Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House Democrats launch official impeachment i

ExpandMyMind

17 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It was never Mulller's job to "exonerate". 

Imagine if at court the judge was like " we can't prove he broke any laws, however we can't prove he didn't break any laws "

This ^^^

People are excited about one part of one sentence and ignore the part were dozens of investigators, over years, were unable to draw a conclusion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The Mueller investigation didn’t find sufficient evidence for collusion. So how is Trump exonerated? 

Trumps people meet at the behest of Trump Russian ex spy’s promising dirt on Clinton at Trump tower.

Unless you have an intimate knowledge of Trumps working mind ( not to be confused with the other half) how would you know he was joking and not making a public appeal to cover his **** for what has turned out to be private covert meetings for information?

t

If somebody is investigated by law-enforcement, and they find insufficient evidence, then that person is deemed - in law - to be innocent. 

Trumps people met with a Russian who claimed to have dirt, but didn't. No dirt was revealed. 

Unless you have intimate knowledge of Trumps working mind, how can you tell that he wasn't simply joking ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The streets are full of criminals that can’t be jailed due to lack of evidence. How is Trump any different? 

In law, nobody is a criminal unless they are convicted by a court. No evidence, no court, therefore they are not criminals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If somebody is investigated by law-enforcement, and they find insufficient evidence, then that person is deemed - in law - to be innocent. 

Trumps people met with a Russian who claimed to have dirt, but didn't. No dirt was revealed. 

Unless you have intimate knowledge of Trumps working mind, how can you tell that he wasn't simply joking ? 

So by that rational if there was dirt and Trump got it from the Russians then did Trump do something wrong?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

In law, nobody is a criminal unless they are convicted by a court. No evidence, no court, therefore they are not criminals. 

You sure about that? Criminal activity is constantly being investigated. and the law doesn't care if you've been a prior convicted criminal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If such a meeting was done by law enforcement, it would be called Entrapment. If (as it was here) done with purpose of pushing some other issue, then it is False Circumstances.

People say, "But, Trump Jr wanted the dirt!". To which I say, OK. But, such depends on the motivation. Suppose if there was REAL DIRT and Trump Jr got it and turned it over to the FBI. NOW he's a hero, and his meeting was genius. It depends on the motivation. AND, proving motivation, as the whole Clinton Server thing showed, is very, very hard to prove. Especially if everyone is a hostile witness (effectively).

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I understand the ground-swell that got Trump elected and in some ways even agree. Has Trump been all that he promised? well no. Trade Wars, falling markets, attacking political enemies and big business because they don't agree with him like his "anti-trust" actions against Bezos and Google and MSM is just using his presidency to settle scores. The actions of a vindictive man. Not to forget diminishing alliances isn't exactly rocket science when looking into what makes him tick. Certainly not someone to be celebrated. Divided a nation. President for only those that voted for him. No just can't see him as anything other than the one that slipped under the net. 

Anyway your country has a habit of moving the presidency from one extreme to another. Carter the pacifist to Reagan the warmonger then to Bush the spy to Clinton the empire building womaniser. Goofy Bush and evil Cheney to liberal Obama to corrupt Trump. If the past is anything to go by I expect the next president will either be a brain surgeon or communist.  

Hmm.... not exactly, Captain Risky. The "Trade Wars", you could argue, are against countries that where taking advantage of (then) US trade agreements that where actually contrary to the interests of the USA. As for anti-trust actions against Amazon, Google, and the MSM. Well, firstly, do these actually exist ? Secondly, Google and the MSM (not sure about Amazon) have actively worked against Trump. Do a google search on Trump, and you will mostly find critical articles toward the top of their search results. Google employees have - on camera - stated that Trump is an undesirable president, and they have discussed strategies for modifying their algorithms to suppress positive stories about him. 

As for the MSM...well.. most of it is overtly anti-Trump. Consider Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, as an extreme example. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

So by that rational if there was dirt and Trump got it from the Russians then did Trump do something wrong?

By the Steele rational, if Trump sent some lawyer to talk to the Russians... And he paid them... then it is all good?

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You sure about that? Criminal activity is constantly being investigated. and the law doesn't care if you've been a prior convicted criminal.

SUSPECTED criminal activity is constantly being investigated. But if insufficient evidence to prosecute is found, then that means the individuals targeted are - in the eyes of the law - innocent. Or at least.. not criminals. 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.... not exactly, Captain Risky. The "Trade Wars", you could argue, are against countries that where taking advantage of (then) US trade agreements that where actually contrary to the interests of the USA. As for anti-trust actions against Amazon, Google, and the MSM. Well, firstly, do these actually exist ? Secondly, Google and the MSM (not sure about Amazon) have actively worked against Trump. Do a google search on Trump, and you will mostly find critical articles toward the top of their search results. Google employees have - on camera - stated that Trump is an undesirable president, and they have discussed strategies for modifying their algorithms to suppress positive stories about him. 

As for the MSM...well.. most of it is overtly anti-Trump. Consider Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, as an extreme example. 

Taking advantage or just doing it better? 

You know its probably a surprise to you but the world and America got on pretty good before Trump showed up. NATO and the West were willing and happy members of the American empire. Trump is determined to throw that all to hell. American technology companies have been at the vanguard of massive amounts of capital and free reign in the world. This is the future of America and surprise surprise Trump wants to cut another American advantage by bringing up "anti-trust" which is code for you guys don't like me so my ego is gonna thump yours. 

How dare any private person not liking Trump. Can you imagine a school yard bully not being liked?  

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

By the Steele rational, if Trump sent some lawyer to talk to the Russians... And he paid them... then it is all good?

Answer my question first and then ill repay the gesture. 

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

SUSPECTED criminal activity is constantly being investigated. But if insufficient evidence to prosecute is found, then that means the individuals targeted are - in the eyes of the law - innocent. Or at least.. not criminals. 

So how do you know he's innocent if he hasnt been investigated? 

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I think I read that the campaign finance investigation was completed and no indictments were expected.

Individual 1.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I understand the ground-swell that got Trump elected and in some ways even agree. Has Trump been all that he promised?

Has any President, ever, been all that was promised?

well no. Trade Wars, falling markets, attacking political enemies and big business because they don't agree with him like his "anti-trust" actions against Bezos and Google and MSM is just using his presidency to settle scores. The actions of a vindictive man. Not to forget diminishing alliances isn't exactly rocket science when looking into what makes him tick. Certainly not someone to be celebrated. Divided a nation. President for only those that voted for him. No just can't see him as anything other than the one that slipped under the net.

Obama did almost as many divisive things. As long as there is a "us" and "them" going on, people are going to claim divisiveness. What would you have Trump do, flip onto his back and just do whatever Pelosi tells him to? How is that representing those who got him Elected. Ultimately it come to that... representing those who go you elected.

Nationalism... got him elected. He was against most international agreements, and trade deals... BECAUSE, he thought he could get better deals, not because he hates other countries, or hates the environment, or hates NATO... 

Regulations... Taxes... got him elected. What taxes he cut, and what regulations he cut, are up to Him, because he got elected.

Obama was called the Divider In Chief for years. He basically told the Republicans to go pound sand his first two years. Then when the Republicans got back in control of Congress, he didn't back down and in TRUMPIAN fashion, doubled down on just about all his goals.

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Has any President, ever, been all that was promised?

Obama did almost as many divisive things. As long as there is a "us" and "them" going on, people are going to claim divisiveness. What would you have Trump do, flip onto his back and just do whatever Pelosi tells him to? How is that representing those who got him Elected. Ultimately it come to that... representing those who go you elected.

Nationalism... got him elected. He was against most international agreements, and trade deals... BECAUSE, he thought he could get better deals, not because he hates other countries, or hates the environment, or hates NATO... 

Regulations... Taxes... got him elected. What taxes he cut, and what regulations he cut, are up to Him, because he got elected.

Obama was called the Divider In Chief for years. He basically told the Republicans to go pound sand his first two years. Then when the Republicans got back in control of Congress, he didn't back down and in TRUMPIAN fashion, doubled down on just about all his goals.

I don't think Obama messed with his country the way you portray it. Imagine a president that doesn't listen to his own intelligence people and has to ask the potential adversary if a matter is true? thats unheard of. Look i understand and even admire your political zeal BUT if you think the Trump is the sharpest tool in the republican shed and what he does is smart like hanging out with a rogue military dictator that kills and staves his own people, sorry but we're on different levels. 

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/18/nyregion/stormy-daniels-michael-cohen-documents.html

Federal prosecutors signaled in a court document released on Thursday that it was unlikely they would file additional charges in the hush-money investigation that ensnared members of Donald J. Trump’s inner circle and threatened to derail his presidency.

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Because you can't indict a sitting President. 

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:
18 minutes ago, DieChecker said:
22 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Answer my question first and then ill repay the gesture. 

Short answer. NO... He did nothing wrong.

Longer answer... Depends. Depends on what he did with the data.

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Because you can't indict a sitting President. 

Does not apply to State level based Charges. NY Attorneys office CAN indict a President.

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I don't think ...

There you go. Opinion. I have mine, which is the same as 90% of conservatives. And you have yours.

I don't think Obama messed with his country the way you portray it. Imagine a president that doesn't listen to his own intelligence people and has to ask the potential adversary if a matter is true? thats unheard of. Look i understand and even admire your political zeal BUT if you think the Trump is the sharpest tool in the republican shed and what he does is smart like hanging out with a rogue military dictator that kills and staves his own people, sorry but we're on different levels. 

Who said he's the sharpest tool? He's simply the only tool at hand. If I have to fight a bear, I'll fight with a rusty tire iron, if that is what is in my hand.

You certainly are on a different wavelength. :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Short answer. NO... He did nothing wrong.

Longer answer... Depends. Depends on what he did with the data.

Nothing wrong. Okay so a man who wants to be president of the United States thinks so little of the country he wants to serve that he'll approach a foreign power for help in serving the country he doesn't trust. Does that make sense? Trump could have gone to the FBI, CIA, NSA etc political parties courts of law but he'd rather take instruction and help from Russia. Last i looked Russia was the enemy and competitor to U.S. hegemony.   

Guess what? Trump now owes a foreign power a favour. and he's been paying it back.  

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Does not apply to State level based Charges. NY Attorneys office CAN indict a President.

Source?

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

There you go. Opinion. I have mine, which is the same as 90% of conservatives. And you have yours.

Who said he's the sharpest tool? He's simply the only tool at hand. If I have to fight a bear, I'll fight with a rusty tire iron, if that is what is in my hand.

You certainly are on a different wavelength. :D

If you picked up a rusty tire iron instead of the rifle next to you then who's fault is that? 

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Nothing wrong. Okay so a man who wants to be president of the United States thinks so little of the country he wants to serve that he'll approach a foreign power for help in serving the country he doesn't trust. Does that make sense? Trump could have gone to the FBI, CIA, NSA etc political parties courts of law but he'd rather take instruction and help from Russia. Last i looked Russia was the enemy and competitor to U.S. hegemony.   

Guess what? Trump now owes a foreign power a favour. and he's been paying it back.  

Unsubstantiated. Opinion. He's been much harder on Russia then Obama/Clinton ever were. You're just blowing smoke and hoping it chokes someone, but the room is already full of smoke.

Trump didn't talk to the Russians. Trump Jr did. Trump didn't find out about it till later.

Asking for emails? That was a joke. And you're belief it wasn't, is hard to believe.

You're putting so much spin in your post that with a needle put to it, it might play a merry tune.

13 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

If you picked up a rusty tire iron instead of the rifle next to you then who's fault is that? 

The choice in 2016 was between a rusty tire iron and a sack of bloody gloves. I'll go for the useful tool every time. Clinton wasn't any rifle....

• Haha 1