Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Humans aren’t designed to be happy

132 posts in this topic

RabidMongoose
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I'd say uncertainty creates anxiety which can lead to fear and worry, worry can also lead to fear and fear leads to the dark side.

Its not uncertainty that creates anxiety, its your need to end the uncertainty.

You know you dont need to try and fix all your problems in life. Try just letting uncertainty exist.

joc
4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The normal state of mind for a human being is being emotionless.

We only experience a positive, or negative emotion, when we think about or experience something. If your default state is fear then you have an obsessive thinking problem going on.

Really?  I have never met an emotionless person.

joc
6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'd say uncertainty creates anxiety which can lead to fear and worry, worry can also lead to fear and fear leads to the dark side.

I think the majority of humans have fear issues.  That's my point.  Fear is a default...not absence of fear.  

docyabut2

The only fear is dying like 200 ,000 years ago when homo sapiens first began. They said people came together  when defending  them selves and started laughing together  to over come the fear. 

XenoFish
1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

The only fear is dying like 200 ,000 years ago when homo sapiens first began. They said people came together  when defending  them selves and started laughing together  to over come the fear. 

People fear death even now. Which is why religion is still a thing. They are afraid of non-existence. 

RabidMongoose
6 hours ago, joc said:

Really?  I have never met an emotionless person.

I`m not saying that normal people lack emotions.

What I meant is that people dont spend most of their days experiencing an emotional response. If someone does spend most of their days experiencing emotions like fear, anxiety, stress, etc, then they have a problem going on.

Unless you are in a war zone then most of the day should be spent with the amygdala area of the brain turned off. If it is constantly active it suggests damage to the limbic system as the result of obsessive thinking patterns and emotional trauma.

docyabut2
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

People fear death even now. Which is why religion is still a thing. They are afraid of non-existence. 

right but most are trying to find evidence of a life after death,  the fear of death :( like me a belief in life after  death   !

Edited by docyabut2