Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House Democrats launch official impeachment i

ExpandMyMind

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I know I must seem ignorant, but I didn't know that.

Could you give just one example out of history of someone who committed a crime and went to prison in the hopes of implicating someone else?

Here is an example the Democrats might like... Jim McDougal and the White Water controversy. He tried to take down anyone he could, including Bill and Hillary Clinton. Like 10 years of investigation, and the Clintons were still found to have nothing that could be charged.

Not exactly the same as your question, but then I don't think Cohen went to jail to trap Trump. I think he pled guilty as a plea bargain, or simply because be was convinced of his guilt... or maybe just stupid...

Anyway, pleding guilty doesn't convict, or even allow for charging, another person. Evidence is supposed to be used for that.

On 03/08/2019 at 11:18 AM, Captain Risky said:

Did Trump benefit from asking Russia to release emails?

for the love of mike, it was a joke! j o a k!! 

On 03/08/2019 at 3:18 PM, Gromdor said:

2) Russia interfered with the election.

and what was that? The "interference" was a few ads on Facebook costing perhaps a few thousand dollars; the Clinton emails were almost certainly leaked by a disaffected insider within the Decorative party., 

• Like 3

^ That should have been Democratic, sorry, "Democratic", party, but Google corrected it for me to Decorative. :mellow: 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

and what was that? The "interference" was a few ads on Facebook costing perhaps a few thousand dollars; the Clinton emails were almost certainly leaked by a disaffected insider within the Decorative party., 

You haven't read Mueller's report then.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, South Alabam said:

It is a crime if he knew it was a crime.

Interesting concept  - is this how the law works in the USA - you have to know its a crime before you can be found guilty of a crime?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Interesting concept  - is this how the law works in the USA - you have to know its a crime before you can be found guilty of a crime?

Only if you’re rich.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

You haven't read Mueller's report then.

how many do you think have? So what did he say? 

• Like 1

It seems to me that several groups are holding grandiose press conferences to announce the Impeachment or Investigation of President Trump. But then they don't actually DO anything. It seems that these calls to impeachment are purely to get their names in the media for a press cycle or two. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

^ That should have been Democratic, sorry, "Democratic", party, but Google corrected it for me to Decorative. :mellow: 

Just another example of Google's manipulation.

:lol: 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RAyMO said:

For campaign violations as Cohen stated, yes. Cohen knew that would be illegal. Trump, not necessarily.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

For campaign violations as Cohen stated, yes. Cohen knew that would be illegal. Trump, not necessarily.

Hmm... usually, under UK law anyway, ignorance of the law is no defence ! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... usually, under UK law anyway, ignorance of the law is no defence ! 

same here, as far as criminal cases for an average american go,  however this circus is completely screwed up, they started an investigation to look for a crime, which is backwards, investigations start after the crime,  the whole thing is running in alternate laws environment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, aztek said:

same here, as far as criminal cases for an average american go,  however this circus is completely screwed up, they started an investigation to look for a crime, which is backwards, investigations start after the crime,  the whole thing is running in alternate laws environment

That's because it's not run by law, but by the "get Trump at any costs" movement. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

That's because it's not run by law, but by the "get Trump at any costs" movement. 

yep, and they are breaking laws as they go, now why would anyone else respect any law, if lawmakers themselves been breaking it and ignoring it for over 3 years.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RAyMO said:

That is exactly what Comey said as to why he was not going to pursue criminal charges against Hilary Clinton for her illegal mail server, he felt he could prove to a jury that Clinton knew that what she was doing was wrong LOL! what an ass

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

for the love of mike, it was a joke! j o a k!! 

I guess that would make the meetings Trumps son and people had with the Russians at Trump towers hilarious.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

yep, and they are breaking laws as they go, now why would anyone else respect any law, if lawmakers themselves been breaking it and ignoring it for over 3 years.  

Shhh... don’t tell anyone but it’s also presidential candidates and politicians that also break the law. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That is exactly what Comey said as to why he was not going to pursue criminal charges against Hilary Clinton for her illegal mail server, he felt he could prove to a jury that Clinton knew that what she was doing was wrong LOL! what an ass

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

It's also the reason Trump Jr wasn't prosecuted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Shhh... don’t tell anyone but it’s also presidential candidates and politicians that also break the law. 

no way, really? amazing

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

no way, really? amazing

His name is Trump. Spread the word. ;)

1 minute ago, aztek said:

sorry i neither carry nor spread TDS, 

Three times a day? Nuh man just treat it like Chinese whispers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's also the reason Trump Jr wasn't prosecuted.

perhaps but it is a fallacy.  

And I did mean to write that Comey said he could *not* prove Hilary knew that what she did was wrong... etc etc. I left out the word "not".  OOPS! too late to edit

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Three times a day? Nuh man just treat it like Chinese whispers. 

Tough year huh risky?  Guess what, it is going to get much worse, you lose, you lost and it is just going downhill from here.  Enjoy the ride you triggered progressive, I know I will.  The new left that you support

• Haha 1