Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Mass Arrest' of US Marines on Camp Pendleton

ExpandMyMind

Sixteen Marines were arrested during battalion formation at Camp Pendleton Thursday, accused of illegal activities ranging from drug-related offenses to human smuggling, officials said.

Officials with the 1st Marine Division of the U.S. Marine Corps said representatives with Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) were also involved in what they called the “mass arrests.”

NBC

Can't wait to see the movie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

pretty funny,   though the article is blown out , it was 16 low to no ranking grunts. The crimes are bad but could of been a lot worse.

This is just a fraction of the crimes that go on, non stop that do not get reported in the media, plenty of soldiers are kicked out and arrested on drug charges,  to every crime you can imagine. An no one gives a flying turd about battalion commanders.  An this is just a minor headache.

you want worse.?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sexual-assault-reports-u-s-military-reach-record-high-pentagon-n753566

The U.S does have the best and technologically advanced military in the world, but to pretend that crimes are few and far in between and that the military is just over flowing with the cream of the crop is just punch happy dreaming.   Commanders are more worried about their own asses and careers than they are about crimes, they would prefer to sweep things as deep under the rug as possible let the military police and the military courts handle it and nothing more.  If you ever see anyone with any rank worth a damn, in the media reporting on their battalion . platoon. what ever, it is because it is their ass/ career on the line and the person is trying to save it, not because he or she gives a crap about what happened.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Soldiers do stupid things just like anyone else, the only difference is the punishment is worst federal prison must suck.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

NBC

Can't wait to see the movie.

Hah, and they'll most likely make one too :lol:

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Soldiers do stupid things just like anyone else, the only difference is the punishment is worst federal prison must suck.

Totally agree with you @Manwon Lender.  It's just like the lady said in the video/news report, "sometimes humans do bad things".  Glad they're caught and it seems they really wanted to make an example out of these ones too by arresting them all in front of their peers etc.  Just goes to show, traffickers aren't limited to the commonly labelled groups of "Coyotes" types?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

Hah, and they'll most likely make one too :lol:

Totally agree with you @Manwon Lender.  It's just like the lady said in the video/news report, "sometimes humans do bad things".  Glad they're caught and it seems they really wanted to make an example out of these ones too by arresting them all in front of their peers etc.  Just goes to show, traffickers aren't limited to the commonly labelled groups of "Coyotes" types?  

good point,  16 low ranking, non important grunts, it does sound like they were just making an example out of them. and doubly so on traffickers not limited to a certain type. At least those scum bags are out, too bad the military isn't as harsh with lazy, irresponsible commanders and scum bag commanders, and just waits for the media to put those higher ups who are worthless and or criminals into the limelight which inturn forces the military to take action against them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

good point,  16 low ranking, non important grunts, it does sound like they were just making an example out of them. and doubly so on traffickers not limited to a certain type. At least those scum bags are out, too bad the military isn't as harsh with lazy, irresponsible commanders and scum bag commanders, and just waits for the media to put those higher ups who are worthless and or criminals into the limelight which inturn forces the military to take action against them.

You make it seem like enlisted are just expendable trash.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Personally, I think it depends on your age and what country you come from.  Here back in the 80's and early 90's I remember I used to hear people say that the only people who joined the military were the ones that couldn't find a job.  I know that sounds absolutely awful in this day and age but there were certainly people who thought that way unfortunately.  Also, I must add that if you come from a family where previous members have served in history, it's slightly more common for the newer generations to enlist to serve for pride in their country etc. I think it's important to understand that some countries are nowhere near as focused on their military power (thus serving in the military etc) as the USA has been in the past up to current day.  I hope that makes sense! :lol: 

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

that is all the enlisted are to the Military, though that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Sure the enlisted have families and etc, but the leaders, do not care one bit about them, and who is in charge of the officers that are in charge ? The Politicians.  An I never made it seem like anything. It just is the way it is. 16 low ranking enlisted members who committed various crimes are not going to bring down the Marines.

More over the more serious crimes that are committed and covered up on a regular basis is what should be churning peoples stomachs in regards to crimes committed by military service members and their respective commanders. Covered up in the sense that it is prevented from reaching the media when ever possible. If ya want an example, how about Lynndie England, another low ranking service member, her crimes would of never been reported by anyone had it not been leaked to the media.  All with the knowledge of those who above her in rank.  A way more heinous crime that was committed versus this b.s story of a " mass raid " at Pendlton . As if they caught 16 master mind criminals who were going to over throw the Marine Corps.  So much b.s goes on in the military that does not get reported, that if you have not lived it or do not know someone who has, it just comes off as gossip. While most corporations in America have H.R departments to report issues to that range in problematic issues, from breaking company policy or even verge on being a criminal act. The U.S Military has no such thing. They have a Public Relations department to keep spinning what they want spun. An they have a military police, and a military court. that is it. The rest is handled internally by rank. An so put it like this, if you were in L.Englands unit, and you knew what England was doing, who her chain of command was that knew what she was doing, and you didn't like it, exactly who do you go to to report it? You are stuck on a military base that is for all purposes closed off from America, and now it is your word against everyone elses in your unit. Have fun trying to get any justice.

Is the military over piled with crap from head to toe, no. But the problem is if you are on the low end of the totem pole, and you want to file a bare complaint and get something changed so your life isn't a living hell, it starts with your chain of command, and if that chain of command doesn't care, you are screwed.  hell lets find another example, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehime_Maru_and_USS_Greeneville_collision

The basic gist of this article, is that a Submarine officer in command of this ship, performed a non emergency breach, and disregarded protocol in doing it and in the end a civilian ship was destroyed and lives lost on that civilian ship.   Every low ranking member on that submarine, that had half a brain cell in knowing how that procedure was to be enacted , should of refused the order given. The move was done out of ego and a want to impress the guests on board.  So it isn't just the enlisted in the military that screw up on the regular.  But when you are a low rank no one, standing up to stupidity is hard. an the repercussions even harder. Not impossible though. It would only took one person to disobey the order and potentially save lives.  

The examples go on and on. The military is a private world, and the pecking order is all on rank, and cliques. To think it is some noble institution of the cream of the crop is stupidity.

Edited by GLCsector3295
  • Like 1

Ouch, I didn't know that our military had fallen into such low disregard so recently.   Given this situation and the claim that a fairly substantial percentage are members of gangs, is it wise to have them guard our borders?  I shudder to think of what would happen if a squad or platoon decides to supplement their income by joining one of the cartels.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, GLCsector3295 said:

Commanders are more worried about their own asses and careers than they are about crimes, they would prefer to sweep things as deep under the rug as possible let the military police and the military courts handle it and nothing more.  If you ever see anyone with any rank worth a damn, in the media reporting on their battalion . platoon. what ever, it is because it is their ass/ career on the line and the person is trying to save it, not because he or she gives a crap about what happened.  

That simply is not true.

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

That simply is not true.

Like hell it isn't true.  

Edited by GLCsector3295

18 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Like hell it isn't true.  

I can state that in my over 24 years of active duty service, that it's never been the case. Every commanding officer I have had the privilege of serving with to a person was deeply concerned and invested in the Soldiers they were charged to lead. Maybe you have a personal matter you would like to bring up that would highlight your opinion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

I can state that in my over 24 years of active duty service, that it's never been the case. Every commanding officer I have had the privilege of serving with to a person was deeply concerned and invested in the Soldiers they were charged to lead. Maybe you have a personal matter you would like to bring up that would highlight your opinion?

your 24 yrs isnt the standard, an more over I already listed two factual articles to prove my point in the failures of leadership in the military , the article that started this thread is just another one, if those leaders at Pendelton were the same glorious people that you had the privilege of brown nosing while you were in,  and they were on top of their stuff, they would of caught , and handled them long before it took a " Raid " to capture a handful of low ranking nothings , just because you had a fairy tale time in the military doesn't mean that is the standard everyone in the military goes through, on top of all that, I can understand that my statement came off as if i meaning all. And of course it doesn't obviously you found the only place in the military that had their act together and they must of spent so much time getting to know you, your family, and the same with everyone in their unit. An it was just all gee whilikers squared away.  slow claps, bravo for you.

An why would I share anything personal my experiences are proof enough for me not to mention I saw the same D.G.A.F treatment to others as well.  Sure there are " War time heros " and people who are not total scum bags, but in the military in this private bubble closed off to the rest of the world it is few and far inbetween and there shouldnt be this sugar coating that everything is just so awesome and that the bad crap that happens is few and rarely ever happens.

But I get it you feel the need to be a protector, so keep on. maybe if you keep up your defense and keep trying to waste my time ( which by the way this is the last of my time you are getting ) I can bet you at some point someone is going to brown nose you an say " thank you for your service ".    ( gags)

Im not bad mouthing the military, more over the military doesn't need you or anyone else to protect it even if i was or if any one was. the machine keeps on going with or with out the criticism.  The only thing i refuse to do is sugar coat things and let people be disillusioned to the tons of garbage that at least the military offers on a daily basis. An more over I can promise you that while you had it good for 24 years, there were others who were probably suffering that you took no notice to, or were daft too and had no clue.

The last word is yours, enjoy it. I wont be reading or back to this thread.

38 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

your 24 yrs isnt the standard, an more over I already listed two factual articles to prove my point in the failures of leadership in the military , the article that started this thread is just another one, if those leaders at Pendelton were the same glorious people that you had the privilege of brown nosing while you were in,  and they were on top of their stuff, they would of caught , and handled them long before it took a " Raid " to capture a handful of low ranking nothings , just because you had a fairy tale time in the military doesn't mean that is the standard everyone in the military goes through, on top of all that, I can understand that my statement came off as if i meaning all. And of course it doesn't obviously you found the only place in the military that had their act together and they must of spent so much time getting to know you, your family, and the same with everyone in their unit. An it was just all gee whilikers squared away.  slow claps, bravo for you.

An why would I share anything personal my experiences are proof enough for me not to mention I saw the same D.G.A.F treatment to others as well.  Sure there are " War time heros " and people who are not total scum bags, but in the military in this private bubble closed off to the rest of the world it is few and far inbetween and there shouldnt be this sugar coating that everything is just so awesome and that the bad crap that happens is few and rarely ever happens.

But I get it you feel the need to be a protector, so keep on. maybe if you keep up your defense and keep trying to waste my time ( which by the way this is the last of my time you are getting ) I can bet you at some point someone is going to brown nose you an say " thank you for your service ".    ( gags)

Im not bad mouthing the military, more over the military doesn't need you or anyone else to protect it even if i was or if any one was. the machine keeps on going with or with out the criticism.  The only thing i refuse to do is sugar coat things and let people be disillusioned to the tons of garbage that at least the military offers on a daily basis. An more over I can promise you that while you had it good for 24 years, there were others who were probably suffering that you took no notice to, or were daft too and had no clue.

The last word is yours, enjoy it. I wont be reading or back to this thread.

I'm not sure where your venom for the military in general is coming from then. You are negatively opinionated about it in general. I'm not discounting your experiences. However, I ask because it would aid in the discussion if we knew what has formed your opinion as it currently is. Your stance is that the military is a lawless organization that operates like the mafia, and again that's not true. Do Soldiers (human beings) make horrible choices and break the law? Yes. It's been happening since the Continental Army. So what's your real beef then?

Despite your baiting, I don't need to protect anyone or anything and I certainly have not had a "fairy tale" career. I also don't need or ask for thanks from anyone here or anywhere. I am proud just to serve, it's just that simple. I was raised with a sense of duty and responsibility, so I joined. During my time there were a lot of joes that were on a self destructive path. I noticed and acted, because that's what leaders do. They act, support their brothers and sisters, and stand their ground.

Good day to you, I'm sure we'll meet elsewhere in the forums.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I'm not sure where your venom for the military in general is coming from then. You are negatively opinionated about it in general. I'm not discounting your experiences. However, I ask because it would aid in the discussion if we knew what has formed your opinion as it currently is. Your stance is that the military is a lawless organization that operates like the mafia, and again that's not true. Do Soldiers (human beings) make horrible choices and break the law? Yes. It's been happening since the Continental Army. So what's your real beef then?

Despite your baiting, I don't need to protect anyone or anything and I certainly have not had a "fairy tale" career. I also don't need or ask for thanks from anyone here or anywhere. I am proud just to serve, it's just that simple. I was raised with a sense of duty and responsibility, so I joined. During my time there were a lot of joes that were on a self destructive path. I noticed and acted, because that's what leaders do. They act, support their brothers and sisters, and stand their ground.

Good day to you, I'm sure we'll meet elsewhere in the forums.

I also made a career out of the military, and i also don't agree with his comments. But like you said he must have some reason for them, but I also did not see my 23 years in the Army through his eyes. I do however, agree with this post, I was also proud to serve.

Take care

• Thanks 1