Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Polar

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

1,142 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Will Due
1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

Well, that’s the beauty of fictional edifices:

 

Are the radar images of more underground yet to be excavated edifices at GT fictional?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But the current academically accepted theories don't allow that primitive people 12kya had any time for building something like GT do they not?

Yes they do! This is nonsense.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

WRONG, the current academically accepted theories were revised with the discovery of GT and other sites like it. 

cormac

 

Then the only question is why all this vehement defense of scientific theories that are destined to be revised (when proved wrong) by so-called academics in forums like this one?

 

 

Edited by Will Due
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
Just now, Will Due said:

Then the only question is why all this vehement defense of scientific theories that are destined to be revised when proved wrong by so-called academics in forums like this one?

Not all scientific theories are destined to be revised, but of those that ARE revised YOU can't even be bothered to know what you are talking about in stating them. THAT'S THE PROBLEM, currently. 

cormac

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

But the current academically accepted theories don't allow that primitive people 12kya had any time for building something like GT do they not?

 

 

Hi Will

 Then maybe you could show a correlation from what happened when Eden sunk 36kbp and a structure that is known to date to 12kbp which leave 24,000 yrs unaccounted for.

jmcrc8

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Not all scientific theories are destined to be revised, but of those that ARE revised YOU can't even be bothered to know what you are talking about in stating them. THAT'S THE PROBLEM, currently. 

cormac

 

Look, the overwhelming situation is that academia supports theories that claim man was too primitive to build something like GT 12kya.

Yes they're in the middle of revising these theories because the evidence forces it.

But what else will.need to be revised when new evidence is uncovered? 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

 Then maybe you could show a correlation from what happened when Eden sunk 36kbp and a structure that is known to date to 12kbp which leave 24,000 yrs unaccounted for.

 

Doing some reading are we? :yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
38 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And yet that DOESN'T make it Atlantis. You are effectively trying to force a connection of Tartessian Culture with Plato's Atlantis which is otherwise NOT in evidence. 

cormac

it is a connection:)

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Will Due said:

Look, the overwhelming situation is that academia supports theories that claim man was too primitive to build something like GT 12kya.

References? Links? Papers?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 minute ago, Piney said:

Doing some reading are we? :yes:

Hi Piney

When Will first brought the UB in I did spend some time familiarizing myself with the material so that I was not arguing from ignorance.:lol:

jmccr8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Look, the overwhelming situation is that academia supports theories that claim man was too primitive to build something like GT 12kya.

Yes they're in the middle of revising these theories because the evidence forces it.

But what else will.need to be revised when new evidence is uncovered? 

No, it DOES NOT. It DID, but not anymore. There is a difference and lying about it won't make your claim any more true. 

Evidence ALWAYS forces a revision, of one sort or other. Your point? 

Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. 

cormac

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

To Tartessian Culture, yes. To Atlantis, NO. 

cormac

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
24 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Are the radar images of more underground yet to be excavated edifices at GT fictional?

 

 

Whether such images exist or not, I sincerely doubt you, personally, have the knowledge and experience to correctly assess them. 

—Jaylemurph  

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

 Then maybe you could show a correlation from what happened when Eden sunk 36kbp and a structure that is known to date to 12kbp which leave 24,000 yrs unaccounted for.

jmcrc8

 

Why not read it for yourself.

 

The Adamsonites maintained a high culture for almost seven thousand years from the times of Adamson and Ratta. Later on they became admixed with the neighboring Nodites and Andonites and were also included among the “mighty men of old.” And some of the advances of that age persisted to become a latent part of the cultural potential which later blossomed into European civilization.

77:5.10

This center of civilization was situated in the region east of the southern end of the Caspian Sea, near the Kopet Dagh. A short way up in the foothills of Turkestan are the vestiges of what was onetime the Adamsonite headquarters of the violet race. In these highland sites, situated in a narrow and ancient fertile belt lying in the lower foothills of the Kopet range, there successively arose at various periods four diverse cultures respectively fostered by four different groups of Adamson’s descendants. It was the second of these groups which migrated westward to Greece and the islands of the Mediterranean.

Source

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

No, it isn't. This happened during the Eocene.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, jaylemurph said:

Whether such images exist or not, I sincerely doubt you, personally, have the knowledge and experience to correctly assess them. 

—Jaylemurph  

They don't show anything other than a cultic complex. I don't feel like reducing them and posting them here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
Just now, Will Due said:

 

Why not read it for yourself.

 

The Adamsonites maintained a high culture for almost seven thousand years from the times of Adamson and Ratta. Later on they became admixed with the neighboring Nodites and Andonites and were also included among the “mighty men of old.” And some of the advances of that age persisted to become a latent part of the cultural potential which later blossomed into European civilization.

77:5.10

This center of civilization was situated in the region east of the southern end of the Caspian Sea, near the Kopet Dagh. A short way up in the foothills of Turkestan are the vestiges of what was onetime the Adamsonite headquarters of the violet race. In these highland sites, situated in a narrow and ancient fertile belt lying in the lower foothills of the Kopet range, there successively arose at various periods four diverse cultures respectively fostered by four different groups of Adamson’s descendants. It was the second of these groups which migrated westward to Greece and the islands of the Mediterranean.

Source

 

 

Is this actual content from the UB? If so, it’s even more dreadful than I imagined. “Adamsonites,” indeed. It’s even a more hamfisted attempt at Elizabethan English than the Book of Mormon. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Why not read it for yourself.

 

The Adamsonites maintained a high culture for almost seven thousand years from the times of Adamson and Ratta. Later on they became admixed with the neighboring Nodites and Andonites and were also included among the “mighty men of old.” And some of the advances of that age persisted to become a latent part of the cultural potential which later blossomed into European civilization.

77:5.10

This center of civilization was situated in the region east of the southern end of the Caspian Sea, near the Kopet Dagh. A short way up in the foothills of Turkestan are the vestiges of what was onetime the Adamsonite headquarters of the violet race. In these highland sites, situated in a narrow and ancient fertile belt lying in the lower foothills of the Kopet range, there successively arose at various periods four diverse cultures respectively fostered by four different groups of Adamson’s descendants. It was the second of these groups which migrated westward to Greece and the islands of the Mediterranean.

Source

 

 

Hi Will

As luck would have it I did read a large part of the UB and came to the conclusion that there are some that will believe anything just because it offers a greater appeal to the reader. Unfortunately I could not step out of what is known to accept this fallacy.

jmccr8

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Why not read it for yourself.

77:5.10

This center of civilization was situated in the region east of the southern end of the Caspian Sea, near the Kopet Dagh. A short way up in the foothills of Turkestan are the vestiges of what was onetime the Adamsonite headquarters of the violet race. In these highland sites, situated in a narrow and ancient fertile belt lying in the lower foothills of the Kopet range, there successively arose at various periods four diverse cultures respectively fostered by four different groups of Adamson’s descendants. It was the second of these groups which migrated westward to Greece and the islands of the Mediterranean.

Source

Why not quote it all?

Quote

This center of civilization was situated in the region east of the southern end of the Caspian Sea, near the Kopet Dagh. A short way up in the foothills of Turkestan are the vestiges of what was onetime the Adamsonite headquarters of the violet race. In these highland sites, situated in a narrow and ancient fertile belt lying in the lower foothills of the Kopet range, there successively arose at various periods four diverse cultures respectively fostered by four different groups of Adamson’s descendants. It was the second of these groups which migrated westward to Greece and the islands of the Mediterranean. The residue of Adamson’s descendants migrated north and west to enter Europe with the blended stock of the last Andite wave coming out of Mesopotamia, and they were also numbered among the Andite-Aryan invaders of India.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
10 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, it isn't. This happened during the Eocene.

oh gee nothing to do with the weather, but what asteroid  hit our planet :)

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, docyabut2 said:

oh gee nothing to do with the  weather

It happened about 34 MILLION years ago.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Why not quote it all?

Every time I read something mentioning "Aryan Invasion/Invaders" I want to pick up a 2 X 4 and smack some sense into the idiot who wrote it. 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

It happened about 34 MILLION years ago.  

no what happened to our planet 2,300 years ago to our planet

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27827830/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/did-asteroid-cause-ancient-ny-tsunami/#.WP2Gtek2wzs

that happen in Tartessos

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Is this actual content from the UB? If so, it’s even more dreadful than I imagined. “Adamsonites,” indeed. It’s even a more hamfisted attempt at Elizabethan English than the Book of Mormon. 

—Jaylemurph 

 

The Urantia Book says that the universe is inhabited by many different orders of beings all created by God.

Our world is relatively young it says and our history is long and diverse and is outlined in it.

The legend of Atlantis is rooted in real events that occurred in antiquity and the facts of what happened will eventually become known as more and more evidence is uncovered.

The UB provides a snapshot of all of this and more.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.