Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

Polar

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

Soooo, no archaeological evidence still? Splendid!

Yep the believing continues unabated among the gullible and uneducated while the rest of us stand by puzzled by all the noise....

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Yep the believing continues unabated among the gullible and uneducated while the rest of us stand by puzzled by all the noise....

:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His film company, Associated Producers of Canada, added: "Besides identifying the location of the city, they discovered a stele that may have stood at the entrance to the ancient civilisation. It records the long lost symbol of Atlantis."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/8381219/Lost-city-of-Atlantis-buried-in-Spanish-wetlands.html

I remember seeing that  stele.trying to find that again :)

33 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

His film company, Associated Producers of Canada, added: "Besides identifying the location of the city, they discovered a stele that may have stood at the entrance to the ancient civilisation. It records the long lost symbol of Atlantis."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/8381219/Lost-city-of-Atlantis-buried-in-Spanish-wetlands.html

I remember seeing that  stele.trying to find that again :)

Surely film producers would have no cause to gjn up interest in their product. No money would be made at all...

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Surely film producers would have no cause to gjn up interest in their product. No money would be made at all...

—Jaylemurph 

I remember seeing that stele that may have stood at the entrance to the ancient civilisation. It records the long lost symbol of Atlantis."

28 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I remember seeing that stele that may have stood at the entrance to the ancient civilisation. It records the long lost symbol of Atlantis."

Symbol of Atlantis according to whom? Not any reputable archaeologist or historian. 

cormac

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Symbol of Atlantis

Urantia_Book_inset.png

8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

:whistle::lol:

If I close my eyes I can almost but not quite see that.

jmccr8

Hint:

Gobekli Tepe

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Hint:

Gobekli Tepe

Hi Will

Glad to see you still find humor in our relationship.:D

Please expand on how the "Blue Book" is relevant to Gobekli Tepe?

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

that symbol was on the

A model of the Tartessian site of Cancho Roano, Extremadura, Spain

Hi Docyabut

Just curious, if Atlantis was circular in construction why would it be represented in a squarish looking symbol

jmccr8

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Docyabut

Just curious, if Atlantis was circular in construction why would it be represented in a squarish looking symbol

jmccr8

I`m guessing that was long lost city of tartessos was symbol of Atlantis 

Edited by docyabut2

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

Glad to see you still find humor in our relationship.:D

Please expand on how the "Blue Book" is relevant to Gobekli Tepe?

jmccr8

It's a long story j. But here goes.

The name 'Atlantis' does not appear in the UB. However there are many separate things described in it that in my opinion are very likely (when taken as fact which I know you're not going to do) the source of the legend of Atlantis. 

One of those things is the description of a very advanced civilization that existed in the vicinity of Gobekli Tepe (specifically in the area of Lake Van in Turkey).

34 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Urantia_Book_inset.png

No thanks, not interested in fiction. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

One of those things is the description of a very advanced civilization that existed in the vicinity of Gobekli Tepe (specifically in the area of Lake Van in Turkey).

They had bad hygiene, bad medical and agricultural practices and all they could do is carve rocks......and Lake Van is a "soda lake" and not too healthy for people. 

Still falling for complete horse**** are we? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It's a long story j. But here goes.

The name 'Atlantis' does not appear in the UB. However there are many separate things described in it that in my opinion are very likely (when taken as fact which I know you're not going to do) the source of the legend of Atlantis. 

1)  Your opinion doesn't make it a fact. 

2)  Gobekli Tepe isn't a civilization, at best the people would have constituted a culture. 

cormac

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

Still falling for complete horse**** are we? 

Do you think you can withhold the blatant disrespect Piney?

Maybe it will help to have a productive conversation for once.

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Gobekli Tepe isn't a civilization,

What do you think about how the date of GT stacks up?

How does it work that people 12kya built something like the structures at GT when men and women were supposedly incapable of doing so?

Just now, Will Due said:

Do you think you can withhold the blatant disrespect Piney?

Maybe it will help to have a productive conversation for once.

What's productive? Every time I point out the scientific and archaeological horse**** you can't give me a answer. Like now. They were "rock stackers" who couldn't even cure worms or use fertilizer and field rotation. 

That book is garbage. The mudpies of a ignorant American's mind. PERIOD! 

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

How does it work that people 12kya built something like the structures at GT when men and women were supposedly incapable of doing so?

Anybody can carve and stack stones. You think people were stupid back then?  

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What do you think about how the date of GT stacks up?

So people were carving and building things earlier. The entire site wasn't done all at one time, it was done in parts and buried in parts as the needs changed. It's also not a one-off site. There are others in the region, it's just the largest. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry don`nt believe it was gobeki tepe  was Atlantis, but a city close to  a city of Gades

GADIZ%203.gif

http://polatkaya.net/PHOENICIAN CITY OF GADES Part 2.htm

above are two islands on which ancient Phoenicians founded their city of GADIR

Which is irrelevant as Plato DIDN'T say that Gadir/Gades/Cadiz was Atlantis. He said the island of Atlantis "faced" that region. 

cormac

• Like 1

• The topic was locked