Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House Democrats launch official impeachment i

ExpandMyMind

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes absolutely. The problem I have is its been 2+ years now of these claims and none of them ever prove out (i.e the Nunes Memo, Uranium1, the IG investigation) . IMO its become a very clear tactic to hurl some rumors of wrongdoing, spend a couple of weeks pushing those rumors and then move onto the next conspiracy theory before anyone gets too caught up in the previous theory ending up being fact free. They have perfected the outrage cycle and they know they have a loyal and captivated audience who wont bother to look into the details. I believe the dissolution of facts in our society is the greatest threat we face. Hey they warned us from day one though that "Alternative Facts" would be ruling our world.

I truly dont either.

Two years, you say. And no official charges, or actual substantiated accusations.... Now where else have I heard that? (Hint... Think "Mueller".)

You don't believe those laughable Conservative programs/sites. But, you lap up the Liberal programs and sites, and quote them as Gospels??

Because.... "Those people think like I want to think.. So they are good, and those others are ignorant/bad/racists."????

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Two years, you say. And no official charges, or actual substantiated accusations.... Now where else have I heard that? (Hint... Think "Mueller".)

Sure if you ignore the whole facts thing.

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

You don't believe those laughable Conservative programs/sites. But, you lap up the Liberal programs and sites, and quote them as Gospels??

Actually I didnt say that I dont believe all conservative programs or sites. I said some are lying about the issues I listed. 

Its not a belief issue, that is the problem, facts shouldnt be about beliefs. Yet we have 40% of the nation being indoctrinated with "alternative facts"  AKA beliefs.

You believe Trump was framed so you believed the Nunes memo was gonna be exculpatory. You believe Hillary is evil so you believed that Uranium 1 CT was legit. You believe that Steele is a democrat operative so you believed that the AG investigation wouldnt find him credible.

Now you believe that the what 3rd different investigation will find that magic thing that the Nunes memo supposedly had?

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Because.... "Those people think like I want to think.. So they are good, and those others are ignorant/bad/racists."????

Sure....... if that makes it easier to avoid the content of my words just go ahead and run with that :tu:

11 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I presume you're talking about the monstrous way the Republican party and their supporters in the media behave, but  Isn't that exactly how the mainstream media that supports the Democratic party behaves as well? isn't that exactly what Russiagate was? 

Not at all. The POTUS has decades' long connections with Russian mobsters. Russia interfered in the election. POTUS lied about contacts with Russia and fired those investigating the election interference. (along with a whole host of other things)

If you cant take off the partisan hat to see the need for an investigation into that for the sake of national security I simply dont know what to tell you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Not at all. The POTUS has decades' long connections with Russian mobsters. Russia interfered in the election. POTUS lied about contacts with Russia and fired those investigating the election interference. (along with a whole host of other things)

If you cant take off the partisan hat to see the need for an investigation into that for the sake of national security I simply dont know what to tell you.

talk about an obsession :no: 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

talk about an obsession :no: 

I am obsessed with America and her security.

Note I didnt say all of the above meant "lock him up"  just the need to investigate. IDK how things are in your neck of the woods but with those connections and history he couldnt get a job at the Secret Service, FBI or even a moderately sized local PD over here, at least not without a thorough colonoscopy style examination of his finances and financial history accompanied by detailed explanations for each interaction.

Maybe im just bitter from all the damn background colonoscopies ive been through.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Note I didnt say all of the above meant "lock him up"  just the need to investigate. IDK how things are in your neck of the woods but with those connections and history he couldnt get a job at the Secret Service, FBI or even a moderately sized local PD over here, at least not without a thorough colonoscopy style examination of his finances and financial history accompanied by detailed explanations for each interaction.

Maybe im just bitter from all the damn background colonoscopies ive been through.

Well, I can't see any harm in an investigation. PROVIDING it is not used as a pretext for endless press conferences denigrating the president with unsubstantiated allegations. (as happened during - but not as part of -  the Russia investigation). Any investigation should be held in private, with no press releases. (as was the Mueller investigation). 

Of course, the Democrats should be aware that by doing this they are creating a precedent. Whenever THEY assume the presidency, they should expect an equivalent degree of scrutiny of their candidate. Fairs fair, after all. :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Of course, the Democrats should be aware that by doing this they are creating a precedent. Whenever THEY assume the presidency, they should expect an equivalent degree of scrutiny of their candidate. Fairs fair, after all. :) 

THAT my friend is my hope. Lets keep the momentum of the glaring spotlight going until the Hillary's and Donald's of the world realize there are easier ways to gain power and loot than as POTUS.

• Thanks 2

THAT my friend is my hope. Lets keep the momentum of the glaring spotlight going until the Hillary's and Donald's of the world realize there are easier ways to gain power and loot than as POTUS.

An intriguing thought. However, we have to be careful that we don't end up with presidents spending all their time fielding trivia and malicious "investigations", and hence can't actually accomplish anything. 

Of course, some cynics might say that by disabling the President, the quality of governance might actually increase ? :P 

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure if you ignore the whole facts thing.

Many who agree with the arguments such as the Nunes memo, believe they have "facts" also. What is a fact seems to vary from article to article, based on political bias and what each sides goal is.

Actually I didnt say that I dont believe all conservative programs or sites. I said some are lying about the issues I listed. 

Its not a belief issue, that is the problem, facts shouldnt be about beliefs. Yet we have 40% of the nation being indoctrinated with "alternative facts"  AKA beliefs.

The problem is not what facts are presented in any one situation, but what actual true facts are being left out.

You believe Trump was framed so you believed the Nunes memo was gonna be exculpatory. You believe Hillary is evil so you believed that Uranium 1 CT was legit. You believe that Steele is a democrat operative so you believed that the AG investigation wouldnt find him credible.

Now you believe that the what 3rd different investigation will find that magic thing that the Nunes memo supposedly had?

I don't believe Trump was framed. I believe he was ignorant of the political rules. And didnt bother to learn how to act/speak/tweet before he took office. I do believe a lot of the "Russian" facts are overblown, and if everyone in Congress was investigated as well, half would be going to prison.

Sure....... if that makes it easier to avoid the content of my words just go ahead and run with that 

Usually the content of your posts simply mirrors the most bias sources out on the internet, which doesn't endear you to even the centrist posters.

• Like 1

I never did understand why Trump ran for office. I always thought he was doing it as a joke. Hillary can only dream of the power Trump already had.

• Like 1

I don't know, I've seen many local cops who were total douchbags, and craved authority and exercising over people. Another buddy was rejected only due to his tattoos, and not his long traffic tickets history.

FBI, yeah I would agree with that...

Who got fired? Comey? He had it coming already. All he had to do was say he supported the Office of the President, and that Trump was President, and Trump likely would have left him alone a while longer. But his time was running out anyway. Lots of eyes were on him, even before the election.

I've never had an issue with the investigation. It was the media savagery I mainly didnt agree with. I wonder if any of the leakers (re: Mueller) were ever found, or punished?

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Whenever THEY assume the presidency, they should expect an equivalent degree of scrutiny of their candidate. Fairs fair, after all. :) 

Except for the one ally that gives the Left a level of domination in such situations - the MEDIA.  The Left do not have to worry that the media will ever treat one of them as Trump has been treated.  Sure, FoxNews and a couple of Right-wing newspapers may shine a light but the massive majority will be like a black hole where all of the accusations, investigations and even proof of wrongdoing is just obliterated as though it never existed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

no you are not, not in the slightest, with your position on  border security  you are obsessed with direct opposite.  and you are not fooling anyone here,  

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

An intriguing thought. However, we have to be careful that we don't end up with presidents spending all their time fielding trivia and malicious "investigations", and hence can't actually accomplish anything. 

Of course, some cynics might say that by disabling the President, the quality of governance might actually increase ? :P 

I wouldn't go that far, having a president is a pretty good idea especially when a decision has to be made.  And yet, a president should have a simple enough background, uncomplicated by undisclosed dealings and unknown ties with global associates , to avoid being a lightening rod for suspicions.

Now if you are talking about Congress spending all of their time fielding trivia and garnering contributions from groups and individuals, I'm with you.  I think they each have one or two bookkeepers  on staff to recount how big the contribution was in order to determine how big the return favor needs to be.

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Not only that but with a license to lie and make up whatever they want to say about an opponent you won't get anyone of real value to want the office. 

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

don't believe Trump was framed. I believe he was ignorant of the political rules. And didnt bother to learn how to act/speak/tweet before he took office. I do believe a lot of the "Russian" facts are overblown, and if everyone in Congress was investigated as well, half would be going to prison.

This! 100%!

• Like 1

Seth Rich did it... in the DNC email server room... with the "download" :ph34r:

catch a clue :)

14 hours ago, and then said:

Except for the one ally that gives the Left a level of domination in such situations - the MEDIA.  The Left do not have to worry that the media will ever treat one of them as Trump has been treated.  Sure, FoxNews and a couple of Right-wing newspapers may shine a light but the massive majority will be like a black hole where all of the accusations, investigations and even proof of wrongdoing is just obliterated as though it never existed.

I'm not so sure. The Left has a habit of eating their own. Just look at the current list of kooks saying Obama was a horrible person for not going far enough left, and for enforcing immigration laws.

Barring any good story on Conservatives/Republicans, most Leftist news sites will gladly destroy a leftist to get more clicks.

The Rabid Far Left does probably 20 times more clicking then your generic "voting" Democrat.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Who got fired? Comey? He had it coming already. All he had to do was say he supported the Office of the President, and that Trump was President, and Trump likely would have left him alone a while longer.

Holy hell man think about what you wrote here.  All the head of the FBI had to do was swear personal allegiance to the POTUS or at least use wordplay to trick POTUS into thinking he was swearing personal allegiance to the POTUS ...........and you still support that POTUS.

WOW thats some anti American **** bro. What is with the current right wing push for totalitarianism ?

14 hours ago, aztek said:

no you are not, not in the slightest, with your position on  border security  you are obsessed with direct opposite.  and you are not fooling anyone here,  

I get that you cant wrap your brain around someone supporting border security while at the same time not supporting the denigrating immigrants but it is possible. :tu:

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, pixiii said:

@Imaginarynumber1 I'd just like to point out where @Farmer77 (thankyou!) and I just had a very pleasant discussion with no insults, no snide remarks, no name-calling whatsoever and yet we have differing political opinions but respect that.  The point I'm making is, YES it can be done and there is always hope you know! :D :lol:    

If you get insulted by @Imaginarynumber1 it's actually a compliment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

well, that's their aim isn't it. (And Farmer's.) 

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Holy hell man think about what you wrote here.  All the head of the FBI had to do was swear personal allegiance to the POTUS or at least use wordplay to trick POTUS into thinking he was swearing personal allegiance to the POTUS ...........and you still support that POTUS.

WOW thats some anti American **** bro. What is with the current right wing push for totalitarianism ?

So if you were president, you'd hire up just people you couldn't trust, and would fight you in everything?

Trump was asking, "Are you on the Team?". It wasn't King Don making Comey take a knee.

I've always thought that was a nothing burger.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Just look at the current list of kooks saying Obama was a horrible person for not going far enough left, and for enforcing immigration laws.

That's actually a very valid point at the moment.  I wish they'd come together and meet halfway somewhere.....anywhere really.  This not doing anything about the borders is becoming scarier.  Plus, poor El Paso will have ANTIFA there soon, to "shut down ICE" with their "trained militia" as they were calling their new trainees (in their advert - who says that stuff?), on the 1st September too don't forget.  I'm genuinely worried about that actually.  Those poor people have been through enough.