Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens

God Lover

2 hours ago, Harte said:

Might be a good way to examine black holes. Anything else, not so much.

Harte

That's what I am thinking. My feeling is that the paper was an interesting calculation, not a practical idea.

There's a better idea not involving black holes that sends a thousand or so tiny probes on tiny light sails via laser to the nearest star. But that also has the problem of slowing down. Wouldn't be going nearly as fast though, so some data might be retrievable, or even possibly a gravity assist turnaround once there.

Tiny probes might be able to use the solar winds from the Centauri system to brake.

Harte

I saw a TV show recently that was about  a scientific search for laser light beyond Earth, and it came up with nothing, suggesting that the heavens are not flooded with aliens using lasers for whatever purposes. The presumption was that any detection of laser light would not be of natural origin.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

I saw a TV show recently that was about  a scientific search for laser light beyond Earth, and it came up with nothing, suggesting that the heavens are not flooded with aliens using lasers for whatever purposes. The presumption was that any detection of laser light would not be of natural origin.

bummer...no night clubs

16 hours ago, stereologist said:

Don't forget you have to travel to the black hole to use it. The closest are several thousand light years away.

http://blackholes.stardate.org/resources/faqs/black-holes-close-to-earth.html

So a halo drive will have you waiting 2X years the number of light years away a black hole is to use a halo drive.

You can't talk about technology that hasnt been invented yet. You have no idea. Lets just leave it at that. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Harte said:

There's a better idea not involving black holes that sends a thousand or so tiny probes on tiny light sails via laser to the nearest star. But that also has the problem of slowing down. Wouldn't be going nearly as fast though, so some data might be retrievable, or even possibly a gravity assist turnaround once there.

Tiny probes might be able to use the solar winds from the Centauri system to brake.

Harte

I've read about these probes on the size of say a computer chip. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36025706

The concept is to reduce the size of the spacecraft to about the size of a chip used in electronic devices. The idea is to launch a thousand of these mini-spacecraft into the Earth's orbit. Each would have a solar sail.

This is like a sail on a boat - but it is pushed along by light rather than the wind. A giant laser on Earth would give each one a powerful push, sending them on their way to reaching 20% of the speed of light.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

You can't talk about technology that hasnt been invented yet. You have no idea. Lets just leave it at that. 

Bizarre comment. Maybe thinking out of the box is not one of your interested.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 5:52 PM, Captain Risky said:

?????  :td:  No, let's NOT.  Either put forth your claim or DON'T MAKE IT.  Otherwise some here might think you were all talk and no walk, and we wouldn't want that to ever happen, would we.....

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 3:04 PM, God Lover said:

Are aliens real?

As long as you have absolutely no follow up questions, then yes.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

didn't want to start a new thread with this question.

So good of any of a thread to post.

Anyone notice that China, Afghanistan, N.Korea, Pakistan , barely if never have any reports of aliens/U.F.Os ..

encounters are either in Europe, North America, basically every where else in the world.  

Any particular reason with in the paranormal community on the why ?

On 8/2/2019 at 4:26 AM, Coil said:
These images have an absolutely clear physical structure so that I cannot rank them as spirits and these are not gods. Everything looks as if they are dressed in suits:

Reveal hidden contents

wandjina_3_photo_s1.jpg

imagem-gr%C3%A1fica-de-wandjina-11142481

8c39aca66df5ad8fa862956e84b0376a.jpg

One hell of an ethnocentric view

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Anyone notice that China, Afghanistan, N.Korea, Pakistan , barely if never have any reports of aliens/U.F.Os ..

encounters are either in Europe, North America, basically every where else in the world.  

Precisely due to the types of government. They are controlling and less transparent. 

So anything of possible national security will never be released to the public, and the public can’t ask. 

In more democratic countries, the public has a right to limited information if requested. 

Imagine a North Korean farmer asking the government to release information on UFO’s.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 4:04 AM, God Lover said:

Are aliens real?

Yes aliens are real, illegal aliens exist in almost every country on the planet. Extraterrestrial aliens on the other hand may exist somewhere in the Universe, but where no ones knows. I suppose it really depends what you choose to beleive, since it can't be proven individual opinions are all that matters.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GLCsector3295 said:

That's a good question, I suspect that it may not be something that those Governments allow open discussion about. So I think that the people of those countries stay quite because they may fear punishment. I suspect that the phenomenon of seeing things that can't be explained happens every where. However, I must be clear I am not a believer in extraterrestrials piloting these unidentified objects. I think most of these objects are nothing more than Government experimental projects and that's another reason people from those countries never talk openly about what they see.

JIMO

12 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I would consider the possibility that we just don't hear about them because those countries do not interact with the rest of the world in the same way that every other country does.