Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raw chicken crawls off restaurant table

Still Waters

Well it must have been really fresh then, freshly butchered meat often spasms, as the article points out.

Never been a fan of cook-it-yourself restaurants...

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Never been a fan of cook-it-yourself restaurants.

It's more like kill-it-yourself!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Raw chicken is notorious for spreading food poisoning if you don't carefully clean the areas you prepare it on or the utensils you use, and your hands after handling it. The CDC just started a big controversy about not washing raw chicken before you cook it. I'd never eat in a restaurant that would bring raw chicken out on a plate.

• Like 6

Oh for pete's sake.. it's a set up. It's OBVIOUS to my eyes that the piece of chicken is being pulled off the plate - and then the table - by fishing twine or some other translucent cord.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh for pete's sake.. it's a set up. It's OBVIOUS to my eyes that the piece of chicken is being pulled off the plate - and then the table - by fishing twine or some other translucent cord.

Yeah... but it reminds me of an old joke:  Customer to chef:  "This steak isn't rare enough!"  He answers - "Sir,  a good Vet could still save that animal!" :w00t:

• Haha 5

there is no way that pulled b a string...there is that piece that does a rotational type movement that a linear pull could not achieve.

• Haha 1

It is a prank.  My grandson watches a lot of those videos. 

32 minutes ago, pbarosso said:

there is no way that pulled b a string...there is that piece that does a rotational type movement that a linear pull could not achieve.

yup it could, if the string was attached, and then the piece of chicken turned upside down. When the string is pulled, the chicken will rotate around its own axis in an uneven fashion.... just as we see in the video. 

• Like 2

Obviously we are not getting the details right. For one it doesnt look like raw chicken which no restaurant could serve... So what is it?

1 minute ago, Nnicolette said:

Obviously we are not getting the details right. For one it doesnt look like raw chicken which no restaurant could serve... So what is it?

A prank video.

It's neither a prank nor is it chicken. It is most probably fresh turtle meat that salt was added to causing the muscles to engage. Frog legs do the same thing. Most amphibian meat will.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tentacles do the same thing when separated from the central body and so do reptile tails.  I am with Imaginarynumber1 in that it doesn't look like chicken also.

• Like 2

I don't know what's going on here, but I did NOT enjoy watching that. brrrwuhbububub nope 

On 7/25/2019 at 7:39 PM, Still Waters said:

The terrifying moment when a piece of raw chicken appears to come back to life on a restaurant table has been caught on video.

Footage shows a plate of raw meat, alongside other food, on a restaurant table but then shows a piece of chicken begin to twitch.

After hoisting itself upwards, the carcass yanks itself off the diner’s plate as a terrified onlooker can be heard screaming.

The chicken then lands on to the floor as the woman continues screaming.

The footage was posted to Facebook by Rie Phillips two weeks ago and has been seen more than four million times.

https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/viral-video-shows-zombie-chicken-come-back-to-life-and-crawl-off-table/news-story/a94f3e16e5c8dfd5ad7ac97124fdba23

I have seen this happen with freshly killed and cut up Squid, the legs crawl all over the place. But I have never seen a piece of meat move like that. There must be something attached making it move.

Edited by Manwon Lender

I'm so happy that no one has yet said. "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off"!   I actually saw it happen...once.

it really can happen.

4 hours ago, lightly said:

I'm so happy that no one has yet said. "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off"!   I actually saw it happen...once.

it really can happen.

I've seen that too ... it can happen. My uncle used to slaughter the ones he raised for food. Pretty gross for a 5 year old to watch.

51 minutes ago, AnonsMouse said:

I've seen that too ... it can happen. My uncle used to slaughter the ones he raised for food. Pretty gross for a 5 year old to watch.

Haha...yup, I was about 8 I think.   I'm glad you saw it happen too!  i suppose it's hard to believe..unless you've seen it !

My husband was had the same thing with an eel, but it was still in the pan

As pointed out, that does not look like chicken. 

Below is why my husbands eel was still moving and highly likely why this piece of meat was too:

The sodium ions in the salt (i.e. sodium chloride) cause the nerves to fire and therefore make the muscles contract. This only works if the meat has been freshly killed, as it still requires some live cells.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/eel-squirms-around-when-it-s-sprinkled-salt/

• Thanks 1