clear it's a rock thing, not a mud thing.

And yep, some lore got critters that can strike their footprint into stone... but pretty clear that wasn't the path this footprint was wandering, so let's save that for another thread, shall we?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

The photo is from America - not Australia. Its one of those painted cut-out Bigfoots people like to put up in fields by the road. For some reason, a Yowie-researcher posted it on his Facebook page and now it is regularly included in Yowie media articles...

39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The idea of a Yowie striking footprints into stone never even really crossed my mind here. 

Rex Gilroy, who has been actively searching for the Yowie since the early 1970s, has claimed to have found several such fossilized Yowie prints in stone. You should look him up. PG - I think you may find him to be very credible...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Night Walker said:

The photo is from America - not Australia. Its one of those painted cut-out Bigfoots people like to put up in fields by the road. For some reason, a Yowie-researcher posted it on his Facebook page and now it is regularly included in Yowie media articles...

Rex Gilroy, who has been actively searching for the Yowie since the early 1970s, has claimed to have found several such fossilized Yowie prints in stone. You should look him up. PG - I think you may find him to be very credible...

If the prints are fossilized in stone it means the yowie who made them are dead.  I have seen these kinds of prints in stone in Arizona where it looked like a medium sized mammal ran up a muddy slope, but now the muddy slope is rock.  Really kind of cool.  In that same area we found fossils of sea creatures as well.

• Like 2

The "footprint" is most likely just an eroded area of the rock. If it were a fossilized footprint there should be other tracks preserved around it. None of this has anything to do with yowies of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Night Walker said:

Do you have any further information to confirm what you are saying? I also consider that certain anti-bigfoot people will call every decent photo a hoax like Patterson Gimlin even though it is not accepted by all as a hoax. Seems pretty cruddy that a known cut-out would get that much attention?