Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

Polar

31 minutes ago, Polar said:

No, No, and No. Kindly cease your pointless floundering. Your deluded premise is technically unsupportable on numerous levels. Period. At least have the courtesy to minimize wasting site band-width.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Post # 772 not only DOESN’T support the idea that Greenland was in front of the PoH/SoG but is also irrelevant to the existence of our genus, dating back to 2.8 million years BP as well as our species circa 300,000 BP. 

cormac

• Like 4

On 9/21/2019 at 6:15 AM, Piney said:

I always though Dionysus was actually Thracian, who were a branch of the Balkan folks and close cousins to the Greeks until I read the Minoan idea. 

I'm working on something right now but I'll PM you a few books which are really good written by a friend of mine.

I wrote an article on the Thracian origin of Dionysus —or rather, Zagreus, his nocturnal counterpart. Sounds like I need to revisit its conclusions, though, in light of Minoan influence. 

...although I think I used some Linear A as evidence of something or other. It’s been five years or more since I wrote it. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Swede said:

No, No, and No. Kindly cease your pointless floundering. Your deluded premise is technically unsupportable on numerous levels. Period. At least have the courtesy to minimize wasting site band-width.

You know, I have the unpleasant hunch Oversword may have been right about Mario. He might be on the spectrum and incapable of meaningful interactions. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Post # 772 not only DOESN’T support the idea that Greenland was in front of the PoH/SoG but is also irrelevant to the existence of our genus, dating back to 2.8 million years BP as well as our species circa 300,000 BP. 

cormac

Maybe Atlantis was the Siberian Craton? It happened to be forming over the Icelandic Hotspot somewhere about the Carbofibberus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

You know, I have the unpleasant hunch Oversword may have been right about Mario. He might be on the spectrum and incapable of meaningful interactions. 

—Jaylemurph 

Nope, our systemizing skills are too good no matter what the spectrum level.....call it "Autistic Pragmatism".  He has none.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Only took you 5 years to work that out. Speaks volumes...

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Only took you 5 years to work that out. Speaks volumes...

Notice no one’s giving /you/ the benefit of the doubt. Everyone realizes you’re just an [redacted]. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/21/2019 at 11:15 PM, Piney said:

I always though Dionysus was actually Thracian, who were a branch of the Balkan folks and close cousins to the Greeks until I read the Minoan idea. 

I'm working on something right now but I'll PM you a few books which are really good written by a friend of mine.

Dionysus was one of the original Olympian Gods. How is he Minoan?

3 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Notice no one’s giving /you/ the benefit of the doubt. Everyone realizes you’re just an [redacted]. 

—Jaylemurph 

No let’s talk some more about this... so Jaylemurph spends the better part of 5 years screaming at a brick wall and then has an awakening...

He wasn't one of the PIE gods. The Olympians were a merger between the Paleo-Balkan gods and the Minoan ones. Athena was originally Minoan. 

Just now, Piney said:

He wasn't one of the PIE gods. The Olympians were a merger between the Paleo-Balkan gods and the Minoan ones. Athena was originally Minoan. 

Piney were is your proof?

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Go read a book, Risky. No version of the birth of Dionysus has him as either a native Greek or an Olympian. He’s always presented as Asian/Eastern. 

As usual, you can’t just be wrong: you have to be obnoxiously wrong. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Piney. Wine was an important part of Greek life. Must have also been important for the Minoans and every other contemporary civilisation in the Mediterranean basin. So they all had a God of wine. They had one for the sea and war and so on. Clearly Dionysus was the son of Zeus. The last of the original 12 Olympian Gods. It’s a stretch saying that they Mycenaean Greeks had to import a God to represent. And if they did then they wove him into the fabric of the Parthenon in such a way that it’s impossible to unravel him with pulling apart the whole of the Olympian world.

8 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Go read a book, Risky. No version of the birth of Dionysus has him as either a native Greek or an Olympian. He’s always presented as Asian/Eastern. 

As usual, you can’t just be wrong: you have to be obnoxiously wrong. 

—Jaylemurph 

He was the son of Zeus.

He was the son of Zeus.

...so were /dozens/ of other mythological heroes. None of them are Olympian gods, either. 

We’re well past the point where we all know you’re out of your depth and knowledge. You can stop shaming yourself whenever you’re ready.

—Jaylemurph 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Look at you, reading a child’s website. Maybe you’re more self-aware than we give you credit for. 

—Jaylemurph 

The web site is for your benefit not mine...lol

23 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Piney. Wine was an important part of Greek life. Must have also been important for the Minoans and every other contemporary civilisation in the Mediterranean basin. So they all had a God of wine. They had one for the sea and war and so on. Clearly Dionysus was the son of Zeus. The last of the original 12 Olympian Gods. It’s a stretch saying that they Mycenaean Greeks had to import a God to represent. And if they did then they wove him into the fabric of the Parthenon in such a way that it’s impossible to unravel him with pulling apart the whole of the Olympian world.

The PIE folks didn't have wine until they came into contact with Anatolia. Many PIE peoples were into fermented horse milk with herbs added prior to wine which was attached to a moon god. 

Here's another example of a borrowing. This time from the Semitic folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonis#Origin

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

The PIE folks didn't have wine until they came into contact with Anatolia. Many PIE peoples were into fermented horse milk with herbs added prior to wine which was attached to a moon god. 

Here's another example of a borrowing. This time from the Semitic folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonis#Origin

Well we do t really know where the Greeks came from to make that call. Caspian Sea, Black Sea, Anatolia, Spain or Central Europe. But assuming that they knew nothing of the grape before coming to Greece it wouldn’t have taken long to associate one with wine. Could they have borrowed a local deity, we’ll yes but he would have become there own very quickly.

Well we do t really know where the Greeks came from to make that call. Caspian Sea, Black Sea, Anatolia, Spain or Central Europe.

Yes we do.  That statement was ridiculous. 

They came right off the Pontic-Caspian Steppe during the PIE (Yamnaya) separation, probably because of a plague and as war parties. The Indo-Europeans went in one direction, the Indo-Iranians in another and the Paleo-Balkan-Armenian/Hittite went straight down Southward. The Balto-Slavics stayed right in the Urheimat. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked