Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Polar

Plato´s Atlantis was in a River Delta

1,142 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

cormac mac airt
5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

When it comes to my children and the UB, everything in its right time.

When it comes to Piney quoting the UB, the relevance of it gets presented to everyone who's able to see.

Thank you very much.

Somebody has to point out the racist text that YOU continue to promote as "the truth". If it's the truth then your promotion of same makes you a "true racist". Congratulations on being an embarrassment to anyone who listens to you.

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Somebody has to point out the racist text that YOU continue to promote as "the truth". If it's the truth then your promotion of same makes you a "true racist". Congratulations on being an embarrassment to anyone who listens to you.

cormac

 

Don't you understand? Claiming that the text of the UB is racist only reveals your lack of comprehension abilities. 

Does the truth scare you?

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I guess you're not smart enough to realize that your (in effect) promotion of the UB is making it clearer and clearer that the UB is anything but racist while your need to continue with this futility only reveals your intolerance for truth more and more.

Keep it up.

I feel sorry for your children, no one deserves a racist parent. They have my condolences.

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
Just now, Will Due said:

Don't you understand? Claiming that the text of the UB is racist only reveals your lack of comprehension abilities

Does the truth scare you?

Nope it reveals that you aren't even smart enough to understand racism when you read about it. I pity you. 

Being lied to, even by the likes of you, is intolerable. 

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Just now, cormac mac airt said:

I feel sorry for your children,

 

You shouldn't. I make sure they're aware of the intolerant bigotry aimed at making their lives miserable by the likes of those like you who with premeditation, twist and turn the truth into "the shadow of a hair's turning" for all to see.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
Just now, Will Due said:

You shouldn't. I make sure they're aware of the intolerant bigotry aimed at making their lives miserable by the likes of those like you who with premeditation, twist and turn the truth into "the shadow of a hair's turning" for all to see.

In other words you've "effed up" continuously, twisting things into BS to make yourself look good. Thanks, now I feel even worse for them. 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

The truths revealed in the Urantia Book are like a rumbling volcano on the verge of spewing forth with great power. Your attempts to stop it from happening are a complete waist of time.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

The truths revealed in the Urantia Book are like a rumbling volcano on the verge of spewing forth with great power. Your attempts to stop it from happening are a complete waist of time.

 

 

Dude. 

Even where you live, there are rent bois who do outcalls who can help with your rather obvious bi-curiosity. 

You should tip well, though, closet cases get weird.

—Jaylemurph

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

The Urantia Book is the writing on the wall that's going to end the confusion about God, our place in the universe and many more things. Like what really happened on our world long ago to spawn something as interesting as the legend of Atlantis. 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Dude. 

Even where you live, there are rent bois who do outcalls who can help with your rather obvious bi-curiosity. 

You should tip well, though, closet cases get weird.

—Jaylemurph

 

Son, you shouldn't wear your electric pants to bed all the time. Don't you know you have other things to wear for bed in your closet? 

You should go now.

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Son, you shouldn't wear your electric pants to bed all the time. Don't you know you have other things to wear for bed in your closet? 

You should go now.

 

 

I’m not the one in the closet.

Or the one looking to impress people with his “spewing volcano.”

Mr. Dr. le Murph finds such displays tacky, and I try to keep him at least moderately happy. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Just now, jaylemurph said:

I’m not the one in the closet.

Or the one looking to impress people with his “spewing volcano.”

Mr. Dr. le Murph finds such displays tacky, and I try to keep him at least moderately happy. 

—Jaylemurph 

 

Here you go again with the I'm gay and you're not thing. What do you want son, a metal pinned to your chest for acheivement? Go away with your "thing". Nobody cares.

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
2 hours ago, Will Due said:

 

Let me guess.

Your girlfriend said no one night and then broke it off with you so you thought you would have your revenge.

Is that about right?

 

 

LOL gosh what a terrible Christian you are - so filled with hate. Nope she was a smart girl who went thru a new age period. I'll send your comment to her I'm sure she'll get a giggle out of it. She was former Roman Catholic and now Atheist married one of my old army buddies.....when you read UB were you so scientific ignorant you didn't note how off it was? I guess not.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

what a terrible Christian you are

 

I guess when you read 3/4 of the Urantia Book, you did it with your eyes on something other than the words of the text lol.

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk

As the fire rages on, this thread digresses into the depths of the circles of an earthly hell; accusers becoming the accused, and the accursed beings, ignorant as they are, willfully transgressing into the abyss, where one lives on one's own excrement.

Back on the topic of Atlantis must we go.

Of those that consider and voice opinions on the circles of Atlantis, has anyone ever considered the circles of hell depicted by one of the greatest eye witness of that other world? Looking into Dante's epic account of what he observed in Inferno, a careful and discerning eye can see a little of Plato's Atlantis in the characters and scenery described by our reliable and very descriptive eyewitness travels into the world of shadows, the cavernous circular pit, a world much like Plato's cave full of shadows and chained souls.

After all there is good reason to consider Plato's Republic's ending, which is the springboard for getting to the story of Atlantis, where the Timaeus is the natural follower of the Republic. The Republic ends with the "myth" of Er, which is the story on a Near Death Experience, the eyewitness account of that other world. And Timaeus begins with the story of Atlantis.

From Plato's Republic

.....And on the twelfth day, as Er was lying on the funeral pile, he returned to life and told
them what he had seen in the other world. He said that when his soul left
the body he went on a journey with a great company, and that they came to
a mysterious place at which there were two openings in the earth; they were
near together, and over against them were two other openings in the heaven
above. In the intermediate space there were judges seated, who commanded
the just, after they had given judgment on them and had bound their sentences
in front of them, to ascend by the heavenly way on the right hand; and in
like manner the unjust were bidden by them to descend by the lower way on
the left hand; these also bore the symbols of their deeds, but fastened on their
backs. He drew near, and they told him that he was to be the messenger who
would carry the report of the other world to men, and they bade him hear and
see all that was to be heard and seen in that place.

From the Divine Comedy of Dante.

THUS I descended out of the first circle

Down to the second, that less space begirds,

And so much greater dole, that goads to wailing.

There standeth Minos horribly, and snarls;

Examines the transgressions at the entrance;

Judges, and sends according as he girds him.

 

I say, that when the spirit evil-born

Cometh before him, wholly it confesses;

And this discriminator of transgressions

Seeth what place in Hell is meet for it;

Girds himself with his tail as many times

As grades he wishes it should be thrust down.

 

Always before him many of them stand;

They go by turns each one unto the judgment;

They speak, and hear, and then are downward hurled.

O thou, that to this dolorous hostelry

Comest,” said Minos to me, when he saw me,

Leaving the practice of so great an office,

 

Look how thou enterest, and in whom thou trustest;

Let not the portal’s amplitude deceive thee.”

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

I guess when you read 3/4 of the Urantia Book, you did it with your eyes on something other than the words of the text lol.

 

 

I remember it for the scientific crap it was if that what you mean. Your defense of it and your actions here clearly point to you're either being a troll or yet another hate filled religious person deeply disturbed that others don't share your delusion and you must express you hate towards them. What Jesus would say to the likes of you! lol

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

What Jesus would say to the likes of you!

If I were to guess what Jesus would say is in a song. Epithet.....yours, and those like you, who really think they confidently know reality.

The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams,
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams
Confusion will be my epitaph
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it we can all sit back
And laugh
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying,
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Between the iron gates of fate,
The seeds of time were sown,
And watered by the deeds of those
Who know and who are known;
Knowledge is a deadly friend
If no one sets the rules
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools

.

 

crimson.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
9 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

If I were to guess what Jesus would say is in a song. Epithet.....yours, and those like you, who really think they confidently know reality.

The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams,
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams
Confusion will be my epitaph
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it we can all sit back
And laugh
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying,
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Between the iron gates of fate,
The seeds of time were sown,
And watered by the deeds of those
Who know and who are known;
Knowledge is a deadly friend
If no one sets the rules
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools

.

 

crimson.jpg

Jesus I believe would whip and curse you with eternal damnation - you really should read what he said. You ain't following his creed dude.

The UB states: To "follow Jesus" means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master's life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose. Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.

 

I see that Pettytalk thinks the idea of following Jesus and the words of UB are 'confused' - how odd!I wonder if his 'adjuster' fled in horror from his corrupt mind? LOL

 

 

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
24 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I remember it for the scientific

 

The UB doesn't have any science in it. It's not a book about science. It's a misconception that there's science in the UB. 

But it is a book that contains history,  as well as current events. Current events to circa 1934 which was when the text was indicted.

The current events the book references have to do with a major development that has recently occured in our local area of the universe. Mainly that the time has come for a reckoning and all that was deliberately confused, will be put back to its proper place. And it can't be stopped. Not even with book burnings lol.

Good times!

 

 

Edited by Will Due
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Jesus I believe would whip and curse you with eternal damnation - you really should read what he said. You ain't following his creed dude.

If you are going to proselytize in Jesus' name and what he would say and do, don't be an hypocrite, as usual, and don't accuse others of doing it, and also state it's against the rules. But let be rebuttal in kind this time, and then be done with it. Get us back on topic, as it's getting near the end, anyway.

Matthew 24

And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. 32Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its branches become tender and sprout leaves, you know that summer is near. 33So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door.…

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

The UB doesn't have any science in it. It's not a book about science. It's a misconception that there's science in the UB. 

But it is a book that contains history,  as well as current events. Current events to circa 1934 which was when the text was indicted.

The current events the book references have to do with a major development that has recently occured in our local area of the universe. Mainly that the time has come for a reckoning and all that was deliberately confused will be put back in its proper place. And it can't be stopped. Not even with book burnings lol.

Good times!

 

 

He burned the book because of the bitterness of losing his girlfriend to his army buddy....which speaks a ton!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

The UB doesn't have any science in it. It's not a book about science. It's a misconception that there's science in the UB.

 

Oh I guess you didn't read it then.

From the wikipedia:

That presentation of post-1955 scientific knowledge is avoided is taken to be evidence it was written by humans and not by celestial beings with superior knowledge.

Examples of criticisms regarding the science in The Urantia Book include:

  • The described formation of the solar system is consistent with the Chamberlin-Moulton planetesimal hypothesis,[103] which though popular in the early part of the 20th century, was discarded by the 1940s after major flaws were noted.[104] The currently accepted scientific explanation for the origin of the solar system is based on the nebular hypothesis.[103]
  • According to the book's descriptions, the universe is hundreds of billions of years old and periodically expands and contracts — "respires" — at 2-billion-year intervals. Recent observations suggest that the true age of the universe is approximately 13.7 billion years.[105] The book does not support the Big Bang theory.[106]
  • A fundamental particle called an "ultimaton" is proposed, with an electron being composed of 100 ultimatons. The particle is not known to be described anywhere else and the concept is not supported by modern particle physics.[107]
  • The Andromeda Galaxy is claimed to be "almost one million" light years away, repeating the understandings of the 1920s,[108] but the galaxy is now understood to be 2.5 million light years away.
  • The book repeats the mistaken idea that planets close to a sun will gradually spin slower until one hemisphere is left always turned to the sun due to tidal locking, citing Mercury as an example. Scientists at the time of the book's origin thought one side of Mercury always faced the sun, just as one side of the Moon always faces the Earth. In 1965, radio astronomers discovered however that Mercury rotates fast enough for all sides to see exposure to the sun.[106] Scientists further established that Mercury is locked in this spin rate in a stable resonance of 3 spins for every 2 orbits, and it is not slowing and so will never have one side left always turned to the sun.[109]
  • Some species are said to have evolved suddenly from single mutations without transitional species.[110] The theory originated with Dutch botanist Hugo De Vries but was short-lived and is not now supported.[111]
  • The book erroneously says that a solar eclipse was predicted in 1808 by the Native American prophet Tenskwatawa. The eclipse actually was predicted in late April 1806 and occurred on June 16, 1806.[112] In 2009, Urantia Foundation acknowledged the error and revised the book.[c]
  • Controversial statements about human races can be found in the book. Gardner believes that William S. Sadler, who wrote some eugenicist works, had a hand in editing or writing the book, and that this is how the ideas were included. Piney has been pointing out some of these false statements. They are racist and false.

As I said I guess you didn't read it then. LOL

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

He burned the book because of the bitterness of losing his girlfriend to his army buddy....which speaks a ton!

Oh my we have a fake Christian with us who doesn't know that telling lies to try and hurt others is against the Christian faith....false witness? Do you admit to not being a Christian Pettytalk? LOL

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

From the wikipedia:

 

Oh look, another one with his holy book Wikipedia. Lol.

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
9 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

If you are going to proselytize in Jesus' name and what he would say and do, don't be an hypocrite, as usual, and don't accuse others of doing it, and also state it's against the rules. But let be rebuttal in kind this time, and then be done with it. Get us back on topic, as it's getting near the end, anyway.

 

I can quote the Bible to those who say they follow it but are shown to be false by their actions and words. Jesus I believe WOULD whip and curse you with eternal damnation - you really should read what he said. You ain't following his creed dude.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.