Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It turned, looked at us and snorted...

Commander CMG

5 hours ago, openozy said:

Yeah he caught it and had it for years in a huge aviary,it hated men and would attempt to kill you.He was a bikie so he thought it was cool.

im sure it was a fright, a Rhesus isnt small, it could really hurt a person,

yeah, my grandmother had s squrrel monkey small, cute and after she passed away hated me, tore me all up cleaning its cage so i gave her to a wifelife rescue guy who had 2 others and she got a mate and was happy,

• Like 3

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

um no earl you epic failed yet again being all closed minded in your little box.

ahhh, no genius, the bears are about 525 miles away.   FAIL

and nice sense of humor you have today!  IS thjs an uptick for you?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

ahhh, no genius, the bears are about 525 miles away.   FAIL

and nice sense of humor you have today!  IS thjs an uptick for you?

ahhh so genius you are saying bears never roam and travel?

yet another eot epic fail....but at least you are good at fails :tu:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Good post, @lilaa'mpuul'xem.  Those yowies are tres cool :)

Hey, the couple could be trying to sell the house and got some free advertising  LOL.  Yes, I can be a cynic too

That's not cynical, it's realistic.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

ahhh so genius you are saying bears never roam and travel?

Not that far, not when are kept track of.

BUT.... you just had to make an issue of it anyway.

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Not that far, not when are kept track of.

BUT.... you just had to make an issue of it anyway.

you made an issue of it as you do must things here,

okay everyone in addition to everything else one can name eot is also an expert in the behaviors and habits of all known Ursidae,

he will soon honor us with his full published report on the roaming patterns of bears proving just how far is too far.

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Trelane said:

A far simpler way to frame it is, why not bears? The other explanation has no evidence to support it.

sure, when we get past weak reasons why some say no way no how its bears of course bears make up a large number of alleged bigfoot, yowie, yeti ( dna proved yeti is type of bear ) almas etc sightings, bears do roam and can live many places, places alleged bf lives.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2019 at 10:51 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm pretty sure Australia *is* out of the range of any bear

Ruling out koala bears (once known as as "Australian monkeys") and the Drop Bear I have to agree with EoT here...

Is the opposing position that the Yowie can be rationally explained as sightings of bears in Australia? Really? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Into another one of those rabbit holes...This follows along the same lines as Aliens/UFOs another poster looking for some one else to confirm their conformation bias....Again we are left no absolute evidence only opinions....And a 50 page thread of he said, they said etc....My cat turned and looked at me and meowed, does that mean he's about to go on a rampage? LoL! This thread is so ridiculous it should be locked.

Edited by Minimalists
  • Like 5

On 7/19/2019 at 6:58 AM, the13bats said:

is that a picture they took of it?

The picture isn't too bad yeah.  Or did you mean the video sorry?   Because in the video part, I actually thought I was watching one of the investigators that they were filming walking over yonder in the bushland....not a yowie.  I thought it was another guy in long pants in the dark.  :o 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, pixiii said:

The picture isn't too bad yeah.  Or did you mean the video sorry?   Because in the video part, I actually thought I was watching one of the investigators that they were filming walking over yonder in the bushland....not a yowie.  I thought it was another guy in long pants in the dark.  :o 

i was baiting, i knew what the pic was from...the cut out.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Ruling out koala bears (once known as as "Australian monkeys") and the Drop Bear I have to agree with EoT here...

Is the opposing position that the Yowie can be rationally explained as sightings of bears in Australia? Really? 

im surprised, actually considering i guess im not that you would ignore, overlook or be ignorant to the possibility as has been pointed out in this thread, and other threads animals including bears, are released, escape, from both zoos and private collectors, florida is full of such creatures, which are pretty much the answer for the fl skunk ape,

dont lead into making up stuff that wasnt said no one said all yowie sightings are bears, however a yowie sighting or two "could" be a bear to adamantly rule it out is closed minded and not rational or scientific.

Edited by the13bats
mistyped
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Minimalists said:

LoL! This thread is so ridiculous it should be locked.

Or... the eternal true unbelievers should go post at "Explained Realities". 

Thread Name:  "There are no Yowies either"

Neg poster1:  "Yea, good thread. I know there's no such thing as bigfoot and Yowie, too"
Neg Poster2: "Excellent point. I don't think so either"   :sleepy:

Next thread:  "More evidence there is no Yowie"

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Neg poster1:  "Yea, good thread. I know there's no such thing as bigfoot and Yowie, too"

^^^^^^^

8e252f940007df55075993e8729f49a7.gif.777a92e1f72711a918ddcfde3a63a9c1.gif

your thought would have a ton of weight if there was ever any evidence or proof posted by DTBs, sure, i bet it does get very annoying to be asked for proof and evidence and have zero, zip, zlitch,

"belief" alone is enough for some not all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Take your damn conspiracy theories to David Icke message board..Secondly, urban legends are just that legends. Thirdly, just like aliens there is no proof of these things. Fourthly, unless you can add something that proves these things I am not going to continue to chase you down this this bull**** rabbit hole...

Have Nice Day.

Edited by Minimalists
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

im surprised, actually considering i guess im not that you would ignore, overlook or be ignorant to the possibility as has been pointed out in this thread, and other threads animals including bears, are released, escape, from both zoos and private collectors, florida is full of such creatures, which are pretty much the answer for the fl skunk ape,

dont lead into making up stuff that wasnt said no one said all yowie sightings are bears, however a yowie sighting or two "could" be a bear to adamantly rule it out is closed minded and not rational or scientific.

Specifically which Yowie sighitngs in Australia are best explained as an out-of-place bear? Is there even one?

Academics from a variety of disciplines have examined and pondered the Yowie over the years - which has ever proposed that out-of-place bears are or could be responsible for even a single Yowie sighting in Australia?

There is no objective physical evidence of Yowies just as there is no objective physical evidence of bears roaming the Australian bush. It is not close-minded to rule out that which is highly improbable. Your opinion in this matter, Bats, is neither rational nor scientific but good on you for believing otherwise...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Night Walker said:

Specifically which Yowie sighitngs in Australia are best explained as an out-of-place bear? Is there even one?

Academics from a variety of disciplines have examined and pondered the Yowie over the years - which has ever proposed that out-of-place bears are or could be responsible for even a single Yowie sighting in Australia?

There is no objective physical evidence of Yowies just as there is no objective physical evidence of bears roaming the Australian bush. It is not close-minded to rule out that which is highly improbable. Your opinion in this matter, Bats, is neither rational nor scientific but good on you for believing otherwise...

lol, just as i expected, so...epic fail

Edited by the13bats
mistyped

So, you expected a reasonable response to your wild and unsupported claim which you then dismiss as an "epic fail" without any logic or rationalization?

I didn't expect that response from you, Bats. Did PG hack your account?

Thanks anyway. Have a good day...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Night Walker said:

So, you expected a reasonable response to your wild and unsupported claim which you then dismiss as an "epic fail" without any logic or rationalization?

I didn't expect that response from you, Bats. Did PG hack your account?

Thanks anyway. Have a good day...

i expected when i pointed out you were wrong you would just try to spin it back at me, didnt know you would just use what i pointed out about you, and unexpected you would need the last word.

you might just have something to add worth reading if you would stop letting your ego get in the way :tu:

i find it just as likely that a wayward bear could have neen mistaken for yowie as i do the person made up the whole encounter, i would rather lean to bear to be more fair than to say everyone who reports a yowie makes it up.

to say something is highly unlikely is fine to 100% rule it out as you did because its just unlikely is to me close minded and not scientific,

im way good with agreeing to disagree,

so tell me what is the picture that looks like an odd print in your avatar?

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

^^^^^^^

8e252f940007df55075993e8729f49a7.gif.777a92e1f72711a918ddcfde3a63a9c1.gif

your thought would have a ton of weight if there was ever any evidence or proof posted by DTBs, sure, i bet it does get very annoying to be asked for proof and evidence and have zero, zip, zlitch,

"belief" alone is enough for some not all.

why ask for proof when you know there isn't any.  If there was it would all be a moot point here at UM.

and nobody asked that you believe, either

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

why ask for proof when you know there isn't any.  If there was it would all be a moot point here at UM.

and nobody asked that you believe, either

you come here and mix spewing wild ideas and conspiracies and get played hard by hard core skeptics  they do know how to make you dance and its all good it appears its what you enjoy if you didnt you wouldnt keep coming back.

so asking for proof of claims that you admit have no proof is taboo tp speak of here, then whats left you and your minion capt fail high fiving each other that the day of disclousure is at hand  yet never comes? yawn,

i dont recall anyone asked me to believe.

5 hours ago, Minimalists said:

Take your damn conspiracy theories to David Icke message board..Secondly, urban legends are just that legends. Thirdly, just like aliens there is no proof of these things. Fourthly, unless you can add something that proves these things I am not going to continue to chase you down this this bull**** rabbit hole...

Have Nice Day.

number one, and I grow real tired of explain this to you bashers and smashers of people who disagree with you, if there was PROOF of any subject matter, the subject would be a moot point here at UM, got it???  But it's and I need not supply PROOF to anything or anyone, got it?

Conspiracy theories are allowed here at UM, so why don't YOU leave and and take your crap attitude to Explained Realities 

"I am not going to continue to chase you down this this bull**** rabbit hole..." - promises promises

Get over yourself and put me on "ignore".  Very simple to do 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

People have theories... 

Oh.... My... GOD!!!!!

• Like 1