Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alleged 'Bigfoot howl' recorded in Kentucky

UM-Bot

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

They didn't seem too horny to me. Probably arguing where to spot the football, or something :)

The most fascinating thing about that video is how that bobcat is down on his hocks. What's with that?

21 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

The most fascinating thing about that video is how that bobcat is down on his hocks. What's with that?

Maybe he's horny.  LOL I don't know 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Maybe he's horny.  LOL I don't know 

Is that what happens?  "Honey, I want you so I'm going to walk on my knees..."   

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, acute said:

I think it was Placido Domingo warming up.

Or some big boned Kentucky girl getting some delight.;)

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, ScotDeerie said:

When you throw "it could have" into the mix, the results are wide open.  It "could have" been a tear in the time/space continuum.  It "could have" been a Brazilian waxing gone wrong.  It "could have" been  "millions of voices suddenly cr(ying)out in terror, and... suddenly silenced". 

None of that is proof of anything at all.

I emphasized cat because that seemed to be the prevailing consensus I read. To me it didn't sound exactly like a black bear (possibly *shrug*), maybe a really excited one.

Nice Adams reference :) As a reward, I will now read you some poetry.

Yes, it was Star Wars. Getting coffee now.

Edited by Calibeliever
Ah jeez, just realized that was Star Wars, to early in the am. Here's some nice poetry anyway....
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

I emphasized cat because that seemed to be the prevailing consensus I read. To me it didn't sound exactly like a black bear (possibly *shrug*), maybe a really excited one.

Nice Adams reference :) As a reward, I will now read you some poetry.

Yes, it was Star Wars. Getting coffee now.

Do they serve coffee at The Long, Dark Teatime of the Soul?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

Do they serve coffee at The Long, Dark Teatime of the Soul?

Not sure, but being possessed by the 4 billion year old ghost of a Salaxian engineer would explain a lot of my recent behavior. 

• Haha 1

It sounds like a Bobcat, they are well known around that state and have a high population. https://www.wlwt.com/article/bobcats-in-northern-kentucky-they-re-more-common-than-you-think/13817112

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:51 PM, Calibeliever said:

I have to say it COULD be a cat but it could also be a black bear. I hear they're making a comeback in Kentucky and I've heard them make some crazy, almost human vocalizations before. It's very unnerving when they do that. Or of course it could also be a Sasquatch, I guess. Whatever it is it sounds pretty large. Keeping the dogs in the house is probably the right move.

https://fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Pages/Black-Bears.aspx

Bears are doing well in the eastern portion of the state where they are pouring over from Virginia and Tennessee.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

https://fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Pages/Black-Bears.aspx

Bears are doing well in the eastern portion of the state where they are pouring over from Virginia and Tennessee.

Hell they're doing well in general across North America. This is an older piece by a few years, but the bear is rebounding across the Eastern U.S.;

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/150626-black-bears-animals-science-nation-conservation/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Hell they're doing well in general across North America. This is an older piece by a few years, but the bear is rebounding across the Eastern U.S.;

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/150626-black-bears-animals-science-nation-conservation/

yes, yes they are but for the love of God and anything scared to you do NOT suggest even one bigfoot sighting is a mistaken bear or a wrath and furor will fall on you of unspeakable horrors :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Thanks for the info. Some posters have been falsely claiming that bears are not found in all states. The article is talking about breeding populations and bears do cross into or spend some time in 49 states according to articles and state government reports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Thanks for the info. Some posters have been falsely claiming that bears are not found in all states. The article is talking about breeding populations and bears do cross into or spend some time in 49 states according to articles and state government reports.

Here at the beach we have young males chased out of the Great Dismal Swamp by older males and they follow the electric power line right of way all the way down to the beach, get frightened and climb up a tree.  In Virginia there is a population explosion of black bears.    https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/bear/living-with-black-bears/

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Here at the beach we have young males chased out of the Great Dismal Swamp by older males and they follow the electric power line right of way all the way down to the beach, get frightened and climb up a tree.  In Virginia there is a population explosion of black bears.    https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/bear/living-with-black-bears/

I love bears and have 3 that visit my backyard especially one I have named Cuddles. Cuddles loves to destroy my birdfeeders. I finally stopped Cuddles and his minions with an array of defenses from large baffles to smooth stout poles to barbed wire. 

I need to make a trip some day to the Great Dismal swamp to bike the numerous trails. I understand that it is full of bear.

cheers

29 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I love bears and have 3 that visit my backyard especially one I have named Cuddles. Cuddles loves to destroy my birdfeeders. I finally stopped Cuddles and his minions with an array of defenses from large baffles to smooth stout poles to barbed wire. 

I need to make a trip some day to the Great Dismal swamp to bike the numerous trails. I understand that it is full of bear.

cheers

There are a lot of them in there but I haven't personally seen any unfortunately.

On 7/31/2019 at 6:54 PM, the13bats said:

yes, yes they are but for the love of God and anything scared to you do NOT suggest even one bigfoot sighting is a mistaken bear or a wrath and furor will fall on you of unspeakable horrors :rolleyes:

Yeah but let's not forget that the map of bears in America that showed 7-8 states with no bear was back in the day. Since then, bear populations grew and more states came in. But many many a big foot sighting came in states that had no bear at the time of the BF report.

that's really getting more to it

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

38 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yeah but let's not forget that the map of bears in America that showed 7-8 states with no bear was back in the day. Since then, bear populations grew and more states came in. But many many a big foot sighting came in states that had no bear at the time of the BF report.

that's really getting more to it

Nice you concede that bears can be in 49.

contrary to what some would like to make up about me never have i said bears make up all of alleged bf sightings, i said they do make up some and i personally feel its close minded to say a bear is an impossible if its possible a bear could have roamed there, within reason of course.

in research i have done i saw a huge jump in bf sightings just after the patterson hoax film and i have serious doubts thats because there was a population explosion in bigfoot, far more likely a lot of folks wanted to belong to the "ive seen bigfoot club"

• Like 1

The problem is that one poster cannot be truthful about anything including what others post.

The original claim was laughable. The claim was that bears did not exist in 10 states mostly in the South. That's actually where the bears are.  Here is the quote.

There are 10 states with no bears, in the south.  

Was that a guess or just a mistaken idea?  Well here was the response which if course was dead wrong as usual.

No, stereo, there is *no mistake*. I said "10 states with no bear", and the last I checked, 10 out of 50 is not "most",

There we have it. Doubled down on the glaring error and misrepresented what I posted. What I wrote was "After that there is the mistake of not knowing bears occur is[sic] most states"

Bears were marked on the map as breeding areas, not places they were reported. Misrepresenting the map information is typical and no matter how many articles I provided showing that bears did appear in those areas did not matter since someone had an agenda of telling lies.

Just as the lie is that there are posters claiming no UFOs ever, the lie here is that anyone has claimed that BF sightings can be assigned to a single cause let alone bears.

All we can expect is falsehoods and having our posts constantly misrepresented.

• Thanks 2

On 8/1/2019 at 11:05 PM, the13bats said:

Nice you concede that bears can be in 49.

Yea, I felt all along that the original map was right because we've done this before at UM. But bear population explosion works. So it is but a simple step now, to say all BF sightings before 2010. Then you can claim their were 7-8 states with no bear, meaning, the argument still holds.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:05 PM, the13bats said:

contrary to what some would like to make up about me never have i said bears make up all of alleged bf sightings, i said they do make up some and i personally feel its close minded to say a bear is an impossible if its possible a bear could have roamed there, within reason of course.

in research i have done i saw a huge jump in bf sightings just after the patterson hoax film and i have serious doubts thats because there was a population explosion in bigfoot, far more likely a lot of folks wanted to belong to the "ive seen bigfoot club"

The explosion could be full of phonies, but there also may be some people coming forward that would not before the Patterson film. It's kinda' like #METOO, one comes forward, and all of a sudden, you have several.

Here is what I may look at. If these bears came into states that never had bear before, then the BF sightings should be higher then ever before, if bears are in fact being confused with BF.  Also, I am going to look at data - if available, to see if I can take one state and get a good map of where the bears are in that state. Then, simply compare the two areas and see if the BF sightings per area are the same or if they differ. It is simple *if* the proper data/map is available.

I'll keep ya posted 

44 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yea, I felt all along that the original map was right because we've done this before at UM. But bear population explosion works. So it is but a simple step now, to say all BF sightings before 2010. Then you can claim their were 7-8 states with no bear, meaning, the argument still holds.

The explosion could be full of phonies, but there also may be some people coming forward that would not before the Patterson film. It's kinda' like #METOO, one comes forward, and all of a sudden, you have several.

Here is what I may look at. If these bears came into states that never had bear before, then the BF sightings should be higher then ever before, if bears are in fact being confused with BF.  Also, I am going to look at data - if available, to see if I can take one state and get a good map of where the bears are in that state. Then, simply compare the two areas and see if the BF sightings per area are the same or if they differ. It is simple *if* the proper data/map is available.

I'll keep ya posted 

EoT, you are arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  Before we start arguing minutiae you have to solve one massive, incontrovertible problem which is that Bigfoot even exists.  Without any, and I mean ZERO, physical proof of this creature's existence, every other argument is rendered moot.  Meanwhile you are debating bear populations. 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'll keep ya posted 

earl, go read what merc14 posted.

Im not sure how the whole bear thing got all blown up to where it now ( a troll or 2 were involved )  im going to clearify it this last time as i dont like what i post or meant to be manipulated.

I do not believe in bigfoot, while i do not slam and lock the door that its 100% impossible the evidence or lack there of points to the fact bf doesnt exist.

So i believe alleged sightings of bf are people making it up, lying, hoaxing, mistaking other creatures or things for a bf, and my list includes bears but it will prove zero to me that you take your time to try to prove some state never had a bear in it  i never said bear make up most bf sightings, but they do make up some.

and while im here the idea bf is some paranormal otherworldly creature has zero substance for me, it far more ridiculous than to for example say 100% of alleged bf sightings are bears, at least bears are proven to exist and proven to be mistaken for bf, but then so are humans  deer, moose etc.

so if you want to study it for personal reasons go nuts but to come back and suggest before 2010 no wayward bears ever roamed into xxxx ill just file that away under ridiculous trolling.

Try using your time to prove bf exists.

21 hours ago, Merc14 said:

EoT, you are arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  Before we start arguing minutiae you have to solve one massive, incontrovertible problem which is that Bigfoot even exists.  Without any, and I mean ZERO, physical proof of this creature's existence, every other argument is rendered moot.  Meanwhile you are debating bear populations. 

I understand but for my own curiosity and that of others, I'd really like to see if the bear population has an influence on BF sightings. 

I say no, or it is minimal.

17 hours ago, the13bats said:

so if you want to study it for personal reasons go nuts but to come back and suggest before 2010 no wayward bears ever roamed into xxxx ill just file that away under ridiculous trolling.

Try using your time to prove bf exists.

And of course, I am aware that you are no believer in BF and UM certainly allows for both types, believers and not.

I already thought of a way to compare an area in a given state that could only have a rogue bear or two, versus an area with a known number of bears. And I still believe it has meaning to do so. 

Merc and you think I am wasting my time, and I could be. But I think people who don't believe in BF and go to BF threads are the ones that are really wasting their time. But that is my opinion. I never thought about getting into with flat earthers. Why should I waste time? And I do not at all liken myself to a flat earther because BF has never been disproven. BIG dif. But you two clearly think I am right there with the FE-ers.

Anyway... I understand your frustration a lot better than your arguing the same points all the time about a creature you do not believe in

• Like 1