Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will trump win 2020?

the13bats

58 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I wonder what weight health care, the opium epidemic, crumbling infrastructure, and the environment will have on the election?

Same as always, I expect.  Those are not new issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I wonder what weight health care, the opium epidemic, crumbling infrastructure, and the environment will have on the election?

None. Like always.

• Like 2

According to a recent Gallup poll for July, America's number one concern is immigration. Link

Notice how the Dems have addressed that issue, by continuous whining and by holding up Trump as the devil himself. But offer a real solution...?  NEVER. not until the election is over, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Notice how the Dems have addressed that issue

Like this? Trump deporting immigrants at slower pace than Obama: report

I am just stunned by how easily we as Americans have been manipulated on the issue of immigration. Saying mean things does not equate to action , as evidenced by the laughable ICE raids that were gonna catch THOUSANDS but only got 35

35 arrested in Trump-touted ICE operation that targeted 2,000

• Like 3

Trump doesn't want another term, the DNC & GOP wants Trump to stew on the hot seat for another term, one wants him wearing a clown hat while the other wants him under a crown, all in all, keeping Trump in office works well for both parties, they'll just be piling on the stink and keep dumping all the dead end political policies from all the way from the past to present on his administration. 

~

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 11:34 PM, Golden Duck said:

And I've heard you say that no one has suffered the vitriol that Melania Trump has. 

Okay, what I said was rude and uncalled for but there seems to be a LOT of that going around, ya know?  My real issue with Michelle O is that I believe she doesn't like the America I grew up in and that I treasure.  Remember the quote - " For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback,"   When Obama was in office there was a fringe of hardcore people who I think of as basic "redneck trash"  (not to be confused with average rednecks who are usually the salt of earth) They were racist toward him and his wife and it was disgusting.  On the whole, there hasn't been a first family that was as well treated by the media in many years, if ever.  

Melania got caught up in the targeting of Trump and they've gone out of their way to be vicious about her.  To each his own.  I think she is one of the loveliest, classiest and poised First ladies in a generation or more.  Do you recall the lead-up to the inaugural balls?  No designer would touch her.  She manages to blow away the haters by being beautiful and gracious.  That's my opinion and I hope she gets 4 more years to represent us in the world.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I think she is one of the loveliest, classiest and poised First ladies in a generation or more.

Really? The classiest?

I suppose a nude GQ photoshoot with the tagline "Sex at 30,000 ft" maybe considered of a certain class.

But hey, to each their own.

2 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Really? The classiest?

I suppose a nude GQ photoshoot with the tagline "Sex at 30,000 ft" maybe considered of a certain class.

But hey, to each their own.

Indeed.  It says a bit about your own that you looked it up, eh?  What's the next label for her?   A big scarlet "A"?  She has done NOTHING to be ashamed of in her role as First Lady and that's all that matters to me.  So, YEAH..." classiest".  And I'll repeat for emphasis, I really hope she gets to continue in that role through 1/20/25.  

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone else, ever in your experience, that you loathed so much that it made you hate their wife and kids as well?  Is that par for you or is this an exceptional circumstance?  Serious question, not trying to insult you.  I just don't get the level of hate that people nurse for him and everything close to him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, and then said:

Indeed.  It says a bit about your own that you looked it up, eh?  What's the next label for her?   A big scarlet "A"?  She has done NOTHING to be ashamed of in her role as First Lady and that's all that matters to me.  So, YEAH..." classiest".  And I'll repeat for emphasis, I really hope she gets to continue in that role through 1/20/25.

I was aware they existed, and I thought they made an interesting juxtaposition with your proclaiming her to be the classiest First Lady in a generation.  She can do whatever she wants.  I can look at it.  Doesn't mean she's wrong to do it.  Doesn't mean it's classy.

Well, I guess it was in 'Gentlemen's Quarterly'.  I retract my statement.  It was a very classy thing to do.

My mistake.

I suppose I'm jealous that I can't sell nude pictures of myself.  It'd be a nice money-making venture.

13 minutes ago, and then said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone else, ever in your experience, that you loathed so much that it made you hate their wife and kids as well?  Is that par for you or is this an exceptional circumstance?  Serious question, not trying to insult you.  I just don't get the level of hate that people nurse for him and everything close to him.

I don't loathe Trump.  Nor do I hate his wife and kids.  Completely false statements.

That's a neat question, though, on the same rhetorical level as asking me when I stopped beating my wife.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say in general that it's become rather common to take shots at the First Families.  It happened with Obama.  It's happening with Trump.  Heck, you yourself said about Michelle Obama earlier in the thread that you 'expressed my opinion about her appearance as is my right." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

On the whole, there hasn't been a first family that was as well treated by the media in many years, if ever.  

You're right. But is JFK in your memory? Oh, did the media love Jack and Jackie in Camelot.

They were both young, good looking, wealthy, with beautiful young children and a child being born while Jack was in office. You'd think they were Royalty, for gosh sake. All the good stuff. That's back in the day when the media went out of its way to look for the positive for Americans to see and be proudful of. You know, "feel good" politics.

Today's media would have feasted on them! Can you imagine what CNN would have done when Marilyn Monroe popped out of a huge birthday cake and sang happy birthday to Jack in the white house with Jackie standing by??? LOLOLOL I shudder :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

Okay, what I said was rude and uncalled for but there seems to be a LOT of that going around, ya know?  My real issue with Michelle O is that I believe she doesn't like the America I grew up in and that I treasure.  Remember the quote - " For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback,"   When Obama was in office there was a fringe of hardcore people who I think of as basic "redneck trash"  (not to be confused with average rednecks who are usually the salt of earth) They were racist toward him and his wife and it was disgusting.  On the whole, there hasn't been a first family that was as well treated by the media in many years, if ever.  

Melania got caught up in the targeting of Trump and they've gone out of their way to be vicious about her.  To each his own.  I think she is one of the loveliest, classiest and poised First ladies in a generation or more.  Do you recall the lead-up to the inaugural balls?  No designer would touch her.  She manages to blow away the haters by being beautiful and gracious.  That's my opinion and I hope she gets 4 more years to represent us in the world.

I understand the locker-room talk.  Women in a ceremonial public office are judged on style and appearance; see Sarah Ferguson and Camila Parker-Bowles.  The trans scandal is just unreasonable.

I'm not entirely sure of the whole context of the quote, from Michelle, you've provided.  It looks like it may have been from before Obama was elected.  She may have been referring to her perception that citizens were hungry for change, whatever that means.  These words aren't surprising when uttered by a progressive.  I note the use of the adverb 'really'  which implies that pride may not be an absolute.

However, I do recall observing, in the media, the feeling expressed by the people in the street, after the election, seemed to correlate merit with melanin.  The way way I remember it - there wasn't much more to the campaign than that.  Macklemore could probably right a song about it.

Trump gave an interview on Letterman years ago in which he talked about making America great again.  The obvious inference was that America wasn't great.  Letterman countered that as far as he was concerned America was, is, and always will be great - to raucous applause from the audience. You could say Trump was building himself up by tearing down his country.  He [Trump] begs the question when he asserts, the targets of his criticism, are '"very bad" - without ever explaining why or offering anything constructive.  There is another double standard on display today that labels any critics as hateful.  It's all purely emotive.  At least AOC affords does everyone the courtesy of giving some details of her plans so you can objectively see how nonviable they are.

You raise a, somewhat, interesting issue concerning the current FLOTUS and her relationship with the fashion industry.  When you challenged me for numbers, I did have quick look to see if that was something that was easy to quantify.  I did see that Anna Wintour had stated that Melania doesn't back local designers. I'm not inclined to research the politics of Fashion; and, my prejudice aligns with what you've told.  But, there is a counter opinion; and, "I really don't care" if I'm wrong.

As I said at the start Melania is in the scope.  I don't pay much attention to the what is interpreted by the fashion choices of the Royals and I wont' start with Melania; but, with that particularly edgy choice in fashion I couldn't help but wonder if Nancy Reagan would've done the same.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Today's media would have feasted on them! Can you imagine what CNN would have done when Marilyn Monroe popped out of a huge birthday cake and sang happy birthday to Jack in the white house with Jackie standing by??? LOLOLOL I shudder

Well now if your suppositions about CNN being a left wing shill are true, they would have thought it was the greatest thing any President had ever done. 

Its never happened to me.  I never even had a cake big enough for anybody to jump out of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd be more than happy if I ever had a cake big enough for a midget to roll out of... 

~

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

It happened with Obama.  It's happening with Trump. 

Bushy too

After gigantic corporate tax cuts, the 2018 GDP has been revised to 2.5%.  Wow, so much for "only I can get us to 3%!"  And when the budget deal gets signed this week, that's an additional $4 trillion added to the national debt in 2 1/2 years.  $4 trillion added during a strong economy, by a nation fighting no major wars.  That's troublesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2019 at 8:31 AM, third_eye said:

Trump doesn't want another term, the DNC & GOP wants Trump to stew on the hot seat for another term, one wants him wearing a clown hat while the other wants him under a crown, all in all, keeping Trump in office works well for both parties, they'll just be piling on the stink and keep dumping all the dead end political policies from all the way from the past to present on his administration. 

~

But what would the democrats gain by doing all this? If Trump wins, he's likely to take more Repubs into the congress with him. Then what?
My opinion, I think the democrats want to de-nut Trump and send him to hell.

And how ya been, bud? Good seeing you again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

But what would the democrats gain by doing all this? If Trump wins, he's likely to take more Repubs into the congress with him. Then what?

You just answered your own question... 

My opinion, I think the democrats want to de-nut Trump and send him to hell.

:yes:

Trump is on the rack and both parties are turning the screws to squeeze as much political juice out of his time in office, if you're looking at this like some chess game where one wins and the other loses then you're not seeing the whole picture, both parties are gonna be making sure they come out of this fresh and sparkly clean, Trump be damned. 

Barr ain't stupid, he's been in this game a long time, what he did was blatant and he knows it, he hung a 'do not open ' sign over Mueller 's report, guess what, it's a big sign that it would be opened... Trump be dammed and Barr will come out of it smelling like roses that's been through a war ;)

Remember that it's the swinging voters that makes the numbers, the deep reds and blues are cancelling themselves out

~

And how ya been, bud? Good seeing you again.

Tired, worn out and needs a break :lol:

Good seeing ya too... 

~

Edited by third_eye
I dunno
  • Like 1

California Gov. Gavin Newsom Signs Trump Tax Return Bill

“As one of the largest economies in the world and home to one in nine Americans eligible to vote, California has a special responsibility to require this information of presidential and gubernatorial candidates,” Newsom said in a statement.

“These are extraordinary times and states have a legal and moral duty to do everything in their power to ensure leaders seeking the highest offices meet minimal standards, and to restore public confidence. The disclosure required by this bill will shed light on conflicts of interest, self-dealing, or influence from domestic and foreign business interest.”