Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Humans aren’t designed to be happy

252 posts in this topic

XenoFish
10 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Utterly repressed lol

You just keep thinking that. 

spartan max2
48 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Again, our parents and religion and society mould us into what they consider acceptable.

We are taught it is wrong to dominate others so into our shadow it goes. We distance ourselves from it because we look to our parents, religion, and society, for our sense of personal value. We fear invalidation from them. The result is that we are no longer able to acknowledge how that side of our nature exists.

In the meantime whenever we come across someone dominating others we project onto them that they must be narcissistic or a jerk. From your replies I can tell you that you have repressed the dominating side of yourself into your shadow. You are living a lie by denying your true nature to yourself.

What are you afraid off? That someone will think you are a bad person from dominating others?

Once again I would recommend therapy.

I know this is hard for you to believe but most people feel no need to subjugate others and alot of people actually get fulfilment through helping other people.

From your resentment filled lenses you probably think everyone is just "faking it" or " repressing it".

Added that bolded to see if you can pick up on the extreme irony lol. 

It's pretty clear that your life is ruled by concern about how others view you. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RabidMongoose
7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Once again I would recommend therapy.

I know this is hard for you to believe but most people feel no need to subjugate others and alot of people actually get fulfilment through helping other people.

From your resentment filled lenses you probably think everyone is just "faking it" or " repressing it".

Added that bolded to see if you can pick up on the extreme irony lol. 

It's pretty clear that your life is ruled by concern about how others view you. 

There is nothing wrong with helping people because then you are gaining wisdom of being good.

Just make sure you are also gaining wisdom of being evil by having some people to be mean to too.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Aquila King
8 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

There is nothing wrong with helping people because then you are gaining wisdom of being good.

Just make sure you are also gaining wisdom of being evil by having some people to be mean to too.

Congratulations. This is officially the worst advice I've ever seen anybody give to someone. :mellow: Don't listen to him kids...

Screenshot_20190922-230736.jpg

• Haha 1

and then
18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Reality is relative to each person, not objective and existing independently from us.

God wants (in each persons instance of reality) for them to dominate others, and to enjoy doing so. At the level of the individual your purpose is simply to enjoy all pleasures that God provides.

Man...that is some profoundly weird radio you got tuned in there.  Being confident, aggressive and self-assured will indeed take you to greater heights than meekness but I've never heard of a god that desired His creation to cause misery to others as a service to Him.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding you or you are having a go at XFish?   The best current example of how messed up that kind of thinking makes the world is Washington DC.  Every man jack in a suit and tie is exactly what you are describing.  They just use doublespeak to dominate rather than overt bullying.  

and then
16 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

No wonder God was pro-slavery.

Is that what you got from the scripture about slaves?  Funny, I always thought God was no respecter of persons and wanted everyone to focus on Him and not their own circumstances.  To be as well-read in scripture and religions as you obviously are, you never deviate from assigning the pain and evil of man's choices to the God who just allowed him to choose.  Do you believe people are ever responsible for their own actions?  

XenoFish

God is the ultimate slave master. Believe, follow, obey or suffer eternally for disobedience. 

• Like 1

Habitat

What an unhappy thread !

Rlyeh
1 hour ago, and then said:

Is that what you got from the scripture about slaves?

Your god certainly didn't oppose slavery, Jesus didn't mind it either.

What does that say about your moral source?

Funny, I always thought God was no respecter of persons and wanted everyone to focus on Him and not their own circumstances.  To be as well-read in scripture and religions as you obviously are, you never deviate from assigning the pain and evil of man's choices to the God who just allowed him to choose.

Isn't it odd that when Yahweh does or supports something morally repugnant, it's ok, because man is evil?

Do you believe people are ever responsible for their own actions?  

Of course they are.

RabidMongoose
15 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Congratulations. This is officially the worst advice I've ever seen anybody give to someone. :mellow: Don't listen to him kids...

A psychopath is someone who does evil not good, and an empath is someone who does good not evil.

Both of them encounter problems in their lives because they are out of balance with the universe. Neither are integrated, both of them are repressed, they each are living a lie totally afraid of what is hidden in their shadows. If we have any psychologists here they will tell you to integrate both the good and evil in your personality. It equips you with the wisdom needed to lead a healthy life with healthy relationships.

Developing your inner psychopath voluntarily gives you the wisdom of what pure evil is. You then know how it works, its impacts on other people, and you realise there are people out there who really will destroy you given the chance. You can spot them, recognise what they are up too, and what their goal is.

If you want to know how bullying works, the tactics bullies use, the impacts it has on the victim, why the victim was chosen, and what the bully is trying to achieve, then the only way to find out is to become the bully.

I hate to point it out to everyone but 2% of the population are sociopaths and unless you have been targeted by one or have wisdom of evil then you wont have even known about it. Thats a little bit inaccurate, if they are high functioning you wont have know about it. The low functioning ones cannot keep a job or keep themselves out of prison.

For me I am doing a serious of real world experiments. Its not nice bullying someone, but I am. I want the wisdom thanks.

XenoFish

And for some reason, I'm considered a bad guy around here. 

Desertrat56
15 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Like Sherlock said, "Sociopath, not psychopath.  Get a bloody dictionary."  :lol:

• Like 1

jmccr8
On 9/22/2019 at 8:59 AM, RabidMongoose said:

God wants me to dominate others, and to enjoy that pleasure.

Society tells me dominating others is wrong because it makes them feel angry, and stressed, and that makes them resentful towards me. As its not illegal to dominate others, I put God before society.

And God rewards me by frequently giving me the promotions and positions of responsibility instead of them.

Whats that about you might ask? Reality is wired up backwards. 

Hi RapidMongoose

Personally I think it is you that is wired backwards, you sound more like a person that selects people of weaker wills to intimidate because you feel intimidated by your betters and sheet runs downhill.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RoofGardener

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the opening post. 

Some people are pessimists, some are optimists. 

I'm an optimist. I'm designed to be happy :) 

• Like 1

RabidMongoose
5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi RapidMongoose

Personally I think it is you that is wired backwards, you sound more like a person that selects people of weaker wills to intimidate because you feel intimidated by your betters and sheet runs downhill.

jmccr8

Nah, I'm just running a set of weird experiments.

I`m after revealing structure buried within the fabric of reality designed to force us into gaining wisdom of good and evil. I think that old snake in the Garden of Eden isn't Satan but the way to Godhood.

XenoFish
9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Now where did I put my rusty surgical kit. I need to do some rewiring on someone.

tenor.gif?itemid=4482837&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 2

spartan max2
16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the opening post. 

Some people are pessimists, some are optimists. 

Yeah, it does seem like people are born with different "baseline" levels of happiness. 

The real debate is always considering how much of it is in the hands of your genetics and how much isn't. 

• Like 1

Desertrat56
23 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I`m after revealing structure buried within the fabric of reality designed to force us into gaining wisdom of good and evil. I think that old snake in the Garden of Eden isn't Satan but the way to Godhood.

How about the possibility that the story you reference was made up by humans to keep other humans subjugated.  If you are practicing an experiment than you don't really believe god rewards you for bad behaviour, you are just using god as a way to poke at people with your sharp stick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

jmccr8
21 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Hi RapidMongoose

From where I am observing I am seeing a guy that's looking for justification for being an ass period. Not that I am a professional in human sciences just a guy that has seen enough in life to know what time of day it is and if I saw you out in real life pulling that on someone else you may not like the serving of good guy that I would likely dish out. My suggestion is to try another way.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RabidMongoose
14 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi RapidMongoose

From where I am observing I am seeing a guy that's looking for justification for being an ass period. Not that I am a professional in human sciences just a guy that has seen enough in life to know what time of day it is and if I saw you out in real life pulling that on someone else you may not like the serving of good guy that I would likely dish out. My suggestion is to try another way.

jmccr8

Well thats your problem not mine.

jmccr8
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well thats your problem not mine.

Hi RabidMongoose

Not really, your the one that will have to live with the consequences that seem to elude you in this aspect that you are "testing":rolleyes:

Here is a freebie, first rule of leadership is never ask anyone to do something that you would not or could not do and if you do ask them them roll up your sleeves and prove yourself to them and jump in and work with them. For me this is why god concepts don't work, god never rolls up his sleeves and shows that it is capable enough to man up to the job it demands.

I have run crews of over 60 men and not once did I have to step on anyone to get the recognition of management or the men that worked with me. I am hands on so I physically work on site with my staff and set a pace that they must follow and a standard to be met so what I am capable of to those people is observable so they generally take instruction and guidance quite well.

I am being polite in how my reaction is to your test.:yes:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aquila King
3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If we have any psychologists here they will tell you to integrate both the good and evil in your personality.

I can say with absolute certainty that the only psychologists who would come even remotely close to saying something like that would be those who've either been paid to say that, or who've had their licenses revoked.

You're simply trying to give yourself a higher moral reasoning (aka excuse) for you to do evil things to other people, because for some odd reason you want to, otherwise you wouldn't be rationalizing as to why you should.

Besides, your whole argument is self-defeating. If doing only good is essentially a bad thing, then you're not doing only good, you're doing evil. And if doing both good and evil in equal shares is essentially the right thing to do, then it isn't good and evil, it's only good. Evil is quite literally by definition the wrong thing to do, so there is no good that comes from intentionally doing it, otherwise it wouldn't be evil, it'd be ultimately good.

So again, you're simply trying to give yourself a bulls**t excuse to treat others like s**t because you want to experience that for some reason. You're trying to come up with a higher moral reason for why you should do evil deeds. That is literally the ideology of a psychopath.

You're objectively in the wrong here on just about every level. You need to seriously get some psychological help.

Also, you really don't help your case by posting videos of Jordan Peterson, the biggest faux-intellectual on the planet.

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you want to know how bullying works, the tactics bullies use, the impacts it has on the victim, why the victim was chosen, and what the bully is trying to achieve, then the only way to find out is to become the bully.

Yeah no. Not true in the slightest. If that were true then the entire scientific field of psychology is a waste of time, since the only way to learn anything about how and why another person's mind works is to literally induce those exact same thoughts, emotions, behaviors, and experiences within yourself.

Or are you seriously suggesting that the only way to understand mind, the thoughts, and behavior patterns of a pedophile is to become a pedophile? Or that the only way to understand the mind of a serial killer is to become a serial killer? If so then by all means, become those very things and try telling it to the judge as you're sentenced to the electric chair.

We're perfectly capable of understanding how and why people behave the way they do without having to actually think and behave the way they do yourself. Again, you're just giving some BS excuse for why you should be permitted to act out with full knowledge of your wrongdoing, and with evil intent. You're disgustingly sick dude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I can say with absolute certainty that the only psychologists who would come even remotely close to saying something like that would be those who've either been paid to say that, or who've had their licenses revoked.

You're simply trying to give yourself a higher moral reasoning (aka excuse) for you to do evil things to other people, because for some odd reason you want to, otherwise you wouldn't be rationalizing as to why you should.

Besides, your whole argument is self-defeating. If doing only good is essentially a bad thing, then you're not doing only good, you're doing evil. And if doing both good and evil in equal shares is essentially the right thing to do, then it isn't good and evil, it's only good. Evil is quite literally by definition the wrong thing to do, so there is no good that comes from intentionally doing it, otherwise it wouldn't be evil, it'd be ultimately good.

So again, you're simply trying to give yourself a bulls**t excuse to treat others like s**t because you want to experience that for some reason. You're trying to come up with a higher moral reason for why you should do evil deeds. That is literally the ideology of a psychopath.

You're objectively in the wrong here on just about every level. You need to seriously get some psychological help.

Also, you really don't help your case by posting videos of Jordan Peterson, the biggest faux-intellectual on the planet.

Yeah no. Not true in the slightest. If that were true then the entire scientific field of psychology is a waste of time, since the only way to learn anything about how and why another person's mind works is to literally induce those exact same thoughts, emotions, behaviors, and experiences within yourself.

Or are you seriously suggesting that the only way to understand mind, the thoughts, and behavior patterns of a pedophile is to become a pedophile? Or that the only way to understand the mind of a serial killer is to become a serial killer? If so then by all means, become those very things and try telling it to the judge as you're sentenced to the electric chair.

We're perfectly capable of understanding how and why people behave the way they do without having to actually think and behave the way they do yourself. Again, you're just giving some BS excuse for why you should be permitted to act out with full knowledge of your wrongdoing, and with evil intent. You're disgustingly sick dude.

Not to mention, what he describes is not integrating anything.

• Like 2

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's the justification of malicious intent. Nothing more. Integration should create a balance.

• Thanks 3

Aquila King
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's just so blatantly obvious that he's just looking for an excuse to do bad things. As if this "experiment" nonsense in any way gives him valid permit to do so with little to no repercussions for his actions.

He just wants to and is looking for an excuse to do so without consequence. Everyone sees it except him.

• Like 3