Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Humans aren’t designed to be happy

242 posts in this topic

Cookie Monster
20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The thing is that this 'emotional' response you perceive coming from me is mute. It has no ground. You say you want to integrate your shadow-self, by being aggressive (a jerk) to those around you. Others like myself have giving you a warning about the actions you are taking or will be taking. I haven't convinced myself of anything, you have convinced me. 

As for 'pulling myself together' I did that months ago. I told you that you're trying to boss me around. You're not. You can't. You have no power over me. 

You pulled yourself together months ago? I`m bossing you around? I have no power over you?

You cannot even hide that something happened to you in the past which is still bubbling around in the back of your mind. You try to repress it but your comments betray you. Its a sore point for you whatever happened and you haven't worked through it yet. Time to do your own shadow integration work! lol.

Let someone have power over you, watch your responses in yourself, and embrace your position of weakness. All people have the capacity to be strong and weak. Dont deny your weak side, embrace it. Then once you are there go out and boss some people around to see what you learn from the experience. All people have the capacity to be nice and a jerk. Dont deny your jerk side, embrace it.

Edited by RabidMongoose

jmccr8
5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thank you for the twilight zone that was funny.

Hi RapidMongoose

Your welcome that was my intention.

14 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You read what I wrote, its quite easy to follow and you arent going to get the information you need from me to convince yourself its something else.

Your reply is caused by your psychological need to invalidate an attack on how you believe reality works.

Actually what you wrote was not clear which is why I asked for clarification, how do people you do not know and have not spoken to push your buttons it is a straight forward question as I don't seem to find that reaction in my life so I am not trying to make it fit into something else.

I really don't think you have attacked how my reality works but I am confused as to how yours does.

Earlier you made these comments

Admit it. You could kill, thieve, mug, lie, cheat, and manipulate. All that needs to happen is for the right set of circumstances to come along. You monster! You absolute monster! I would hate to be stranded on a boat with you in the middle of the pacific for 6 weeks. You would eat me.

Yes I could but choose not to, I grew up in a violent environment in a city with the highest crime rate in the country so yes I am aware of the dark nature of man including myself but that does not mean that I would employ all that I know but have the tools to recognize and respond. I suspect several members here not unlike myself were taught how to kill and be mentally prepared to do so but that does not make me or them murderers although it does show that because we do not kill others that there is something else more powerful as a social group involved and it's not a god concept.

No I wouldn't eat you but I might use parts of you for fish bait.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1

Cookie Monster
2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi RapidMongoose

Your welcome that was my intention.

Actually what you wrote was not clear which is why I asked for clarification, how do people you do not know and have not spoken to push your buttons it is a straight forward question as I don't seem to find that reaction in my life so I am not trying to make it fit into something else.

I really don't think you have attacked how my reality works but I am confused as to how yours does.

Earlier you made these comments

Admit it. You could kill, thieve, mug, lie, cheat, and manipulate. All that needs to happen is for the right set of circumstances to come along. You monster! You absolute monster! I would hate to be stranded on a boat with you in the middle of the pacific for 6 weeks. You would eat me.

Yes I could but choose not to, I grew up in a violent environment in a city with the highest crime rate in the country so yes I am aware of the dark nature of man including myself but that does not mean that I would employ all that I know but have the tools to recognize and respond. I suspect several members here not unlike myself were taught how to kill and be mentally prepared to do so but that does not make me or them murderers although it does show that because we do not kill others that there is something else more powerful as a social group involved and it's not a god concept.

No I wouldn't eat you but I might use parts of you for fish bait.:lol:

jmccr8

We make assumptions about how reality works which we dont test.

In my experiment I switched from being nice to people, to someone who is mean to them. I then waited to see if any affect in life materialised.

My starting position is that the point of life is to reconstruct a state of being one in a religious sense. But all kind of dualities exist within ourselves that need to be re-integrated back together to achieve this. Once such duality is good and evil.

My assertion is that from a religious perspective the point of life is not to be good, but to be both good and evil. Essentially, to re-integrate that duality within ourselves along with all the other dualities.

We are good and evil, but we bury the evil as you yourself can identity with. The problem is we have a large list of un-integrated dualities because we shoved components of them into our shadow. Our shadow being that part of ourselves we are disgusted in, pretend doesnt exist, and refuse to identity with. Our dark side is part of that shadow. It is buried deep down in our unconscious due to us being ashamed of it combined with a need for society to validate us as having value.

So I decided to integrate being nice to people with being mean to them. I discovered a very real effect. I`m not going to tell you what my `weakness` or `button` is but I got it pressed relentlessly from random members of the public during my weak of being a jerk. People I didnt know, had never met before, and hadn't been mean too.

We are not talking people saying something which happened to press my button just by chance because it wasn't coming from 0.001% of the population. It was closer to 30%. Something very weird was happening, and when I created some sentences to press other peoples buttons bizarrely they crept up in conversations between other people too. Like God or the universe was repeating back to me which is just creepy weird.

I have already explained this, you know what I am saying even if you do not agree with it. I have told you everything, I cannot expand on it. I am not paranoid, and neither was it coincidence as it was happening far too often. Like reality was out to give me a kick-in for subtly pressing other peoples buttons.

From my experiment I concluded the aspect of my shadow I needed to integrate wasn't spot on, or it was a complex mixture of several dualities. I think it might be jealousy. I have never allowed myself to experience jealousy, it is something I have always totally repressed. So next weeks experiment is allowing myself to be jealous of people. And we will see what affects happen with that.

XenoFish
37 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You pulled yourself together months ago? I`m bossing you around? I have no power over you?

You cannot even hide that something happened to you in the past which is still bubbling around in the back of your mind. You try to repress it but your comments betray you. Its a sore point for you whatever happened and you haven't worked through it yet. Time to do your own shadow integration work! lol.

Let someone have power over you, watch your responses in yourself, and embrace your position of weakness. All people have the capacity to be strong and weak. Dont deny your weak side, embrace it. Then once you are there go out and boss some people around to see what you learn from the experience. All people have the capacity to be nice and a jerk. Dont deny your jerk side, embrace it.

Thank you for the pseudo-psychoanalysis Dr. Fraud. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

jmccr8
44 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We make assumptions about how reality works which we dont test.

Hi RapidMongoose

We who? How do you presume to know what I test?

In my experiment I switched from being nice to people, to someone who is mean to them. I then waited to see if any affect in life materialised.

So you have documented your research and are prepared to present it? Please do.

My starting position is that the point of life is to reconstruct a state of being one in a religious sense. But all kind of dualities exist within ourselves that need to be re-integrated back together to achieve this. Once such duality is good and evil.

My assertion is that from a religious perspective the point of life is not to be good, but to be both good and evil. Essentially, to re-integrate that duality within ourselves along with all the other dualities.

My position is god doesn't exist and religions are a social tool to unify some people.

Yes we are good and bad no god or religious perspective needed to explain that.

We are good and evil, but we bury the evil as you yourself can identity with. The problem is we have a large list of un-integrated dualities because we shoved components of them into our shadow. Our shadow being that part of ourselves we are disgusted in, pretend doesnt exist, and refuse to identity with. Our dark side is part of that shadow. It is buried deep down in our unconscious due to us being ashamed of it combined with a need for society to validate us as having value.

I never identified that I buried it, if something is me then it is me and I accept that and use it to my best advantage which is to recognize and respond in a productive manner.

So I decided to integrate being nice to people with being mean to them. I discovered a very real effect. I`m not going to tell you what my `weakness` or `button` is but I got it pressed relentlessly from random members of the public during my weak of being a jerk. People I didnt know, had never met before, and hadn't been mean too.

I am not asking what your weakness is. So you spent a week being a jerk and were mean and press their button what statistical data have you collected for review? You do realize that what you have said is that A. you have been a jerk to people that you don't know just to get a reaction. B. people you don't know and have never spoken to push your buttons, how did they do that without talking or interacting with them, is it something like damn that girl is hot and she doesn't even know you exist and it bothers you?

We are not talking people saying something which happened to press my button just by chance because it wasn't coming from 0.001% of the population. It was closer to 30%.

30% of 8 billion people is 2400000000 people, excuse me if I find your data of a tad of the mark.

I have already explained this, you know what I am saying even if you do not agree with it. I have told you everything, I cannot expand on it. I am not paranoid, and neither was it coincidence as it was happening far too often. Like reality was out to give me a kick-in for subtly pressing other peoples button

Would appreciate it if at times you would break up your responses to quotes so I know what this is in reference to, if you had adequately explain this I wouldn't have asked the question and if your research is properly documented then there should be no problem in presenting it. You don't know if I agree or not as I am still asking questions.

From my experiment I concluded the aspect of my shadow I needed to integrate wasn't spot on, or it was a complex mixture of several dualities. I think it might be jealousy. I have never allowed myself to experience jealousy, it is something I have always totally repressed. So next weeks experiment is allowing myself to be jealous of people. And we will see what affects happen with that.

I am not sure that you are being completely honest here about the things you feel and may be looking to support a belief that you had already formed before you start your experiments which is why I am asking you to present your documentation.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spulling
  • Thanks 1

Cookie Monster

Around and around we go lol

Aquila King
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Around and around we go lol

Only because you refuse to listen to reason.

• Like 1

Aquila King
4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi RapidMongoose

So you see Xeno's response as an explosion, that is interesting as I did not see it in that way myself,could you clarify why you see it that way?

jmccr8

Btw, I didn't read any emotion in Xeno's response either. He's just projecting. 

• Thanks 1

jmccr8
1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Btw, I didn't read any emotion in Xeno's response either. He's just projecting. 

Hi Aquilla

Exactly, and this is why I am questioning him as it would seem according to him that a huge number of people who say or do nothing to him are pushing his buttons which are as numerous as they are on this keyboard I am using to type this. I am hoping that he will give his documentation so that the methodology used in collecting data can be reviewed. Granted for some people the fact that other people are breathing and using up all the air is a button pusher.

jmccr8

• Like 1

Aquila King
8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Granted for some people the fact that other people are breathing and using up all the air is a button pusher.

Indeed. I've known plenty who're like that. With some people you're just walking on egg shells till they snap. Not a good way to live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RoseDancer

Humans aren't designed to be happy.

The only time we really grow and mature is through suffering. 

Accepting suffering as a part of life goes a long way to relieving the pain. 

• Like 1

LightAngel
17 hours ago, RoseDancer said:

The only time we really grow and mature is through suffering. 

Nah.

If people only suffer, then they will be destroyed - a person who experience too much pain and no love might survive, but will be very emotionally crippled.

Love can make us grow and mature even more because it will give us time to reflect on the pain.

Too much or too little of everything will create imbalance.

XenoFish
Just now, LightAngel said:

Nah.

If people only suffer, then they will be destroyed - a person who experience too much pain and no love might survive, but will be very emotionally crippled.

Love can make us grow and mature even more because it will give us time to reflect on the pain.

Unless they overcome that suffering and find some meaning in it. Which makes them mentally stronger. Love doesn't conquer all. It's a nice romantic story book idea, the real world is much different. 

RoseDancer
4 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Nah.

Sorry but I must politely disagree. 

LightAngel
23 minutes ago, RoseDancer said:

Sorry but I must politely disagree. 

That's fine with me - at least you have good manners. :D

Just in case you misunderstood my post.

I think both love and pain is needed to create a strong and whole person.

Edit: I'm also talking about healthy self-love here.

Edited by LightAngel

RoseDancer
13 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

I think both love and pain is needed to create a strong and whole person.

Now that I can agree with. :)

Xavier Perez-Pons
On 10/11/2019 at 8:33 PM, OverSword said:

I recently heard a podcast detailing what a nightmare the different types and levels of OCD can be.  It's amazing how crippling it can be and how good at keeping it a secret sufferers are.

Congrats on the award :tu:

This is something that all the ancient sages without exception agree with: WE ARE NOT IN THIS WORLD TO BE HAPPY. WE ARE HERE TO LEARN. And unfortunately, it is the case that there is no learning without suffering. Seen from our worldly point of view, every wound that life inflicts on us weakens us. But from a higher perspective (which of course is difficult to adopt when the wounds have not yet healed), it makes us stronger. I say "strong" not in the literal sense of the word. I mean that each wound is like a lesson that makes us wiser. In the spiritual dimension from which we proceed and to which we are destined, learning is theoretically so to speak. But to really learn something, you have to go through it, you have to put it into practice. And this can only be done in a dimension in which suffering is not only possible but inevitable: the material world. This is why we descend from the spiritual world to the material over and over again. In the same way, a child has a great time at home, but to learn he must make the sacrifice of getting up early in the morning and going to school. And this until the time of graduation. What you see now as wounds that make you stagger, are actually lessons, hard to learn certainly, but that make you wiser. If you suffer violence, your soul will internalize that violence is negative. If a friend cheats you, you will learn that cheating is negative. If you suffer hardships without others doing anything to alleviate them, you will learn that one have to be generous and compassionate. If people reject or discriminate against you for whatever reason (ugliness, sexual orientation, race, religion ...), you will learn that you have to accept (not tolerate: accept) the other, even if the other is different. Perhaps when you suffer all this, your most immediate feelings are of rancor and anger, and what you feel is the desire for revenge. But these lessons are like unfermented bread dough. Leave it to rise! If you are a good student, in your soul you learned the lesson, and that lesson will ferment, and in successive lives you will know that violence, intolerance, anger, betrayal ... in short, anything that can cause pain to others It is something negative that goes against our true essence, which is love.main-qimg-6e86084f7e379f9dd1c3dab0e05999c1