Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

Polar

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry don`nt believe it was gobeki tepe  was Atlantis, but a city close to  a city of Gades

GADIZ%203.gif

http://polatkaya.net/PHOENICIAN CITY OF GADES Part 2.htm

above are two islands on which ancient Phoenicians founded their city of GADIR

I think it's likely there were several outposts of whatever was the civilization that later became the source of the legend of Atlantis. 

In other words, the legend of Atlantis is probably an amalgamation of the fact of an advanced civilization that existed on our world which had outposts in several locations in antiquity.

21 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

His film company, Associated Producers of Canada, added: "Besides identifying the location of the city, they discovered a stele that may have stood at the entrance to the ancient civilisation. It records the long lost symbol of Atlantis."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/8381219/Lost-city-of-Atlantis-buried-in-Spanish-wetlands.html

I`m guessing that was long lost city of tartessos was symbol of Atlantis 

Hi Docyabut

Ancient civilization does not inherently mean Atlantis just a rec:)ognized culture.

56 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Urantia_Book_inset.png

...This is me, deliberately not pointing out what that symbol looks unnervingly like. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph

Just now, jaylemurph said:

...This is me, deliberately not pointing out what that symbols looks unnervingly like. 

—Jaylemurph 

Lol.

Then don't take off your electric pants. 

Just now, docyabut2 said:

Again-To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades in that part of the world,

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

Do you even know what "country" or "region" mean? It doesn't appear so. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

It's interesting isn't it?

An obsession in antiquity that Plato recorded about an advanced and superior culture or civilization that existed long before that all knowledge of is lost. 

And the obsession now is to push a narrative that there is nothing that's true about the legend of Atlantis. 

Just now, Will Due said:

And the obsession now is to push a narrative that there is nothing that's true about the legend of Atlantis. 

Plato said so himself as @cormac mac airt had posted a few pages back.

When the disease ridden people of Gobekli Tepe were stacking rocks and using up their resources nomads on the Pontic Caspian Steppe were developing metal work and inventing the wheel. Read some real archaeology. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Do you even know what "country" or "region" mean? It doesn't appear so. 

cormac

cormac don't believe it was a city in the gobeki or the the urantia book ! but a city of a  place

GADIZ%203.gif

above are two islands on which ancient Phoenicians founded their city of GADIR gades

Edited by docyabut2

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

cormac don't believe it was a city in the gobeki or the the urantia book ! but a city of a  place

GADIZ%203.gif

above are two islands on which ancient Phoenicians founded their city of GADIR gades

I don't care about Gobekli Tepe or the Urantia Book, neither are relevant to Plato's Atlantis. But then, Cadiz isn't relevant to it either except by way of that 'region' allegedly being 'faced' by Atlantis. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

An obsession in antiquity that Plato recorded about an advanced and superior culture or civilization that existed long before that all knowledge of is lost. 

The most technologically advanced people were agrarian and never built cities. Metal work, pottery, agriculture, aquaculture and advanced medicine were all developed by tethered nomads and 'hamlet" societies. 

34 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

That's NOT Atlantis. 

cormac

Rupert commented to me that It in fact is Sitanlta, Atlantis backward and somewhat awkward cousin city - an earlier precursor to the inflatable circular Atlantis it was in fact the square one built of vitrified silicon/mud brick.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

nomads on the Pontic Caspian Steppe were developing metal work and inventing the wheel. 

Really? 12kya?

33 minutes ago, Piney said:

Anybody can carve and stack stones. You think people were stupid back then?  

Ya Piney

How many time has sex been invented, my dad said when he was 16 he invented it.:lol:

Edited by jmccr8
not sure but did it anyway
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

...This is me, deliberately not pointing out what that symbol looks unnervingly like. 

—Jaylemurph 

Well it IS filled with junk obsolete science.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Really? 12kya?

It's primary structures aren't that old. Only that it functioned as a worship center then. 

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

The most technologically advanced people were agrarian and never built cities. 

Agrarian people who never built cities were anything but technologically advanced. 

7 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Rupert commented to me that It in fact is Sitanlta, Atlantis backward and somewhat awkward cousin city - an earlier precursor to the inflatable circular Atlantis it was in fact the square one built of vitrified silicon/mud brick.

So that's how it actually sunk......sharp vole claws. :unsure2:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What do you think about how the date of GT stacks up?

How does it work that people 12kya built something like the structures at GT when men and women were supposedly incapable of doing so?

Hi Will

Considering current understanding of evolution and human development it doesn't stack up well with the premise that Eden is a sunken peninsula in the Eastern Med so you will first have to establish that several different colored humanoids were active in agriculture and animal husbandry 36kbp.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Agrarian people who never built cities were anything but technologically advanced. 

Prove it. 

Show me the Yamnaya didn't invent the wheel and metalwork first  and the Yuchanyan didn't invent pottery first. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It's primary structures isn't that old. 

The structures yet to be excavated are probably much older.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Only that it functioned as a worship center then. 

The evidence isn't conclusive that GT functioned only as a worship center.

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Prove it. 

Show me the Yamnaya didn't invent the wheel and metalwork first  and the Yuchanyan didn't invent pottery first. 

Well, we know the Plocnik, Serbia site shows some of the earliest evidence of copper smelting, circa 5500 BC. And it WASN'T a city, as such. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Well, we know the Plocnik, Serbia site shows some of the earliest evidence of copper smelting, circa 5500 BC. And it WASN'T a city, as such. 

Like I said. Yamnaya. 

• The topic was locked