Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boris Johnson to become PM

Setton

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I don’t see any of the pictures you posted as being offensive. Boris Johnson is purposelessly being a Media tart while the ones you posted are just honest attempts to eat in public. 

Another epic fail.

Oh please! He was just trying to have a quiet meal with his family and was rudely intruded on by the paparazzologists? :rolleyes: It was a pure publicity gimmick. It's got a whole entry to itself on Wiki the pedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Miliband_bacon_sandwich_photograph

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I can’t speak about the EU on something that has not come to pass but I can say that if someone owned me money and benefited greatly from my business then I’d not be doing them any favours. Actually I’d go outta my way to make it clear I’m upset. 

Trade happens between people to give you an example i've had no problem placing a two thousand pound order with a German company and a one half thousand with a Dutch company. both to be delivered between the second and third week of November. supplier is supplying to the demand and no problem with delivery either. lets see how it all pans out, but all parties are relaxed and going about our business as normal. paper work for importing electronically filed already. I've paid the tax rate for the respective countries but not paid customs charge yet.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

So you only find pictures of boris eating ice cream offensive. Strange.

Oh....I get it, of course, you're one of those far left types that get offended when you see the union jack flag. I see now.

Im very much offended when its flying in the corner of my country's flag. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Oh please! He was just trying to have a quiet meal with his family and was rudely intruded on by the paparazzologists? :rolleyes: It was a pure publicity gimmick. It's got a whole entry to itself on Wiki the pedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Miliband_bacon_sandwich_photograph

Boris is a media tart and thats that. Whether he's waving the Union Jack suspended from the ground or talking chit on a bus covered in slogans the man does nothing without a fair degree of drama. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 8:16 PM, stevewinn said:

Trade happens between people to give you an example i've had no problem placing a two thousand pound order with a German company and a one half thousand with a Dutch company. both to be delivered between the second and third week of November. supplier is supplying to the demand and no problem with delivery either. lets see how it all pans out, but all parties are relaxed and going about our business as normal. paper work for importing electronically filed already. I've paid the tax rate for the respective countries but not paid customs charge yet.

Well trade being what it is, is based on current laws, not something that hasnt happened yet. Because everyone is Europe is banking on the adults in UK to clear up the mess there are no guarantees it will happen. Interesting to not the the Queen seems to be mildly disappointed in the direction of Boris's brexit and more importantly the break-up of the UK. I wonder what impact she'll have on brexit and parliament if she starts voicing her dissatisfactions? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/07/could-the-queen-sack-boris-johnson-the-experts-are-divided

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Well trade being what it is, is based on current laws, not something that hasnt happened yet. Because everyone is Europe is banking on the adults in UK to clear up the mess there are no guarantees it will happen. Interesting to not the the Queen seems to be mildly disappointed in the direction of Boris's brexit and more importantly the break-up of the UK. I wonder what impact she'll have on brexit and parliament if she starts voicing her dissatisfactions? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/07/could-the-queen-sack-boris-johnson-the-experts-are-divided

It's dead easy trading. Through the power of the Internet I order from all four corners of the world. Australia Canada, USA. China, Even a DVD from New Zealand via amazon Market Place. 

When we leave the EU as my order hits these shores the customs and excise will do what they currently do, electronically file it not to be delivered until the duty as been paid. 

When I got a package from the US it was sent via the US mail service.(tracked) it hit the UK. I got a email informing me duty needed paying, I chose to pay it on line and it was delivered to my door without delay. 

Marvellous this modern world stuff. So, I guess what your saying is the EU unlike the modern world will be unable to operate like everyone else. Long delays, unable to post deliver to the UK ect... 

As for the Queen and what her thoughts are. No one knows because she remains neutral and never let's her opinion be known. 

Interesting article in The Guardian (of all places) about the state of mind of remainers.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/13/brexit-remain-radicalisation-fbpe-peoples-vote?CMP=share_btn_tw

extract:-

"The question, though, is whether any other cause will stir the same passion in remainists as their current struggle. This is the crux of the leftwing critique of remainism: the charge that remainists are fixated with Brexit at the expense of everything else – and that rather than seeking to transform the country for the better, they just want to turn back the clock to the time before the referendum when they didn’t have to think about politics because it didn’t impinge upon their privileged bubble."

and:-

"At the end of the afternoon, Sodem gathered around the gate to parliament for their daily “shout”. Bray yelled into a metal loudhailer, leading them through a series of slogans – “b******s to Boris” and “Stop Brexit”. Afterwards, a protester told me that when she had drawn tarot cards, they showed that Britain would stay in the EU. But it wasn’t certain. “I did that six months ago,” she said. “Energies can change.”

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, stevewinn said:

It's dead easy trading. Through the power of the Internet I order from all four corners of the world. Australia Canada, USA. China, Even a DVD from New Zealand via amazon Market Place. 

When we leave the EU as my order hits these shores the customs and excise will do what they currently do, electronically file it not to be delivered until the duty as been paid. 

When I got a package from the US it was sent via the US mail service.(tracked) it hit the UK. I got a email informing me duty needed paying, I chose to pay it on line and it was delivered to my door without delay. 

Marvellous this modern world stuff. So, I guess what your saying is the EU unlike the modern world will be unable to operate like everyone else. Long delays, unable to post deliver to the UK ect... 

As for the Queen and what her thoughts are. No one knows because she remains neutral and never let's her opinion be known. 

Lol, so the proper measure of a successful UK trade agreement is can stevewinn order from Amazon cheaply. I bet the Queen doesn’t give a royal fig for Amazon. Something tells me that national unity and the economy are important and considering what’s going on she’s chitting bricks ( pardon the French).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Lol, so the proper measure of a successful UK trade agreement is can stevewinn order from Amazon cheaply. I bet the Queen doesn’t give a royal fig for Amazon. Something tells me that national unity and the economy are important and considering what’s going on she’s chitting bricks ( pardon the French).

It's not about ordering from amazon. But how easy it is to purchase and receive goods from around the world. Something which you were clearly oblivious to. Otherwise you wouldnt have originally posted the nonsense you did, unless your saying your beloved EU cannot do what the rest of the world can. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Yes and then tried to make the most of it by sensationalising it. No one eats ice cream like that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

It's not about ordering from amazon. But how easy it is to purchase and receive goods from around the world. Something which you were clearly oblivious to. Otherwise you wouldnt have originally posted the nonsense you did, unless your saying your beloved EU cannot do what the rest of the world can. 

No stevewinn you’re postulating buying American as a measure of good trade. Britain is already a member of a free trade region larger the America that offers more products and services cheaply that you have completely ignored, so Britain can become an economic vassel to the U.S. as long as you get to buy what it is you enjoying buying over the net. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

No stevewinn you’re postulating buying American as a measure of good trade. Britain is already a member of a free trade region larger the America that offers more products and services cheaply that you have completely ignored, so Britain can become an economic vassel to the U.S. as long as you get to buy what it is you enjoying buying over the net. 

Lets remember it was you who said we'd be cutting off half of our trade. I asked for evidence. You failed to provide. With it not forthcoming i explained how trade happens outside of the EU. Its simple its easy. Except you think its complicated and you have to be a vassal of the EU in order trade. total rubbish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Lets remember it was you who said we'd be cutting off half of our trade. I asked for evidence. You failed to provide. With it not forthcoming i explained how trade happens outside of the EU. Its simple its easy. Except you think its complicated and you have to be a vassal of the EU in order trade. total rubbish.

Well you’re encumbering half your trade with tariffs and subjecting U.S. trade to open trade. That’s what hard Brexit is. I thought we’d already agreed on this? So what evidence are you after? 

So just to recap, stevewinn gets his Amazon deliveries tariff free and Keith the pig farmer from Dorset is outta a job because Dwayne from Idaho can flood the market with his cheap pork and Keith can’t compete because the U.S. subsidies Dwayne but the UK doesn’t care about Keith because stevewinn is getting his caramel fudge tariff free.

You really haven’t thought this through, eh stevewinn?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Well you’re encumbering half your trade with tariffs and subjecting U.S. trade to open trade. That’s what hard Brexit is. I thought we’d already agreed on this? So what evidence are you after? 

So just to recap, stevewinn gets his Amazon deliveries tariff free and Keith the pig farmer from Dorset is outta a job because Dwayne from Idaho can flood the market with his cheap pork and Keith can’t compete because the U.S. subsidies Dwayne but the UK doesn’t care about Keith because stevewinn is getting his caramel fudge tariff free.

You really haven’t thought this through, eh stevewinn?

Pure fantasy once again. Where do you dream up this rubbish.

Are you going to show evidence for these ramblings?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2019 at 7:08 AM, hetrodoxly said:

Is Boris about to pull the trigger.

Boris won’t be pulling chit. He has no mandate from the people to do anything. Every week that goes by piles on the pressure for Boris to prove he’s not walking the UK over the abyss. 

No confidence motion is only just a matter of counting MP’s. Boris will be lucky to see out the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Boris won’t be pulling chit. He has no mandate from the people to do anything. Every week that goes by piles on the pressure for Boris to prove he’s not walking the UK over the abyss. 

No confidence motion is only just a matter of counting MP’s. Boris will be lucky to see out the next couple of weeks.

Oh do you mean like they've been doing here over the past few leaderships Risky?  The vote of no confidence that began back in Rudd's days and I feel like it's become a dirty habit  they keep repeating over and over.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Oh do you mean like they've been doing here over the past few leaderships Risky?  The vote of no confidence that began back in Rudd's days and I feel like it's become a dirty habit  they keep repeating over and over.

Yep. Rinse, repeat and eventually replace until you come up with the right person one. Usually the result of a deficit of good politicians. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I enjoy talking to you so i’ll give it another go, pixiii. In some respects it shouldn’t be allowed imo. The leader of a party that gets elected, barring sickness should represent his/her party for the duration of the term. In this regard the Americans have it right. Even with Trump at the helm it shows that democracy is working. This opportunistic political back stabbing does us no favours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I enjoy talking to you so i’ll give it another go, pixiii. In some respects it shouldn’t be allowed imo. The leader of a party that gets elected, barring sickness should represent his/her party for the duration of the term. In this regard the Americans have it right. Even with Trump at the helm it shows that democracy is working. This opportunistic political back stabbing does us no favours. 

Aww same here Risky!  Even though we've got different political ideals, we still get a great chat in!  Love it! :lol: 

I totally agree, I don't feel it should be allowed.  If someone is put in due to a vote of no confidence in the designated party (whichever one it may be) it should go directly to a federal election imho.  Simply because, the Priminister is meant to be someone who we, as the voting-eligible citizens of the country voted for.  Not who the party got fed up with and decided to go behind each other's backs and do a sneaky little vote.  It's ridiculous, to me anyway.  Other's might think it's fabulous as the person they didn't want in, is now out or vice versa.  And that's right, it should be the entire term.  We elected them for the entire term.  They finish the entire term, then we get to vote again.  Rinse and Repeat.

I do feel bad for the American's though as I wish they'd get their heads wrapped around the fact that Trump is only going to be in for another 5 years at most.  It really doesn't have to be so dramatic imo, but then again, the media probably has a lot to answer for in that respect.  This is right, it's all about opportunism for these politicians, worldwide.  Stab each other in the back as soon as the other is turned.  Like clockwork even!  :lol:  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Aww same here Risky!  Even though we've got different political ideals, we still get a great chat in!  Love it! :lol: 

I totally agree, I don't feel it should be allowed.  If someone is put in due to a vote of no confidence in the designated party (whichever one it may be) it should go directly to a federal election imho.  Simply because, the Priminister is meant to be someone who we, as the voting-eligible citizens of the country voted for.  Not who the party got fed up with and decided to go behind each other's backs and do a sneaky little vote.  It's ridiculous, to me anyway.  Other's might think it's fabulous as the person they didn't want in, is now out or vice versa.  And that's right, it should be the entire term.  We elected them for the entire term.  They finish the entire term, then we get to vote again.  Rinse and Repeat.

I do feel bad for the American's though as I wish they'd get their heads wrapped around the fact that Trump is only going to be in for another 5 years at most.  It really doesn't have to be so dramatic imo, but then again, the media probably has a lot to answer for in that respect.  This is right, it's all about opportunism for these politicians, worldwide.  Stab each other in the back as soon as the other is turned.  Like clockwork even!  :lol:  

Yeah but to be fair to America Trump is like a cross of Boris Johnson, Kevin Rudd and bozo the clown. This orange gollum of weirdness is dangerous to all mankind and common sense. :)

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah but to be fair to America Trump is like a cross of Boris Johnson, Kevin Rudd and bozo the clown. This orange gollum of weirdness is dangerous to all mankind and common sense. :)

I love his hair and believe we need a thread dedicated to Trump's hair and nothing else. :w00t:   Every single time I see a meme of Trump's hair, I burst out laughing.  I feel a bit mean but I can't help it when I see his strange hair.  It just goes to show it doesn't matter how much money you have, you can still have "Troll Doll Hair".  Bless! :lol: 

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

download.jpg

images.jpg

• Haha 2

Does the government of Boris Johnson claim to support the "pro-Democracy" protestors in Hong Kong? How ironic is that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

What delusional ramblings are you making today? lol

I remember all US Presidents back to Reagan and Trump has been the best so far. Economic growth is up, the dollar is up, jobs are up, and the trade balance with China is down. He is cracking down on illegal immigration, has performed diplomatic miracles with North Korea and is looking at a way to be remembered by future generations - purchasing Greenland and turning it into Trumpland.

The guy is great, they should lift the two terms maximum for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

What delusional ramblings are you making today? lol

I remember all US Presidents back to Reagan and Trump has been the best so far. Economic growth is up, the dollar is up, jobs are up, and the trade balance with China is down. He is cracking down on illegal immigration, has performed diplomatic miracles with North Korea and is looking at a way to be remembered by future generations - purchasing Greenland and turning it into Trumpland.

The guy is great, they should lift the two terms maximum for him.

The US and the UK are the leading democracies in the world. is it any wonder that Brexit in the UK is happening and Trump in America. its not a coincidence the British and American people can see and sense their superpower status being handed away, with the British, the erosion of sovereignty and powers of democracy  slipping away. a sense of a more sinister motive in the same old systems of government which has seen the rise of Political correctness, multiculturalism and far left policies overtaken common sense. the sense that past leaders and their govts haven't always had the Nations best interests at heart. Your ordinary Joe on the street as watched and witnessed it all. Trump and Brexit is a consequence of past failed policies. the kick back by the Great people of the US & UK as started.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1