Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

Polar

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

Considering current understanding of evolution and human development it doesn't stack up well with the premise that Eden is a sunken peninsula in the Eastern Med so you will first have to establish that several different colored humanoids were active in agriculture and animal husbandry 36kbp.

jmccr8

Lol.

How does it work that people 12kya built something like the structures at GT when men and women were primitive and supposedly incapable of doing so?

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Like I said. Yamnaya. 

Not disagreeing, just pointing out that a city WASN'T required. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

How does it work that people 12kya built something like the structures at GT when men and women were primitive and supposedly incapable of doing so?

Not incapable, just until Gobekli Tepe was found there was no evidence of structures of such an early age. What GT has done is show that a city or civilization IS NOT NECESSARY for construciton on a large scale. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Not disagreeing, just pointing out that a city WASN'T required. 

cormac

Nope, but I had a brain fart. It was Vinca.

Friggin American Christian religious dreck gets me so damn mad. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinča_culture#Geography_and_demographics

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What makes you think they were incapable? Have you ever knapped stone tools? Can you? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Lol.

Hi Will

You tell me, your book tells a story of people of different colors and a subjective hierarchy that eliminated the lesser beings that raise cattle and grains imported to Eden by inferior beings created to be ultimately destroyed because of their genetic insignificance, not to mention the thousands of miles of roads and footpaths created to accomodate the trade/subjection of inferior beings with a higher culture.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

And yet that DOESN'T make it Atlantis. You are effectively trying to force a connection of Tartessian Culture with Plato's Atlantis which is otherwise NOT in evidence. 

cormac

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

the earliest evidence of copper smelting, circa 5500 BC.

Some of the stones 'hunters and gatherers' stacked up at GT weighed 10 tons.

Even today with modern equipment it isn't easy to move and place 10 ton stones.

It's too bad there's so much history that's been lost (or manipulated for an untrue purpose).

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Can you "read" a piece of chert and knap it into a perfect knife or axe???? 

It took some heavy thinking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nope, but I had a brain fart. It was Vinca.

Friggin American Christian religious dreck gets me so damn mad. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinča_culture#Geography_and_demographics

I know, I figured you'd catch it. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

manipulated for an untrue purpose

Prove it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's too bad there's so much history that's been lost (or manipulated for an untrue purpose).

There's no doubt that it wasn't easy then either, but hard work and determination makes many things possible. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

How would you know as you get many things of a scientific or archaeological nature wrong?

cormac

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

There's no doubt that it wasn't easy then either, but hard work and determination makes many things possible. 

cormac

I'm sick of that friggin "manipulated history" bucket of horse**** too. Every time I was on a Adena or Hopewell dig I had to listen to that crap from some clueless moron. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I'm sick of that friggin "manipulated history" bucket of horse**** too. Every time I was on a Adena or Hopewell dig I had to listen to that crap from some clueless moron. 

Calm down Piney. You know it'll happen again. Ignorance breeds like rabbits. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Calm down Piney. You know it'll happen again. Ignorance breeds like rabbits. 

cormac

That Urantia piece of trash made the most ignorant, untrue, racist statements about NAs. It p***es me off. 

Morons rewriting MY history. 

• Like 2

Just now, Piney said:

Prove it.

When you post things sometimes Piney, you prove it. 

Truth can be "read" by several means.

Today there's a new paradigm of being able to "read" the truth about things by more and more people. This ability will continue to grow in people and it can't be stopped. 

Most people that are experiencing this growth keep it to themselves and just sit back and watch the spectacle unfold.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The structures yet to be excavated are probably much older.

Well, that’s the beauty of fictional edifices: they can be whatever age you need them to be. 

—Jaylemurph  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

That Urantia piece of trash made the most ignorant, untrue, racist statements about NAs. It p***es me off. 

Morons rewriting MY history. 

I completely understand. I may be far more distantly related to NA than you but I tend to take exception to the UB and its like as well. Another thing that ticks me off is that the Tartessian Culture is being bastardized in order to promote an otherwise non-existant connection between it and Plato's Atlantis. The Tartessian people should be turning in their graves. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

But the current academically accepted theories don't allow that primitive people 12kya had any time for building something like GT do they not?

• Confused 1

Most people that are experiencing this growth keep it to themselves and just sit back and watch the spectacle unfold.

Are they all as smug about it as you are? 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Today there's a new paradigm of being able to "read" the truth about things by more and more people. This ability will continue to grow in people and it can't be stopped. 

Being able to BS people into believing they know what they are talking about, yeah, we know. It's embarrassing. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Prove I'm a member of something called "Red Race". Prove the Blackfeet were in the Pacific Northwest. Prove that I'm genetically separate from a Northern Asians. Prove there was a volcano in Kentucky. 

There is only truth and lies and that book is full of lies. Your argument is nonsense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Will Due said:

But the current academically accepted theories don't allow that primitive people 12kya had any time for building something like GT do they not?

WRONG, the current academically accepted theories were revised with the discovery of GT and other sites like it. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked