Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Medieval Atlantis on the Russian Amur River

russian pavel

Probably, in the center of the Amur River of the Russian Far East, on the Bolon Lake, in the Middle Ages there was a colossal volcanic eruption. Or a giant explosion. This explosion could separate the river banks and granite islands. Legends about this were told to me by the old people - the native Eastern people and the Russians. Russian schoolchildren discovered a geological link between cliffs and islands, which was violated by a hypothetical explosion of a volcano. I associated legends, geological discoveries, environmental studies by scientists from Khabarovsk. According to legend, in the Middle Ages in the middle of the Amur River was a giant city. According to legend, it was destroyed by the Mongols of Genghis Khan. Or a volcanic explosion?   Legends speak of two tunnels under the lake and under the river. Are they volcanic?  I wrote and published three articles about it in the newspapers. They are here on these links in Russian. Attention - literary Russian language.

http://ngamursk.ru/index.php/2014-10-10-02-30-16/raznoe/item/6407-poslednie-tajny-yadasyana.html

https://khabarovsk.md//91-kori-i-chernyy-karlik.html

https://khabarovsk.md//409-poklonyayuschiesya-vulkanam.html

Unfortunately, this topic is banned in Russia today. So I post it here. That you know about it in the West. Perhaps in the Chinese or Korean medieval annals may be mentioned a hypothetical catastrophe on the Amur River. If you are interested, write to me. And I will continue the very big topic of Unknown Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I was about to suggest that volcanic activity seemed unlikely, but then I found out that there is indeed an extinct volcano on an island in Lake Bolon!

This appears to be translated into English (from Russian?) but gives some useful background info on the region:

https://en.guidesearcher.com/offers/eu/ru/khabarovsk/yachting-offers/944/

Disappointed to hear you can't discuss something like this in Russia :(   But I think a thread about a lost city that I think very few people will have heard of before (myself included) would be very educational :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pavel popelskii said:

The picture is of Balbals. A statue of a deceased person that was set on top or in front of graves. 

This practiced originated with the Eastern Iranians and was adopted by Turkic Tribes, Jurchen, Koreans and others. Originally they were placed in front of kurgans. But some were swiped by later cultures for other uses. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Piney said:

The picture is of Balbals. A statue of a deceased person that was set on top or in front of graves. 

This practiced originated with the Eastern Iranians and was adopted by Turkic Tribes, Jurchen, Koreans and others. Originally they were placed in front of kurgans. But some were swiped by later cultures for other uses. 

I agree.

And these are not similar to the statues on Easter Island.  Easter Island folk didn't worship volcano gods... and as far as I can tell (from having visited there and done some research there and checking on google) there are no "stepped platforms" on Hawaii that are ancient.  They're all modern (within the past 300 years.)

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

What about the 'standing stones of Hakkari'? One could argue that the 'Balbal' tradition could be traced back to the late neolithic traditions in Europe. Just look at some of the Menhir's of southern Europe, more specifically Italy & France. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mellon Man said:

What about the 'standing stones of Hakkari'? One could argue that the 'Balbal' tradition could be traced back to the late neolithic traditions in Europe. Just look at some of the Menhir's of southern Europe, more specifically Italy & France. 

It might have Yamnaya origins. But if anything the Bell Beaker would of carried it into Europe. 

• Like 6

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Thanks for the discussion, but you misunderstood me. Japan, South Korea and China worship volcanoes. San is a sacred mountain. Fuji san. Halla san. The third mountain in China, but I do not know it - in China everything is closed.  The medieval empire on the Amur River originated from Bohai and Sumo. That is from Korea. Consequently, the cult of megaliths and volcano worship is similar. But the Soviet government under Stalin blew up the sacred ancient ruins on the Amur. Today from the medieval city remained the ramparts in three places. Traces only in the legends and memories of old people. On the southern shore of Lake Bolon, I saw traces of a giant shock wave. These are the remains of a volcanic medieval explosion. This is the Atlantis of the Amur River.

My most important newspaper publication is this one.

http://ngamursk.ru/index.php/2014-10-10-02-30-16/raznoe/item/6407-poslednie-tajny-yadasyana.html

She explores the mechanism of a volcanic explosion according to legends and real geology. Why is it difficult to discuss it in Russia? Because in Russia now the fashion for fake and anti-history.

I am interested in the opinion of our users from Japan and Korea with China.

18 hours ago, pavel popelskii said:

I am interested in the opinion of our users from Japan and Korea with China.

They don't worship volcanoes in Japan. They are one of the places where the "Kami" (spiritual energy) of different aspects of nature reside.

• Like 2