Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

Polar

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Only if you're one of those globalist lie swillers. The truth seeker knows the Earth is in the shape of the Holy squashed mango.

What have I told you about telling the Big Secret to people who aren't Illuminati members ? 

Not that I know anything about the Illuminati, if it existed, which it doesnt. :ph34r:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

It's obvious again that you understand very little of what you are presenting, believing it to aid and corroborate a fictional Atlantis. Actually you are dropping a big stone on your own foot, because if you read it with understanding, and take not only that part you quoted, but the whole as well, it is actually corroborating an assertion of reality for the story of Atlantis. 

You should really stop claiming to understand what Plato wrote, and stop telling other that they are the ones who do not understand.

You should extricate your cranium from your posterior sphincter muscle and pay attention to what Plato DOES say in the only two works dealing with Atlantis, Critias and Timaeus.

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

You are asking me about the Greek language, and yet you seem not to know the language which you are using to pose questions.

I haven't asked you a thing. Just pointed out that you are more delirious than the poster you called delirious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Crit.

. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared . For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.

12 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Soil liquefaction isn’t going to destroy an entire island the size Plato says Atlantis was. 

cormac

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Soil liquefaction isn’t going to destroy an entire island the size Plato says Atlantis was. 

cormac

For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.

And you still ignore the size of Atlantis. 

cormac

There has NEVER been an island 3000 X 2000 stadia with a 10,000 stadia ditch surrounding it that was destroyed by a submarine landslide.

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

There has NEVER been an island 3000 X 2000 stadia with a 10,000 stadia ditch surrounding it that was destroyed by a submarine landslide.

cormac

It could have been a submarine landslide and a Soil liquefaction.

Crit.

. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared . For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island

Edited by docyabut2

cormac, it does say the island of  Atlantis was surrounding by mountains leading to the sea

it could have been the landslides that cause a  Soil liquefaction .

Now this has the form of a myth, but really signifies a declination of the bodies moving in the heavens around the earth, and a great conflagration of things upon the earth, which recurs after long intervals; at such times those who live upon the mountains and in dry and lofty places are more liable to destruction than those who dwell by rivers or on the seashore. And from this calamity the Nile, who is our never-failing saviour, delivers and preserves us. When, on the other hand, the gods purge the earth with a deluge of water, the survivors in your country are herdsmen and shepherds who dwell on the mountains, but those who, like you, live in cities are carried by the rivers into the sea. Whereas in this land, neither then nor at any other time, does the water come down from above on the fields, having always a tendency to come up from below; for which reason the traditions preserved here are the most ancient.

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

like the priest said

Whereas in this land, neither then nor at any other time, does the water come down from above on the fields, having always a tendency to come up from below;

22 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

cormac, it does say the island of  Atlantis was surrounding by mountains leading to the sea

it could have been the landslides that cause a  Soil liquefaction .

Get real, it also claims Atlantis was about 57% the size of the Iberian Peninsula. No earthquake or submarine landslide has ever destroyed a landmass that size within human history. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Trelane said:

So it wasn't in a river delta? Fascinating.

dd4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Apparently, Mario’s ditched his own thread. Again. 

Did I miss round 87 of his foot-stamping leave-taking?

—Jaylemurph 

Nope, hasn't been seen in nearly 2 weeks. 

cormac

6 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I haven't asked you a thing. Just pointed out that you are more delirious than the poster you called delirious.

Just as I had thought, you are not very perceptive and you did not disappoint me. And neither are those cheering fans of yours. Why? Because I was giving you a perfect example on a condition that proves how a person can be said to be delirious.

Of course one can, through distraction, or a lapse of memory, have mistaken one poster for another, and not necessarily be a sickness causing the delirium. 

And on top, by not getting it, and also stating that I'm more delirious than another person, you have only proved that you were wrong in the first place, by telling me that one cannot address a person as delirious. Recall that I also specified "delirious ideas" the person was harboring, but regardless, the point is that you are wrong.

The word delirium comes from the Latin delirare . In its Latin form, the word means to become crazy or to rave. A phrase often used to describe delirium is "clouding of consciousness," meaning the person has a diminished awareness of their surroundings. While the delirium is active, the person tends to fade into and out of lucidity, meaning that he or she will sometimes appear to know what's going on, and at other times, may show disorientation to time, place, person, or situation. It appears that the longer the delirium goes untreated, the more progressive the disorientation becomes.

A delirious patient will have a difficult time with most mental operations.

Substitute the term, patient, with piney, and we have this. A delirious piney has a difficult time accepting that he is full of nonsense, or in other words, full of a 4-letter word. He raves about all that he thinks he knows.

Therefore your admonishment of " You cant call anyone delirious!" is proven completely inappropriate. And you have proven to be more full of it than the delirious piney.

You have not contributed anything tangible to this thread, other than idiotic and baseless nonsense. if you want to contribute, then go and educate yourself, like the other clowns around here. As then you can, perhaps, successfully perform in the circus act with some success, in front of knowledgeable audience.

And you asked for this!

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

You should extricate your cranium from your posterior sphincter muscle and pay attention to what Plato DOES say in the only two works dealing with Atlantis, Critias and Timaeus.

cormac

Instead of wasting your time perusing medical dictionaries, why don't you read Plato, and show us where's the logic of the allegory, for one?

Derailing threads and getting them closed is the business of the day whenever you "academics" are at a loss, it seems. What a spectacle!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Here again you keep showing your ignorance of the details Plato gave of Atlantis. Clearly the 3000X2000 plain and the surrounding "ditch" is just a part of Atlas' territory. And the entire "island" also contains very large territories belonging to the other "brothers". If you are going to argue with others on Atlantis, and persisting in sticking with what Plato wrote, then you better read and waste your time on what Plato wrote, as you are making an ass of yourself.

Plato's Critias.

He also begat and brought up five pairs of twin male children; and dividing the island
of Atlantis into ten portions,
he gave to the first-born of the eldest pair his
mother’s dwelling and the surrounding allotment, which was the largest and
best
, and made him king over the rest; the others he made princes, and gave
them rule over many men, and a large territory.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

dd4.png

Don't do it, as it's unlawful. But I bet it's not even loaded, and it's just another of your empty threats.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Don't do it, as it's unlawful. But I bet it's not even loaded, and it's just another of your empty threats.

Pot Kettle award again . Your the one making empty threats with your made up prophecy. 

I don't make threats. 

and it's lot unlawful for Asians. Only Christians. :yes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Get real, it also claims Atlantis was about 57% the size of the Iberian Peninsula. No earthquake or submarine landslide has ever destroyed a landmass that size within human history. 

cormac

The biggest problem with Atlantis is the numbers. Translation is definitely a problem here more than proof or no proof of anything.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked