Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alleged 'Bigfoot howl' recorded in Kentucky

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Alleged 'Bigfoot howl' recorded in Kentucky

Regardless of what you think about the existence of Sasquatch that sounded pretty creepy. 

• Like 6

I don't doubt the guy's belief that it is BF, but I do have doubts about that.

I've heard far more convincing audio than that. I remember a Discovery show where guy had some audio. Damn, it would send chills up and down your spine. Real loud, guttural. And a search  into an animal voice database proved fruitless. They could not match the voice in his recording with any known species. They said the ones that came closest were hominids.

That's far more the tell.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 3

It isn't a mountain lion.  I have heard people make that sound in a big foot calling contest.  But the lower sound is creepy, maybe like a moose except it is kentucky, too hot for moose.

• Like 1

One would actually need to see what was making the howling to make a proper claim of what it was or was not.

• Like 6

It is a panther or a bobcat, I have heard them.  They can sound really strange when looking for a mate.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

They can sound really strange when looking for a mate.

Can't we all  lol :cat:

• Haha 3

At first I thought he was hearing a bird as that's all I could hear.  Then I heard that deep growl type sound, quite far off I'd think?  It didn't sound near.  As I'm not familiar with the species of animals there, I really couldn't say.  However, I was thinking, wouldn't it be more likely to find a random mountain lion there (even though they've been rarely seen in Kentucky for over a 100 years) than a Bigfoot?  :huh: 

• Like 1

It was kinda hard to hear it, maybe big foot stubbed his toe:D

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I don't doubt the guy's belief that it is BF, but I do have doubts about that.

I've heard far more convincing audio than that. I remember a Discovery show where guy had some audio. Damn, it would send chills up and down your spine. Real loud, guttural. And a search  into an animal voice database proved fruitless. They could not match the voice in his recording with any known species. They said the ones that came closest were hominids.

That's far more the tell.

Can you please provide a link to the most convincing audio? :ph34r:

Lynx be talkin'

And they make even weirder noises when horny.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Wimpiest redneck to ever post a video. I've heard stranger noises from down the street.

• Haha 3

• Thanks 4

i hunted up my deep woods sound translator while its always balky in the Kentucky setting mode it seems to be saying something to the effect of " lets you just drop dem pants, come on now squeal"

• Haha 1

I have to say it COULD be a cat but it could also be a black bear. I hear they're making a comeback in Kentucky and I've heard them make some crazy, almost human vocalizations before. It's very unnerving when they do that. Or of course it could also be a Sasquatch, I guess. Whatever it is it sounds pretty large. Keeping the dogs in the house is probably the right move.

Edited by Calibeliever
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Resume said:

Lynx be talkin'

And they make even weirder noises when horny.

They didn't seem too horny to me. Probably arguing where to spot the football, or something :)

• Haha 3

Sounds like the forests around here. Nothing unusual. One definitely sounds like a lynx. One may be a bear - wasn't loud enough to be sure.

Maybe boar? We don't have those locally in our forests (not that I've seen or heard) but some areas of Kentucky do ... but then, neither do we have the sasquatch or bigfoot here ;)

On 7/25/2019 at 4:17 PM, Don Caesar said:

Pfft.

Yeah.

5 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

I have to say it COULD be a cat but it could also be a black bear. I hear they're making a comeback in Kentucky and I've heard them make some crazy, almost human vocalizations before. It's very unnerving when they do that. Or of course it could also be a Sasquatch, I guess. Whatever it is it sounds pretty large. Keeping the dogs in the house is probably the right move.

When you throw "it could have" into the mix, the results are wide open.  It "could have" been a tear in the time/space continuum.  It "could have" been a Brazilian waxing gone wrong.  It "could have" been  "millions of voices suddenly cr(ying)out in terror, and... suddenly silenced". 

None of that is proof of anything at all.

• Thanks 1