Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Wisconsin location for dogman encounter?

Theghosttracker1

Joined in hopes of getting to help finding the best spots in Wisconsin (near Bray Rd.} and LBL Kentucky to find a dogman / werewolf. If anyone has had a recent encounter, please let me know. I will be heading to Wisconsin in a week to start my search.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you find help here.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Theghosttracker1 said:

Joined in hopes of getting to help finding the best spots in Wisconsin (near Bray Rd.} and LBL Kentucky to find a dogman / werewolf. If anyone has had a recent encounter, please let me know. I will be heading to Wisconsin in a week to start my search.

Welcome to UM :st

In general, the deep SE counties of Wisconsin are best for the Bray Road beast. a bit of lore spread out there. Don't seem to tip below the Illinois border much.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Theghosttracker1 said:

Elkhorn, WI is where the original sightings took place, so you'd want to look there first. Of course I don't think you'll find one, but I can't stop you from trying.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 2

very helpful. i appreciate the help. I will be staying in Milton. look forward to searching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Theghosttracker1 said:

very helpful. i appreciate the help. I will be staying in Milton. look forward to searching.

Please do brush up on road laws. The general area of SE WI and NE IL is saturated with roadside lore. And be legal too. I'm always one to be supporting legal in general, and with the amount of roadside lore of the area, the LEO is on their chops

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rashore said:

Please do brush up on road laws. The general area of SE WI and NE IL is saturated with roadside lore. And be legal too. I'm always one to be supporting legal in general, and with the amount of roadside lore of the area, the LEO is on their chops

To add to that, make sure you're not trespassing on private property.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Theghosttracker1 said:

What you going to do if you encounter. The Dog man or a Werewolf? Are you going to try and capture it, try to kill it, or take a picture and run like he'll?

• Like 1

dog man? hum, where is Don Coyote, ahem, Mike Agrusa hiding out these days?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

What you going to do if you encounter. The Dog man or a Werewolf? Are you going to try and capture it, try to kill it, or take a picture and run like he'll?

Hopefully he'll be able to get a picture.  I'd be far too scared of bears to be honest.  Whatever happens, I hope the OP stays safe. :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, pixiii said:

Hopefully he'll be able to get a picture.  I'd be far too scared of bears to be honest.  Whatever happens, I hope the OP stays safe. :)

I also hope he stays safe, but I don't think we have to worry about that. I suspect that most of his time will spent on forums rather than marching around out in the woods.

take care

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the concern for my safety. My goal is to get a picture and video of the creature, maybe communicate with any luck. I did have 2 encounters years ago in some woods next to my neighborhood when i lived in ft. Myers, fl. Just so you know, i wont be running off into the woods at night on foot. Ive heard to many encounter stories claiming some will attack a vehicle or at least attempt to stop it.. Im going to park, bait, call and wait with cameras rolling. If the worst happens, i will haul ass leaving the gear behind. trust me. have seen scarier things in the woods at night than werewolves, well equally scary anyway. i wont walk off into the woods more than 10 feet. im just going to wing it and find some creepy roads to try in Wisconsin and go straight to the campground people were killed in LBL Kentucky. will have to wait and see what happens,

• Like 1

Just curious, responding like this, does everyone get to read it? or do i need to add a quoate to each individual comment? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 10:14 PM, Theghosttracker1 said:

Just curious, responding like this, does everyone get to read it? or do i need to add a quoate to each individual comment? 

You're fine fella just reply as normal. I'm curious to what you have seen in the forest that is scarier than an alleged werewolf.

Sorry for the delay responding here. Ill be heading up to WI Labor Day weekend now,

ThereWeAreThen   Ill try to make this short. Back in 1988, i was talked into going out in the woods one night to get rich etc. using spells from the Necronomicon. It only took a few read out loud words for this night to become a nightmare, We sat in a circle this guy drew on the ground with a stick, which was our only protection. This creature kept coming from the woodline looking for a way in, It kept getting bigger and bigger. By the time it was bigger than a great dane, i said the hell with this and we ran for the car, Somehow we made it and got in, When I turned on the headlights, this thing walked out into the street and stood in front of my car and looked at us. It was huge, VW bus Big with glowing red eys and black fur that looked like dripping tar. I started the car and we hauled ass. I had some serious bad luck for about 2 weeks following that night and never saw that dork that talked me into it again. To answer your question, it was more equal to a werewolf encounter than more,

Wes83 I agree completely. I carry a 45 just encase i encounter those type of people.

• Confused 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:15 PM, Theghosttracker1 said:

Sorry for the delay responding here. Ill be heading up to WI Labor Day weekend now,

Wes83 I agree completely. I carry a 45 just encase i encounter those type of people.

Might want to think twice about carrying that gun in Wisconsin. Open carry of a loaded weapon in a vehicle is not legal, and Wisconsin does not have reciprocity with Florida with concealed carry. Considering you are going to be driving around- Bray Road is mostly private property and trespassing is a no-no- you might want to stick to as street legal as you can while out on your trip.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I believe that Bigfoot and Dogman are diffferent beasts. Bigfoot, it seems is not particularly agressive but will defend his hunting territory by throwing rocks, stones and growling nearby to warn humans - frightening them away from his forraging area. Dogman with a wolf face is supposed to be far more agressive, so be careful

Maybe there are other cryptids as well in our forests, but some of the stories I have heard suggest bright clothing annoys them and they (Dogman?) attack. I think I read that it is often the hiker who wears orange or yellow who gets attacked or picked off from the end of the group. Now...obviously there are a lot of clothes which are orange or yellow which are used for hiking and mountain climbing so this may just be an urban legend.

But...If anyone wants to try an experiment, then dress a dummy up in yellow or orange clothing and place it in a position on a track in a wood where hikers have been attacked or disappeared previously. Then leave a camera high up on a tree looking down on it 24/7 to see if it gets attacked and destroyed.  I suspect they are able to be almost invisible in the forest because there is often no warning when these attacks happen and no cries from the victim either. On the other hand some small kids have survived these creatures and have described them as Mr Dog, others are not so lucky and have been found dead often in boulder fields or rocky places.

If you believe one of the stories from Skinwalker Ranch, the huge wolf they encountered there took several .45 bullets at close range and did not die and was not affected,so I would not place your faith in a gun to protect you from these types of creatures.

Edited by ocpaul20

• 7 months later...

Uh I don't know, I have heard alot of dogman stories, but I don't live in Wisconsin.

I sadly live in GA, the state with possibly the least cryptids...

Also his last post 08/08/2019 .was his last visit to this site.:hmm:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 7:59 AM, diddyman68 said:

Also his last post 08/08/2019 .was his last visit to this site.:hmm:

That long ago? I'm worried now...

On 8/7/2019 at 9:15 PM, Theghosttracker1 said:

ThereWeAreThen   Ill try to make this short. Back in 1988, i was talked into going out in the woods one night to get rich etc. using spells from the Necronomicon. It only took a few read out loud words for this night to become a nightmare, We sat in a circle this guy drew on the ground with a stick, which was our only protection. This creature kept coming from the woodline looking for a way in, It kept getting bigger and bigger. By the time it was bigger than a great dane, i said the hell with this and we ran for the car, Somehow we made it and got in, When I turned on the headlights, this thing walked out into the street and stood in front of my car and looked at us. It was huge, VW bus Big with glowing red eys and black fur that looked like dripping tar. I started the car and we hauled ass. I had some serious bad luck for about 2 weeks following that night and never saw that dork that talked me into it again. To answer your question, it was more equal to a werewolf encounter than more,

The bad luck thing, it sounds like you experienced "psychic backlash"

Also do what you want but I wouldn't suggest doing summoning rituals anymore.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:21 PM, Chronus said:

The bad luck thing, it sounds like you experienced "psychic backlash"

Also do what you want but I wouldn't suggest doing summoning rituals anymore.

Almost like people haven't seen Evil Dead.

Lol at getrichquick spells from...the Necronomicon.

10 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Almost like people haven't seen Evil Dead.

Lol at getrichquick spells from...the Necronomicon.

I have never heard of that movie.