Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mueller Testifies before Congress (Live)

ExpandMyMind

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This assumes that the plan is for it to convince the Senate, or even for it to result in a vote in the House. What I think they are planning on doing is dragging it out. The impeachment process will result in testimony after testimony in an environment that removes the possibility of those testifying refusing to do so, which is what we've seen over the past few months where people have been outright refusing to answer questions. The whole objective of doing so would be to influence public opinion, not to actually impeach.

Of course you and others could definitely be right, and Pelosi could have no intention of impeaching in any way. Time will tell.

No, there's no profit in it and it dragged out once started. That would only end in failure closer to the election. No, a minority in the House Democrat Party want to feel good doing what they promised their electorate. In your government, it would be like surviving a confidence vote. as the closest analogy. No party in their right mind would impeach, knowing it would fail and failure would exact a steep political price. Enjoy the circus.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Gawd!  Progs are taking a victory lap and no new information came out of this waste of time.

Grasping at anything they can. Today was a whole lot of Mueller showing how much he really doesn't want to be involved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Nope not gonna give him the least bit of credit or respect!..

The guy came across as he was barely involved in his own report...Sorry if you don't like my conclusion fella,but i really don't give a damn.

There were some things he could have clarified and been much less vague on...this was an absolute waste of time.

If this old guy was this "foggy headed" during the investigation itself,the whole damn report should just be thrown out...

The only damn thing they could finally pull outta his ass was when Shiff asked him "if not illegal,would you agree unethical"..."yes but unethical isn't criminal"

Wow what a breakthrough in the case,politicians doing "unethical" things...who could imagine! :lol:

No problem king.  If you don't like my opinion, that's fine.  We don't have to agree with each other.  You do know that he was ordered not to say anything beyond the report.  With both the Dems and Repubs trying to get him outside the lines, he couldn't answer , there was not a lot to say.

Funny that we are all so complacent with politicians doing unethical things.   I am not just talking about the administration here either but both parties in Congress.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Noted Trump-hater and ardent lover of all things edible Michael Moore summed up Mueller's testimony best:

Yes, Michael Moore has finally thrown in the towel.

(censored portion said (S T F U)

Because Micheal Moore's opinion is worth the dog crap I occasionally scrape off my boots.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Gawd!  Progs are taking a victory lap and no new information came out of this waste of time.

Funny, I missed that parade, mostly just conservs cheering about no new information.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Funny, I missed that parade, mostly just conservs cheering about no new information.

That's happening too.

• Like 1

One thing this did show again is how divided we are as a nation and how tall the wall is between the two sides.   it leads me to believe nothing will be accomplished more substantial than affixing blame.   We are just going to deride and point fingers at each other while roads and bridges crumble and our education system falls behind. Sad for all involved to see a great nation crippled by pettiness and partisan wrangling.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Nope not gonna give him the least bit of credit or respect!..

You are a harsh critic.  What do you say to a guy who thinks the sound of windmills causes cancer, the kidneys are very important pieces of the heart, that there were airports in 1776, and has trouble clearly saying "God Bless the Unirreter Starrtds."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

No problem king.  If you don't like my opinion, that's fine.  We don't have to agree with each other.  You do know that he was ordered not to say anything beyond the report.  With both the Dems and Repubs trying to get him outside the lines, he couldn't answer , there was not a lot to say.

Funny that we are all so complacent with politicians doing unethical things.   I am not just talking about the administration here either but both parties in Congress.  

Yeah not trying to be an ass towards ya,this whole dog and pony show was just a colossal waste of time and no doubt money...now Congress can go "recess" away for about 6 weeks after todays hard earned pay lol

The guy didn't just appear like he couldn't answers questions (yeah i know some things he is not allowed to speak on) he down right seemed as if he didn't know what the hell was even being asked!

He may be a bit past his prime to have tried to untangle all of this mess at this point in his life...he should consider himself lucky if Dems don't go back through all his rabble rousing and make him appear again to make himself clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

So, wait, if I make plans to murder someone but they don't get murdered, then there was no crime? Cool. That'll come in handy.

If the "plans to murder someone" is you telling the person you want them to die and giving them a mean look then I suppose that would be a comparable theoretical situation.

Edited by spartan max2

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You are a harsh critic.  What do you say to a guy who thinks the sound of windmills causes cancer, the kidneys are very important pieces of the heart, that there were airports in 1776, and has trouble clearly saying "God Bless the Unirreter Starrtds."

He says some really stupid s*** sometimes...i've said it a thousand times,right here in this very forum ;)

But none of that stupidity has caused a 50/50 split and pure hatred among average everyday Americans!

Hell now that video of Tlaib and Omar has appeared from years before telling Trump and others to "go back where you came from"...i think i was being an unfair critic toward him for that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

this whole dog and pony show was just a colossal waste of time and no doubt money...now Congress can go "recess" away for about 6 weeks after todays hard earned pay lol

Double like.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skliss said:

Or Mueller was confused...he didn't seem to know much of what was actually in the report at times.

4 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I honestly havn't seen anything new or compelling for either side...

Mueller can't seem to confirm,deny,or even answer many questions.

Guy is coming off as a demented old circus monkey!

Both of y'all are correct.  I think he clearly demonstrated that he was mostly clueless about the day to day decisions and even the writing of the report.  That says a LOT about him and his team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife is in Communicative disorders.  She got with some of her coworkers and they believe that Mueller is exhibiting early on-set dementia.  Of course, she must state a disclaimer that this is not an official diagnosis, just an opinion of experts.  With his disconnect from the report that bears his name, not knowing anything about Fusion GPS or who Glenn Simpson, Natalia Veselnitskaya, or even Joseph Misfud are,.might confirm that or an act of obstruction of justice.  In either case, this has tainted the Mueller report.  I feel like that scene from "Wizard of OZ" when the great and powerful OZ was revealed as a fraud.  The wonder was lost.  A great let down.  It was like hearing Mueller's voice for the first time several weeks ago during his press conference.  It was very similar to the Impressive Clergyman from "Princess Bride".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Future candidates and would-be candidates will at least have this model to follow, and even if some of their operatives get charged, they  will be totally safe..  

They can buy a share of their home town Ramada Inn or Motel 6 and an interest in the local golf course.  Then foreign "friends" can stay in their hotel, maybe book all of the rooms, or play golf on their courses without recording any contribution to their campaign, all quite legal.  

At campaign rallies, he or she can say, "China, I hope you are listening.  I need some dirt on my thoroughly disgraceful and dishonest opponent.  And China if you aren't listening, maybe Russia or North Korea or Pakistan can do me a solid. " 

Think either party will take the high ground if the other doesn't?  It will be self defense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's too bad Bill and Hillary firmly laid the foundation for that with their backdoor deals.

We can be pretty sure a flippant remark, during some obscure campaign rally, won't be taken as a deal in the great scheme of things. If the media hadn't gone 24/7 coverage on it they probably would never had heard it.

Even Snopes can't deny this little live mic nugget with Obama either.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-more-flexibility-russia/

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

But none of that stupidity has caused a 50/50 split and pure hatred among average everyday Americans!

No, I think the percentage is more like at least 60%, if not more. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

At campaign rallies, he or she can say, "China, I hope you are listening.  I need some dirt on my thoroughly disgraceful and dishonest opponent.  And China if you aren't listening, maybe Russia or North Korea or Pakistan can do me a solid. "

That was a joke?

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats kinda naive in 21st century America. We have multiple examples of McConnell refusing to bring a bill to a vote because he knew the POTUS wouldnt support it. The sycophancy is really really unhealthy and doesnt allow America to operate as you describe above.

Hmm.. not really. For example, that's how the UN Security Council works. Usually, a motion won't be tabled unless the Secretary General has already taken soundings as to whether the motion is likely to pass or not ? 

Thats what he believes. IMO we need to tighten up the verbiage in article 2 BADLY.

The way i understand executive power, as understood by the founders, is that POTUS has the power to execute the will of congress.

The way some, including our current POTUS, read it is executive - as in CEO type power.

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/articles/article-ii

I don't think that is correct @Farmer77. Executive Power means the ability to implement something without reference to any other groups or bodies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I feel like that scene from "Wizard of OZ" when the great and powerful OZ was revealed as a fraud.  The wonder was lost.  A great let down.  It was like hearing Mueller's voice for the first time several weeks ago during his press conference.  It was very similar to the

The Dems elevated him to superhero status ...... wasn't there even a Mueller comic book? ...... and now we see he has feet of clay. If I knew I was going to be grilled for hours in front of a congressional committee,  about a report with my name on it, and I had weeks before that was going to happen, I would spend that time reading and studying said report. I have doubts he even read it. It wasn't MY report yet I know who Fusion GPS is!

• Like 3

This had such small outcome when all was said and done that the network morning shows are featuring the resignation of Peurto Rico’s governor.

After months of low level government officials trying to make themselves more important by getting in front of cameras insisting that we need to hear about the report from Mueller himself we can thank them for wasting our time and money. 

• Thanks 1

Today, they are working to subpoena Ivanka and Jared's emails.  :rolleyes:  I first thought they were focused on hatred but now I realize that they really don't have anything else.  That party has lost its way and is actually beginning to be openly anti-American.  I guess we'll see how that plan works for them next year.  

• Sad 1

Of the several spankings the old goober took yesterday, THIS was my favorite.  I don't even know who this guy is but he NAILED IT! 

This gets at the very heart of the illegality of the Special Counsel's actions in publishing part two of this report.  This guy wasn't disrespectful.  He was purely logical and respectful and Mueller should be ashamed for what he put his name to here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is getting to be like looking at clouds.  One kid sees a dragon, the other sees a map of Italy.  Both sides are finding enough material from the same report to consolidate their views.  Everybody gets to see what they want to see.

I really liked the Southern Republican Congressman who threw down his prepared statement in an immigration hearing and said, "No offense to the witnesses, but we have heard your testimony several times already.  What will make this time any different?"

In frustration he said something like,  "Our job in Congress is to bring forward, debate and pass legislation, not hold hearings and issue press statements."  I don't care what letter he has in parenthesis after his name or even if I agree with everything he says. , he is a guy I would vote for.because he has integrity.

37 minutes ago, and then said:

Of the several spankings the old goober took yesterday, THIS was my favorite.  I don't even know who this guy is but he NAILED IT! 

This gets at the very heart of the illegality of the Special Counsel's actions in publishing part two of this report.  This guy wasn't disrespectful.  He was purely logical and respectful and Mueller should be ashamed for what he put his name to here.

From the logic of that one to the logic of this one.  Another nail in the coffin:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1