Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

Polar

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Bumbaclot ya still haven't kissed m ass so lets mix it up:lol:

jmccr8

Sorry. At the moment you're very busy bending all the way round all puckered up kissing your own ass goodbye. :tu:

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Sorry. At the moment your very busy bending all the way round all puckered up kissing your own ass goodbye. :tu:

:lol:

Will you know that I am not your enemy. What do you have to make absolute judgments about what the UB says/

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

:lol:

Will you know that I am not your enemy. What do you have to make absolute judgments about what the UB says/

Why do you have to make absolute judgements about what the UB says?

Because what the UB says is that the way one lives their life is what becomes humanly absolute throughout all eternity.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Because what the UB says is that the way one lives their life is what becomes humanly absolute throughout all eternity.

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

h

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Hi Will

Likely because I have no reason to believe,  so what is your point?

jmccr8

26 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

what is your point?

My point is that what the UB says, is not anyone's enemy.

• Sad 1

Too much is being made of symbols, as some here are seeing and looking at "behind" the bushy details to get at the target, something circular.

As a friendly reminder, those 5 circles of land and water, as Plato depicted them, are to symbolize a very unmistakable, centralized, landmark of North America, the Great Lakes. 

The Great Lakes were inaccessible to ocean vessels entry, and exit, prior to building canals and locks, and which after the constructions allowed inland ports on the lakes to establish direct shipping commerce with the rest of the other continents, in sailing across the Atlantic.

Plato's Critias.

And Poseidon, receiving for his lot the
island of Atlantis, begat children by a mortal woman, and settled them in a part
of the island
, which I will describe. Looking towards the sea, but in the centre
of the whole island,
there was a plain which is said to have been the fairest of
all plains and very fertile. Near the plain again, and also in the centre of the
island at a distance of about fifty stadia, there was a mountain not very high
on any side. In this mountain there dwelt one of the earth-born primeval men
of that country, whose name was Evenor, and he had a wife named Leucippe,
and they had an only daughter who was called Cleito. The maiden had already
reached womanhood, when her father and mother died; Poseidon fell in love
with her and had intercourse with her, and breaking the ground, enclosed the
hill in which she dwelt all round, making alternate zones of sea and land larger
and smaller, encircling one another; there were two of land and three of water,

which he turned as with a lathe, each having its circumference equidistant
every way from the centre, so that no man could get to the island, for ships
and voyages were not as yet.......

And beginning from the sea
they bored a canal
of three hundred feet in width and one hundred feet in depth
and fifty stadia in length, which they carried through to the outermost zone,
making a passage from the sea up to this, which became a harbour, and leaving
an opening sufficient to enable the largest vessels to find ingress. Moreover,
they divided at the bridges the zones of land which parted the zones of sea,
leaving room for a single trireme to pass out of one zone into another, and they
covered over the channels so as to leave a way underneath for the ships; for the
banks were raised considerably above the water.........

Leaving the palace and passing out across the three harbours, you came to
a wall which began at the sea and went all round: this was everywhere distant
fifty stadia from the largest zone or harbour, and enclosed the whole, the ends
meeting at the mouth of the channel which led to the sea. The entire area
was densely crowded with habitations; and the canal and the largest of the
harbours were full of vessels and merchants coming from all parts, who, from
their numbers, kept up a multitudinous sound of human voices, and din and
clatter of all sorts night and day....... 

Map-of-the-St-Lawrence-Seaway-and-Great-Lakes-St-Lawrence-Seaway-System-Source.png

seaway.jpg

target.jpg

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Will Due said:

My point is that what the UB says, is not anyone's enemy.

Your little religious book tries to overwrite many people’s actual culture and history with the worst sort of ignorant, New Age dreck. 

Presumably, not being any one of those ethnic groups, you’re okay with that. That makes you a participant in something pretty ethically ****ty and your attempts to proselytize people into that shittiness more repugnant. 

However lightheartedly you want to play it, there are still major problems with what you’re doing, and I’d hate for you to think there’s just no problem with you sharing your beliefs. You can’t just ignore the consequences of your belief system because it’s inconvenient. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Your little religious book tries to overwrite many people’s actual culture and history with the worst sort of ignorant, New Age dreck. 

Presumably, not being any one of those ethnic groups, you’re okay with that. That makes you a participant in something pretty ethically ****ty and your attempts to proselytize people into that shittiness more repugnant. 

However lightheartedly you want to play it, there are still major problems with what you’re doing, and I’d hate for you to think there’s just no problem with you sharing your beliefs. You can’t just ignore the consequences of your belief system because it’s inconvenient. 

—Jaylemurph 

I'm a person of mixed ancestory. My father was born in Jakarta Indonesia and his skin like mine is very colorful. 

By the way, speaking of ethnic groups, the Urantia Book elevates all people, short or tall, dumb or smart, privileged or challenged, as equal before God.

Even people who find it hard to resist wearing electric pants. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I’m a person of mixed ancestory. My father was born in Jakarta Indonesia and his skin like mine is very colorful. 

By the way, speaking of ethnic groups, the Urantia Book elevates all people, short or tall, dumb or smart, privileged or challenged, as equal before God.

So you’re one of those ethnic groups getting rewritten and you’re okay with that?

I... I don’t even know where to go or what to do with that, that’s so messed up. I guess pity is all I have left.

—Jaylemurph 

18 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

So you’re one of those ethnic groups getting rewritten and you’re okay with that?

I... I don’t even know where to go or what to do with that, that’s so messed up. I guess pity is all I have left.

—Jaylemurph 

Have you even read the Urantia Book?

Have a go at it. You'll be surprised to see how tolerant it is of preconceptions based on misinformation.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I'm a person of mixed ancestory. My father was born in Jakarta Indonesia and his skin like mine is very colorful. 

Will, do you really believe these 3 or 4 "dudes" you are arguing with really care anything about equality? Whether in the eyes of God or in man's eyes, these just want to feel superior to others, and they go out of their way to prove it to you. Don't tell me you haven't noticed their snobbish ways in all these years you been here?  All they do is brag about how much more they are than others, in many things. They take pride in believing they stand higher than the Creator they do not know. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

Will, do you really believe these 3 or 4 "dudes" you are arguing with really care anything about equality? Whether in the eyes of God or in man's eyes, these just want to feel superior to others, and they go out of their way to prove it to you. Don't tell me you haven't noticed their snobbish ways in all these years you been here?  All they do is brag about how much more they are than others, in many things. They take pride in believing they stand higher than the Creator they do not know. 

Oh believe me I've noticed. 

They're conceit and devotion to intolerance is breathtaking. A spectacle of immense proportions. A modern day display of relentless tyranny.

Like you, I'm not afraid of these ruthless bullies. All dressed up in their transparent pants. Transparent to all but themselves.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

They're conceit and devotion to intolerance is breathtaking. A spectacle of immense proportions. A modern day display of relentless tyranny.

Like you, I'm not afraid of these ruthless bullies. All dressed up in their transparent pants. Transparent to all but themselves.

Self-projecting again, eh? 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

Have a go at it. You'll be surprised to see how tolerant it is of preconceptions based on misinformation.

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-64-evolutionary-races-color

64:1.7 (719.2) The groups going west became less contaminated with the backward stocks of mutual ancestral origin than those going east, who mingled so freely with their retarded animal cousins.

So you find this appropriate as a Asian? I certainly don't. 

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Self projecting again? 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

So you find this appropriate as a Asian? I certainly don't. 

Maybe that's because you're so intolerant to truth.

Which is why you so vehemently distort and premeditatedly misrepresent it all the time.

And it's very easy to see.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Still nothing??? Come on now...

Lol. Thank you. You're something. 

33 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Maybe that's because you're so intolerant to truth.

Nothing in that entire chapter is correct. It's all a complete lie written by somebody who never studied anthropology.or archaeology. 

Your the one who's intolerant of the truth.  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Which is why you so vehemently distort and premeditatedly misrepresent it all the time.

64:6.4 (723.3) In later times they had serious and prolonged trouble with their yellow brethren in Asia. They were aided by their early invention of the bow and arrow, but they had unfortunately inherited much of the tendency of their ancestors to fight among themselves, and this so weakened them that the yellow tribes were able to drive them off the Asiatic continent.

4:6.5 (723.4) About eighty-five thousand years ago the comparatively pure remnants of the red race went en masse across to North America, and shortly thereafter the Bering land isthmus sank, thus isolating them. No red man ever returned to Asia. But throughout Siberia, China, central Asia, India, and Europe they left behind much of their stock blended with the other colored races.

SHOW ME THE PROOF THAT THIS IS TRUE........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Maybe that's because you're so intolerant to - - - - - - - - - - - -. 

The word you’re looking for isn’t “truth” it’s “bullscheisse” and yes most of us ARE intolerant of that. That you aren’t shows how pathetic you are. 

cormac

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Sometimes I'm amazed at the views some people have.

Its nearly allways the people who claim to believe in a good and mercyfull god, who also happens to think that equality is a dirty word. Go figure. :no:

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Sometimes I'm amazed at the views some people have.

Its nearly allways the people who claim to believe in a good and mercyfull god, who also happens to think that equality is a dirty word. Go figure. :no:

Pay attention now. 

It's the intolerant "educated" scholars of the world who go around insinuating they're more than equal than you.

Go figure. :yes:

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Pay attention now. 

It's the intolerant "educated" scholars of the world who go around insinuating they're more than equal than you.

Go figure. :yes:

Prove everything in the UB that has been called into question. Show genetic studies, anthropology papers, dig reports. 

Prove it. :yes:

64:6.14 (724.4) 3. The yellow man. The primitive yellow tribes were the first to abandon the chase, establish settled communities, and develop a home life based on agriculture. Intellectually they were somewhat inferior to the red man,

Hey look! Your own book says your intellectually inferior to me! :o

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-64-evolutionary-races-color

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked