Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Witcher (Neflix)

Gwynbleidd

I Have heard about the witcher i will definetely give it a watch :-D 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.pcgamer.com/check-out-some-new-images-from-the-witcher-series-on-netflix/

Check out the latest pics on this article which shows.......said with Geralt's dry humour of course :P 

Geralt on a horse, Geralt in a fight, Geralt needs a drink...

What use is Geralt if there isn’t a monster to slay? New images for the Witcher Netflix series have emerged and they have given us a teasing glimpse at what looks like a clawsome beast that ended up on the wrong end of a certain silver sword. There are also a couple of new shots of Henry Cavill’s Geralt, Roach, and Yennefer to coo over in the continued absence of a release date announcement. Boo.

Apparently someone let it slip that December will be the release date.  Here's hoping!

5uYGugSiZXnnga73n2uhKJ-650-80.jpg.2753f279df116046a4aa20db4f3e955a.jpg

qLCaN7e6jFnymddsp2QM5J-650-80.jpg.4b87550795fc529a055884801a3a47c6.jpg

hhGohem3dzvqLJtZF4TGcJ-650-80.jpg.53cc903e703d1319adeae068d34d20ba.jpg

3dq8kpv9s6kNWBtYbp8oDJ-650-80.jpg.e9f9d989e36c740b211ceb912b08fd25.jpg

Geralt and Yen are both looking smokin' hot as usual........I cannot wait for this show to begin.  

• Like 2

Looks interesting. Finally played through wildhunt couple months ago. Got towards end game (twice) and cd broke..still p***ed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Looks interesting. Finally played through wildhunt couple months ago. Got towards end game (twice) and cd broke..still p***ed.

Oh no, I'm so sorry your cd broke! :o  Did you enjoy Wildhunt though?  Gosh you'll have to buy it again when the Halloween sales are on this week.  I just bought the whole set of Witcher games again for my ps4.  I've bought them for the xbox and the pc too.  I just like donating as much money as I can to CD Projekt Red the developers. LOL :D 

edit:  the reason why you have to get it is because it has so many different endings depending on your choices made throughout the entire game! :D  

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry your cd broke! :o  Did you enjoy Wildhunt though?  Gosh you'll have to buy it again when the Halloween sales are on this week.  I just bought the whole set of Witcher games again for my ps4.  I've bought them for the xbox and the pc too.  I just like donating as much money as I can to CD Projekt Red the developers. LOL :D 

edit:  the reason why you have to get it is because it has so many different endings depending on your choices made throughout the entire game! :D  

Yeah, it was great. When get the $$$ will look for it. Right now playing older retro games (on ds) Original links awakening, pokemon crystal (never played pokemon anything..it was worth 10$) along w other old rpg's shining force, defenders of oasis..getting too caught up with these older (ancient?) games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Yeah, it was great. When get the $$$ will look for it. Right now playing older retro games (on ds) Original links awakening, pokemon crystal (never played pokemon anything..it was worth 10$) along w other old rpg's shining force, defenders of oasis..getting too caught up with these older (ancient?) games.

Oh some old games are awesome.  I've just gotten through the Uncharted series of games on ps4 and I loved them.  I'd love to find some others to play that are kinda like that storyline.  I'll just have to wait and see.  I can't buy any more Witcher games on anything because I've run out of consoles and computers to buy them for at this stage. I'm just waiting on Cyberpunk to be released now.  I've already pre-ordered that the day it was released.  I'm ready to rock and roll. :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Henry Cavill will hunt monsters as Geralt of Rivia in Netflix‘s “The Witcher,” based on the best-selling fantasy series and debuting on the streaming service on December 20.

But how much will the series lean into the horror elements of the story? Chatting with Games Radar, visual effects supervisor Julian Parry promises a horror-heavy approach!

“I definitely think it leans more towards horror,” Parry told the site.

He continued, “We’re definitely taking the fantasy out. I can honestly say we’re not fantastical. I mean, it’s fantastical but in a grounded horror sense. For example, with Striga [a woman cursed to live as a monster], that’s one gnarly-looking thing. That’s very unpleasant!”

“The Witcher” is an epic tale of fate and family. Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts.

You can read more about it here: https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3593514/visual-effects-supervisor-says-netflixs-witcher-leans-towards-horror-fantasy/

I guess some of the creatures could fall under the horror genre.  According to the books and games, there are over 80 different monster types.  The one that I feared most was the Leshen.  This one looks like a Drowner or Drowned Dead.

the-witcher-scary.thumb.png.1790d02336dd3a1e583cf23f548e9e6e.png

Either way, Geralt will dispatch it with ease. :P 

https://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-netflix-season-2-announcement/

The Witcher season 2 announced by Netflix

Wow, that was quick.....and rather promising too, I might add.  We haven't even seen the first series, let alone the 2nd, so this is good news. 

While we're still some weeks away from the first season of The Witcher Netflix series landing, the streaming service has already announced that the show has been renewed for a second season. 

Variety reports that The Witcher season 2 will begin production in London early next year, with eight new episode planned to debut in 2021. Meanwhile, the eight episode season 1 will premiere on Netflix December 20. To no-one's surprise, Cavill will return as Geralt, while Anya Chalotra and Freya Allan along have been confirmed as returning as with as Yennefer and Ciri, respectively.

• Like 1