Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
pixiii

Mysterious animal deaths on France's farms

pixiii

Mystery surrounds animal deaths on France's farms

Farmers in France are claiming that electromagnetic fields created by wind farms and other electrical installations are leading to low productivity and high rates of mortality.

But scientists who’ve looked into it have failed to detect any chain of cause and effect.

The BBC went to western France to investigate.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-4904574

• Like 5

Piney
55 minutes ago, pixiii said:

But scientists who’ve looked into it have failed to detect any chain of cause and effect.

We had horses and goats under high voltage lines for 40 years. This sounds like crap. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

pixiii

There's not much info on it is there?  It's extremely vague.  I was hoping someone might've seen this thing before where something is conducting the electricity/energy under the actual soil area etc?  Sorry, I'm probably not explaining myself well, hopefully someone will understand what I'm saying :lol: 

• Like 3

Piney
57 minutes ago, pixiii said:

There's not much info on it is there?  It's extremely vague.  I was hoping someone might've seen this thing before where something is conducting the electricity/energy under the actual soil area etc?  Sorry, I'm probably not explaining myself well, hopefully someone will understand what I'm saying :lol: 

You could hear those monsters humming over the wind. :lol:

I don't get that electromagnucklenuts poop. I'm fine.....

......except I've had Sirius broadcasting in my left ear for the past 20 years.  :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ChrLzs

Most likely it is simply some farmers who are struggling, looking for excuses.  Let's face it, we've had electricity transmission lines since the beginning of last century.  The effects of emf fields are quite well understood..  Granted, there are still some questions on whether EMF might affect other species in ways we don't yet understand, but there is nothing much to support that.  There is also a chance that infrasound, which wind-farms do produce a bit of, might cause issues, but these should be fairly easy to test for. 

And given I have to not only click the link, but also then watch a video... forgive me for not investigating further - I'll wait until it hits the more mainstream media or a decent science journal...

• Like 3

pixiii
2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Most likely it is simply some farmers who are struggling, looking for excuses.  Let's face it, we've had electricity transmission lines since the beginning of last century.  The effects of emf fields are quite well understood..  Granted, there are still some questions on whether EMF might affect other species in ways we don't yet understand, but there is nothing much to support that.  There is also a chance that infrasound, which wind-farms do produce a bit of, might cause issues, but these should be fairly easy to test for. 

And given I have to not only click the link, but also then watch a video... forgive me for not investigating further - I'll wait until it hits the more mainstream media or a decent science journal...

Yes, thanks @ChrLzs I just happened to see it on BBC News site and watched the video (2mins) but there's really not much more info.  In fact, I copied everything they had, to put in the post. :lol:  So yes, when or maybe, IF, it hits mainstream media or a sci journal they'll no doubt be able to shed more light on it...one would hope! :huh:  Thanks for explaining that btw ^^ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ThereWeAreThen

Didn't they reintroduce wolves to France, Netherlands and Germany? Pretty sure they've been p***ing off farmers for snacking on livestock.