Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cats movie trailer leaves viewers 'horrified'

Still Waters

The trailer for Cats has landed. And it's gone horribly. Horribly.

Every bit as bad as it could have.

In fact, it's made the first glimpse of the creepy Sonic The Hedgehog, who now has legs and hands and teeth, look like rampant Oscar bait by comparison.

It's been called 'an abomination'. A 'demented dream ballet'. Even the most charitable viewer in the world would concede that it all looks amazingly weird.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/people-are-horrified-by-the-nightmarish-trailer-for-cats-074511859.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just the Broadway glam on screen with more extravagant sets and scenery, I guess the simian look in silhouette didn't help any, its the music numbers that makes the grade in the end, and that's a sure win... 

~

• Like 5

I don't get it....what's wrong with how the movie looks? They look like the costumes they used in the stage show. It's looks a little weird when they show their small size in wide shots, but well...a movie has more budget and more technology to create visuals like that. The alternative would have been to just have them be human sized furries and that would have been kind of underwhelming for a movie, brought up a lot of questions and wouldn't have worked with what the play and poems are about.

They seem to have a lot of good people working on it, the actress playing Grizabella has a strong and beautiful enough voice for "Memories" and it seems like they add a little bit more plot (which in the case of Cats really is a good thing...in the stage show it seems like they "open" their stupid ball five times from what I remember)
I'm looking forward to the movie.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

They seem to have a lot of good people working on it, the actress playing Grizabella has a strong and beautiful enough voice for "Memories" and it seems like they add a little bit more plot (which in the case of Cats really is a good thing...in the stage show it seems like they "open" their stupid ball five times from what I remember)

I liked it. I liked many of the actors involved too. :yes:

I saw it on Broadway and have the soundtrack somewhere. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I liked it. I liked many of the actors involved too. :yes:

Oh, definitely, it's a very  creative show, with a ton of beautiful songs. Just the plot is very light so I won't complain if they add little bit more narrative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That trailer is gorgeous; there's no problem here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

I don't get it....what's wrong with how the movie looks? They look like the costumes they used in the stage show. It's looks a little weird when they show their small size in wide shots, but well...a movie has more budget and more technology to create visuals like that. The alternative would have been to just have them be human sized furries and that would have been kind of underwhelming for a movie, brought up a lot of questions and wouldn't have worked with what the play and poems are about.

I'm looking forward to the movie.

it's because it's weird and creepy. 

37 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

But Cats IS kinda weird and creepy it's grown people dancing around and pretending to be kitty-cats while acting out some sort of esoteric death-divine judgment-rebirth rite.
Not sure what people were expecting a movie version of that to look like :P

Or how exactly this movie looks any "weirder" than those ugly, "edgy" Alice in Wonderland movies by Tim Burton.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2019 at 12:57 PM, Piney said:

This superfan saw it 703 times.

A true Cats fan won’t settle for seeing the show once, twice or even 10 times. Just ask Hector Montalvo, 62, a retired product demonstrator from New York. “I wouldn’t call myself a legend,” he says. “Just a patron who loves the show.” But before Cats ended its first Broadway run in 2000, Montalvo had seen 703 performances.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jul/25/ive-seen-it-703-times-cats-superfans-on-the-shows-magical-appeal-and-the-new-movie

That's pretty insane!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Still Waters said:

That's pretty insane!

I could see it again. I did really enjoy it. :yes:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 2:18 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The cats have boobs. BOOBS.