Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It turned, looked at us and snorted...

Commander CMG

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

20190718_172003.jpg.66f632636fdd3f71abfe84f01ae5135d.jpg

give it a few some yahoo will say this isnt a bear because its outside the normal range for bears on an outdated map  3....2....

Yahoo,I wouldn't be totally surprised if it was a bear here.There was an animal safari park near Sydney that was closed years ago I believe for animal cruelty,I went there and saw at least 50 half starved bears.What happened to them?It also had lions and reports of lions at large were reported after its closure.How many other of these zoo's were around the country,not to mention idiots that own and release exotic animals.My mate caught a Rhesus monkey years ago when hunting around Wyangala Dam in NSW.A good chance of an exotic animal,next to zero of a BF,Yowie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Do you have any further information to confirm what you are saying? I also consider that certain anti-bigfoot people will call every decent photo a hoax like Patterson Gimlin even though it is not accepted by all as a hoax. Seems pretty cruddy that a known cut-out would get that much attention?

In Chrome, right click on the image and "Search Google for image."

You can find it's hosted on arkansashunting.net.

https://www.arkansashunting.net/threads/big-foot-sighting-paris-ar.225523/#post-2848006

https://www.arkansashunting.net/threads/big-foot-sighting-paris-ar.225523/#post-2848007

It seems even more cruddy that Sunshine Coast Yowie Research can put a copyright watermark on the graphic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

In Chrome, right click on the image and "Search Google for image."

You can find it's hosted on arkansashunting.net.

https://www.arkansashunting.net/threads/big-foot-sighting-paris-ar.225523/#post-2848006

https://www.arkansashunting.net/threads/big-foot-sighting-paris-ar.225523/#post-2848007

It seems even more cruddy that Sunshine Coast Yowie Research can put a copyright watermark on the graphic.

Thanks for that but where in all that does it conclusively show or say it's a fake. I just see the usual silly banter in the comments.

35 minutes ago, openozy said:

Yahoo,I wouldn't be totally surprised if it was a bear here.There was an animal safari park near Sydney that was closed years ago I believe for animal cruelty,I went there and saw at least 50 half starved bears.What happened to them?It also had lions and reports of lions at large were reported after its closure.How many other of these zoo's were around the country,not to mention idiots that own and release exotic animals.My mate caught a Rhesus monkey years ago when hunting around Wyangala Dam in NSW.A good chance of an exotic animal,next to zero of a BF,Yowie.

I would expect there would be a public servant of politician keen to make a name for themselves from an incident like that.; just like Barnaby Joyce and Johnny Depp's dogs.  It's a pretty regular thing for Sydney theme parks to go under.  Was it one oh these? Sydney's forgotten theme parks

There was a report of Rhesus Monkeys escaping years ago. link.  It's quite a distance from Wyangla Dam though.

I reckon a sighting of a bear would be accompanied by a report of a missing bear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

20190718_172003.jpg.66f632636fdd3f71abfe84f01ae5135d.jpg

give it a few some yahoo will say this isnt a bear because its outside the normal range for bears on an outdated map  3....2....

I'm pretty sure Australia *is* out of the range of any bear, but you can call me a yahoo if it makes you feel better :)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks for that but where in all that does it conclusively show or say it's a fake. I just see the usual silly banter in the comments.

Unfortunately, if you can't get access to the original EXIF data you're not going to be able to confirm something is genuine.  I've read there were telltale signs of photo editing that can be revealed by adjusting contrast, viewing negative, etc.  But that was probably 10 years and a couple of generations of software ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm pretty sure Australia *is* out of the range of any bear, but you can call me a yahoo if it makes you feel better :)

I really can't disagree with you on this occasion.  You can find ursine species within about 15 miles of the Currumbin Valley; but, I am sure that group is well monitored.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Unfortunately, if you can't get access to the original EXIF data you're not going to be able to confirm something is genuine.  I've read there were telltale signs of photo editing that can be revealed by adjusting contrast, viewing negative, etc.  But that was probably 10 years and a couple of generations of software ago.

So....I'm hearing 'we don't know' in this case.

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So....I'm hearing 'we don't know' in this case.

The cutout pattern being sold on Amazon is identical to the outline of the "creature" in the photo. It's cased closed for this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

um no earl you epic failed yet again being all closed minded in your little box.

and this post sums it up rather well :tu:

1 hour ago, openozy said:

that type thing happened a lot here in florida with little road side zoos curious did your buddy catch the monkey or shoot it or something i ask as we have them here and they can be a handful, some very vicious.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

The cutout pattern being sold on Amazon is identical to the outline of the "creature" in the photo. It's cased closed for this one.

I saw that but there must have been some additional editing too like in the face and back of neck. I will go probably photoshopped on this one.

• Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

stop the presses pg admits a hoax.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I saw that but there must have been some additional editing too like in the face and back of neck. I will go probably photoshopped on this one.

I think the cutout was painted and it looks like some "fur" was attached too. I'm not sure any photoshop was necessary for this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

several months back on Craigslist was a 7ft cool looking bigfoot yard statue, but not hollow fiberglass, it was solid concrete, counted me out, but man that would have been cool in my yard,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Do you have any further information to confirm what you are saying? I also consider that certain anti-bigfoot people will call every decent photo a hoax like Patterson Gimlin even though it is not accepted by all as a hoax. Seems pretty cruddy that a known cut-out would get that much attention?

It's part of a series of images. Earlier this year "That's Life!", an Australian entertainment and lifestyle magazine, published the picture in relation to an article about a local Yowie hunter as he had featured it on his Facebook page. However, it was originally posted to Facebook by KARK-4 News, a media outlet in Arkansas, in January 2018. At the time the figure could be seen on the right side of Hwy 309 just outside of Paris, Arkansas...

http://home.yowieocalypse.com/Im_a_Yowie_Hunter/
https://www.facebook.com/KARK4/posts/hmmmthese-pictures-have-been-circulating-lately-and-were-told-they-were-taken-ne/10156295375494113/

The pictures themselves garnered very little attention. What is cruddy is the lack of fact-checking by the "researchers" and media sources that use the image...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Give it a few... some yahoo will get in here and say "they saw bears!"    3.... 2...

Not a bear Earl.  Looks more like the famous actor, Harry from Harry and the Hendersons.  Maybe he was taking a quick vacation in Australia before Harry and the Hendersons II: the Return  starts filming.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

that type thing happened a lot here in florida with little road side zoos curious did your buddy catch the monkey or shoot it or something i ask as we have them here and they can be a handful, some very vicious

Yeah he caught it and had it for years in a huge aviary,it hated men and would attempt to kill you.He was a bikie so he thought it was cool.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I would expect there would be a public servant of politician keen to make a name for themselves from an incident like that.; just like Barnaby Joyce and Johnny Depp's dogs.  It's a pretty regular thing for Sydney theme parks to go under.  Was it one oh these? Sydney's forgotten theme parks

There was a report of Rhesus Monkeys escaping years ago. link.  It's quite a distance from Wyangla Dam though.

I reckon a sighting of a bear would be accompanied by a report of a missing bear.

It was The African Lion Safari,that and Bullens Animal world,I met one of the lady owners years later,she was a snobby,shifty piece of work.Nothing that went on at these ---holes would surprise me,they were dirty people.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That photo is pretty impressive. <the one of the creature walking across the waist-high brush> I wish the article would have told us more about this photo.

All in all, just one more Bigfoot-like creature seems to have been reported by people. Hmmm....

My position on Bigfoot-like creatures is that something likely exists and I suspect it has features beyond what science understands (so-called 'paranormal'). I think the 'all hoax and misidentification' theory has gotten threadbare and is an attempt  to keep the world inside our box of current understanding.

Maybe the claims of paranormal arise from people that want to be avoid learning about how the world actually works.

I think all of this appeal to avoid understanding how science operates is to avoid accepting that turning to the paranormal is a head in the sand approach to life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Do we even know that wasn't mud on stone that got imprinted? The quality of these articles often leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually you are one up on me. I never knew some believe cryptids can leave footprints in stone.

The photo shows a soluble rock such as limestone. You can see this in the left side of the hole where there are cracks that have been widened through the dissolving of the rock.

This is not a footprint. Nor is the small hole to the right of the sneaker a deer print in the stone. Nor is the smaller hole at the bottom of the photo a deer print.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Maybe the claims of paranormal arise from people that want to be avoid learning about how the world actually works.

I think all of this appeal to avoid understanding how science operates is to avoid accepting that turning to the paranormal is a head in the sand approach to life.

I feel there is persistent strong data that says your worldview is dramatically incomplete. To quote a skeptic of the skeptics; If they throw away the data that doesn't fit, all the data fits nicely.

• Haha 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I feel there is persistent strong data that says your worldview is dramatically incomplete. To quote a skeptic of the skeptics; If they throw away the data that doesn't fit, all the data fits nicely.

I feel there is a persistent strong data that says your worldview is delusion and conflicts with reality.  My slogan: If you can't make the effort to become educated you simply get left behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I feel there is a persistent strong data that says your worldview is delusion and conflicts with reality.  My slogan: If you can't make the effort to become educated you simply get left behind.

I agree with your slogan actually.

28 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I agree with your slogan actually.

Sorry you have opted to get left behind.