Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fave non-gov/political CT?

rashore

I was in a bit of a chat with some folks about CT's... and there was a bit of "well, every CT is a gov/political CT now, right?" kind of attitude.

And then the question got asked... well, what CT's are there that are NOT supposed to be gov sort of stuff? Leave out all the agencies and ops/missions stuff, flags and gold reserves and little college groups of future gov officials, all the military everything... what's left?

I popped off with the CT that Stephen King shot John Lennon, and somehow convinced his look alike dupe to go to jail for it while he stayed free to keep writing more books. And the 27 club lore with musicians dying.

Someone else brought up Bilderber, and another stuff like Max Headroom or other media station takeovers- there's apparently some stations of radio that have random stuff that spawns more local CT. A musician friend offered a thing about where performers flick their guitar pics or drumsticks or whatever into the audience, that's supposed to be a something special.

What's your fave NOT gov CT's? Please let's not get into arguments about the validity or not of any of the CT's please. Just trying to see what CT's are out there.

And also, keep the CT's clean please. Do keep in mind UM rules and we have younger members around here.

• Like 4

Sports CTs interest me.

IIRC in one episode of the X Files the Cigarette Smoking Man asserted baldly that the Buffalo Bills weren't ever going to win a Superbowl...

But for those with an interest in the more refined game of cricket, I remember reading/hearing a CT about the triangular one-day competitions played in the Australian summer each year since the 1980s. The comps feature Australia and two other cricket nations, in a series of round-robin matches, followed by a best-of-three finals series for the two top teams. The CT I heard/read was that (a) Australia always made it to the finals (that is, never finished third), and (b) Australia always lost the first finals game and then won the next two (keep the crowds (and the money) rolling in by ramping up the tension before Australia prevails...again!).

Both parts of the CT are rubbish - Australia didn't always make the finals, and the finals almost never finished the way described, and it's laughably easy to confirm this. But as is often the case with CTs, there's at least a smidgen of truth to the claims. Regarding part (a), yes, Australia nearly always made the finals, but they didn't always make the finals. This was made easier by the fact that it was rare that both of the other teams taking part were better than Australia, given that the Australian team has generally been highly-rated for decades. But regarding part (b), it's not even close to the truth. The results of the competitions are easily checked, and the very specific results sequence for the finals - lose, win, win - occurred at best a couple of times; the rest of the time, Australia lost quite a few finals series, and also often won the series with just the first two finals.

The thing is, though, there are some genuine conspiracies with international and local cricket, involving players attempting to fix game results, or parts of games, to help bookmakers. Sports gambling is a huge industry, and the amazingly wide range of things you can bet on in sports games along with the enormous number of games being played, mean that there must be a lot of potential opportunities for players to do things to bring about results desired by certain bookies or gamblers, with very little chance of being detected.

I'll happily take part in an office sports tipping competition. But, sheesh, you've got to be brave to want to engage in sports gambling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know you said no military / government but...

My favourite is that Eisenhower deliberately kept Werner von Braun from achieving the first orbital / satellite flight, so that the Soviet Union could do it first.

The reason for this was that Eisenhower had failed to convince the USSR in adopting an 'Open Skies' policy, and there was talk that if the US put a satellite in orbit first, the USSR was claim it was a violation of their airspace. If the USSR did it first then they couldn't complain about others.

The US could see ahead and realised that space-based surveillance would be realised - and vital - in future. Taking second place to the USSR in this 'first in space' arena was quite acceptable in order to legitimise the use of reconnaissance satellites.

Edited by Obviousman
Included link
  • Like 3

Rihanna is the secret ruler of the world. She is the de facto leader of the Bilderbeck group, having worked her way up through her secret contacts with the Ancient Old Ones that she regularly consults with in their fastness in the Himalayas, and is also the only thirty-fifth degree initiate of the Freemasons anywhere in the modern world. I know, you thought it was Kanye West, but he's really just the secret manipulator of the hapless puppet known as "Donald Trump", that the Ancient Ones that rule the world have installed as puppet ruler of the Greatest Nation on Earth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Okay, my fave CT atm is that old chestnut that Beyonce faked her pregnancy.  LINK   Yeah, Bey in a fat suit, not a real babymomma.  Mind blown y'all.

There are Russian academics who claim the Middle Ages never happened — it just went from 475 to 1475 or something. 

—Jaylemurph 

The 1995 Rugby World Cup.  The All Blacks suffered food poisoning before the final. 

The Springboks went on to famously win the final and Nelson Mandela joined the celebrations on the field; thus, disproving the Mandela Effect.

Paul is dead. The idea the real Paul died and was replaced by a Doppleganger

• Like 4

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

Avril Lavine was replaced also. Kind of ridiculous. https://www.teenvogue.com/story/theory-avril-lavigne-doppleganger

Thats a fun one I had forgot about!

Ill add the Blackout during the Superbowl between the Ravens and the 49ers. There are some who still think that was done to slow the Ravens momentum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favourite Conspiracy Theory is that John Lennon wrote Bohemian Rhapsody, and was killed by Freddie Mercury who stole the royalties.
(Actually, that's one I'm trying to start ;))

The best one is probably the Reptilian Illuminati CT.
The so-called "Lizard Slips" (aka mpeg artifacts) on YouTube are hilarious!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 28/07/2019 at 2:28 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

Paul is dead. The idea the real Paul died and was replaced by a Doppleganger

Oh yeah, and Bobby McFerrin too.