Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mountain Dew apologizes for U.P. mishap

rashore

World renowned pop -- yeah that’s what we call it here in Michigan -- giant Mountain Dew is hoping to make amends with angry Michigan residents after the company mistakenly placed the Upper Peninsula as part of Wisconsin in some recent marketing materials.

In a Twitter exchange Wednesday night, the company told the @UpperPeninsula account that it will create a special edition label dedicated to the U.P. as part of an apology for the mishap.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/07/mountain-dew-apologizes-for-up-mishap-will-create-special-label-for-peninsula.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Any thing to keep their high fructose sugar pumping into their customer's veins.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Back when I was a kid....... Yahoo! Yahoo! Mountain Dew-It'll tickle your innards.

Yahoo Mountain Dew.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Heh, apparently Mt. Dew's response might be give the UP their own bottle cap.. imagine if the UP was not Wisconsin or Michigan.. but it's own Dewland..

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Back when I was a kid....... Yahoo! Yahoo! Mountain Dew-It'll tickle your innards.

Yahoo Mountain Dew.jpg

I remember that.  :lol:

• Like 5

I had to suddenly stop drinking that stuff over 25 years ago. It felt like it was starting to stretch my vocal cords whenever I drank it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

huh, i think they might be the first place to actually apologize for getting it wrong!

at least they still had us on there, i've seen maps that just plain forget that the UP exists.

• Like 2