Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God

God Lover

There was one person who spoke out to me in the comments of “ God Real” and I believe he or she is right. I can’t tell you god is real but I can’t tell you god is not real either. You have to have you’re own experience of god telling you things or showing, you have to know in your heart he is real! Although if you wanted to you could have Faith! I believe some of you just hold back and want to believe science but go head but you’re Wrong there is a god!

Peace out!

11 minutes ago, God Lover said:

There was one person who spoke out to me in the comments of “ God Real” and I believe he or she is right. I can’t tell you god is real but I can’t tell you god is not real either. You have to have you’re own experience of god telling you things or showing, you have to know in your heart he is real! Although if you wanted to you could have Faith! I believe some of you just hold back and want to believe science but go head but you’re Wrong there is a god

There cannot be any kind of god. Because Auschwitz, for example, happened.

Edited by toast

17 minutes ago, God Lover said:

There was one person who spoke out to me in the comments of “ God Real” and I believe he or she is right. I can’t tell you god is real but I can’t tell you god is not real either. You have to have you’re own experience of god telling you things or showing, you have to know in your heart he is real! Although if you wanted to you could have Faith! I believe some of you just hold back and want to believe science but go head but you’re Wrong there is a god!

Peace out!

Confirmation bias and belief perseverance can make any spiritual belief seem real. God is an idea, nothing more.

1 minute ago, toast said:

I don't understand your logic here, toast.  My understanding of God is that He created us.  He placed us here and gave us free will to do as we would.  He also gave us the law to teach us how to live and be happy.  When we figured out that it just isn't in our nature to follow that law as carefully as we'd need to do, He then gave us HIMSELF as a sacrifice to heal the breach we had created.

I think of the parent-child analogy when I think of God's actions in the earth.  If you had a child that you raised to be thoughtful, kind, and giving and once that child went out into the world he became a murderer...is that YOUR fault?  FTM, if he did become a murderer, would you stop loving him?  I am no Bible scholar, I DO take great hope from the scripture though.  To be a Nihilist is to spurn the wonder of this life.  Human beings don't do well without hope for the future.  Some may convince themselves they don't need it but I've never known anyone who truly had no hope in anything.  That's my opinion and that's ALL it is but my life is better now than it ever was and it's because I have hope beyond the grave.

9 minutes ago, toast said:

That doesn't dispel the notion of a God(s). Who says God(s) have to benevolent? 

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Confirmation bias and belief perseverance can make any spiritual belief seem real. God is an idea, nothing more.

Is there anything else in this life that you are as dogmatic about?  Anything that you believe so strongly that there just isn't any room for doubt or a place for any new evidence to be given to change your mind?  Don't mistake me, X, I don't care what your choice is, I'm just curious if you are this resistant to accepting that you could possibly be wrong.  If I had to guess, I'd say your stance on God is the ONLY stance you will never question.  There's room for mental adjustment on everything else under the sun, amIright?

1 minute ago, Mellon Man said:

Who says God(s) have to benevolent? 

The bible, for example. But if s/he isnt or have not to be benevolent, what exactly is her/his job in general and why exactly would mercy be excluded from her/his agenda??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

To be a nihilist is to know that no belief is absolute truth. 

I disagree.  Nihilism is just a copout for a weak mind.  JMO.  It's FAR easier in this life to brood and be angry and even petulant because your life doesn't meet your expectations.  Boldly asserting that you KNOW without ANY doubt, that there was no Creator, there is no purpose or reason for our lives, and that no one is going to change your mind is the absolute pinnacle of selfish pride.  We all have a dose of it.  Wallowing in it while shaking a fist is another story altogether ;)  

35 minutes ago, God Lover said:

Peace out!

Are you that much of an attention ***** you need to make a new topic instead when you could've just replied?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, God Lover said:

Peace out!

In your opinion someone who does not believe in your god is wrong, in my opinion you are confused.  Who taught you that god is real?  Did you just wake up one day and think "god is real", no, someone told you  and you choose to believe it.  There is no way anyone can prove to me that their belief in god is their own idea or experience.  You had an experience and someone told you that is a "god experience" but you don't know what it really was and you don't KNOW that god is real. 

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I disagree.  Nihilism is just a copout for a weak mind.  JMO.  It's FAR easier in this life to brood and be angry and even petulant because your life doesn't meet your expectations.  Boldly asserting that you KNOW without ANY doubt, that there was no Creator, there is no purpose or reason for our lives, and that no one is going to change your mind is the absolute pinnacle of selfish pride.  We all have a dose of it.  Wallowing in it while shaking a fist is another story altogether ;)  

Psht, funny. What amazing me is when people deny their own ability to change their lives by putting it in gods hands. I think it is highly arrogant and pitifully prideful for anyone to think a god would bend reality to anyone's will. I guess god like to turn his back on people dying in gas chambers or stand by as an innocent person is stoned to death. Oh, forgot. We have free will. We choose our fate. So god does nothing. Well, in that case it's almost as if god simply doesn't exist. Why bother thanking God for ending alcoholism or drug abuse. When it's a matter of choice.

13 minutes ago, and then said:

Is there anything else in this life that you are as dogmatic about?  Anything that you believe so strongly that there just isn't any room for doubt or a place for any new evidence to be given to change your mind?  Don't mistake me, X, I don't care what your choice is, I'm just curious if you are this resistant to accepting that you could possibly be wrong.  If I had to guess, I'd say your stance on God is the ONLY stance you will never question.  There's room for mental adjustment on everything else under the sun, amIright?

God is an idea. The actual existence/non-existence can never be know. All that we have are what people believe. Not facts, not evidence, only an emotional powered memetic construct. 

1 minute ago, toast said:

The bible, for example. But if s/he isnt or have not to be benevolent, what exactly is her/his job in general and why exactly would mercy be excluded from her/his agenda??

Well it depends on interpretation. I dont interpret the bible as stating God is benevolent. In fact, I interpret it as demonstrating the opposite. 

As to the 'job role', that depends on one's religious belief. 

18 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't understand your logic here, toast.  My understanding of God is that He created us.  He placed us here and gave us free will to do as we would.  He also gave us the law to teach us how to live and be happy.  When we figured out that it just isn't in our nature to follow that law as carefully as we'd need to do, He then gave us HIMSELF as a sacrifice to heal the breach we had created.

I think of the parent-child analogy when I think of God's actions in the earth.  If you had a child that you raised to be thoughtful, kind, and giving and once that child went out into the world he became a murderer...is that YOUR fault?  FTM, if he did become a murderer, would you stop loving him?  I am no Bible scholar, I DO take great hope from the scripture though.  To be a Nihilist is to spurn the wonder of this life.  Human beings don't do well without hope for the future.  Some may convince themselves they don't need it but I've never known anyone who truly had no hope in anything.  That's my opinion and that's ALL it is but my life is better now than it ever was and it's because I have hope beyond the grave.

Why did god place us here and give us free will?  And why do we not agree on what "god's law" is?  It can't be "god's law" and be disputed, that would be proof that it is not "god's law".  Your version of the great man with a beard in the sky watching us and keep tabs on whether we follow his rules or not is childish and unreasonable, in fact it smacks of anthropomorphizing god to me.  If there is a god we cannot fathom it because it is not human. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In your opinion someone who does not believe in your god is wrong, in my opinion you are confused.  Who taught you that god is real?  Did you just wake up one day and think "god is real", no, someone told you  and you choose to believe it.  There is no way anyone can prove to me that their belief in god is their own idea or experience.  You had an experience and someone told you that is a "god experience" but you don't know what it really was and you don't KNOW that god is real. 

Without a concept of god, god doesn't exist. It is that simple. 

13 minutes ago, and then said:

My opinoin is that following a religion without question is weak minded.  Nihilism requires thought.

• Like 1

FYI AndThen, it doesn't take much to create a god. Any creative mind can do it. I've made a few in the past. Simple servitors at most.

57 minutes ago, God Lover said:

Peace out!

This is just an extension of the topic you've posted already.

If you want to discuss this further please continue in your original thread.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked