Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

House Democrats launch official impeachment i

308 posts in this topic

Captain Risky
6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

True. 

"Trump had meetings with ex Russian intelligence types" - No he didn't.

", Trump publicity called on Russia to help his campaign" - He made a public joke about Clinton's emails. That is all. 

", instructed his people to hinder and lie to the investigators" - True, in regards obstructing an investigation about Russian collusion. But as it has been proven that there was NO collusion, it's difficult to get het up about it. 

"and if that wasn’t enough Trump has been towing a Russian foreign policy as his own." - which is, of course, the prerogative of the President.

"Now your argument is that Mueller didn’t find anything connecting Trump to Russia so Trump has done nothing wrong and Mueller wasted his time?" If Trump truly DIDN'T collude with Russia, as Mueller concludes (sort of), then that is correct. Or rather, Mueller didn't exactly waste his time; he proved a negative. 

The Mueller investigation didn’t find sufficient evidence for collusion. So how is Trump exonerated? 

Trumps people meet at the behest of Trump Russian ex spy’s promising dirt on Clinton at Trump tower.

Unless you have an intimate knowledge of Trumps working mind ( not to be confused with the other half) how would you know he was joking and not making a public appeal to cover his **** for what has turned out to be private covert meetings for information?

t

• Like 2

Captain Risky
3 hours ago, susieice said:

Then approach the Congress. Why would you let a criminal in office for three years and do nothing but complain? Pelosi is losing the battle with the Dems. You only hear what you want to hear.

The streets are full of criminals that can’t be jailed due to lack of evidence. How is Trump any different? 

• Like 3

F3SS
6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The streets are full of criminals that can’t be jailed due to lack of evidence. How is Trump any different? 

There are no entities more powerful and resourceful than those who investigated him for multiple years on an unlimited budget.

• Like 3

Captain Risky
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, F3SS said:

There are no entities more powerful and resourceful than those who investigated him for multiple years on an unlimited budget.

...that's one way of looking at it. Another way would be to say that Trump left no direct trail connecting him to Russian interference. either way there are fish in this stream.  

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

F3SS
2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...that's one way of looking at it. Another way would be to say that Trump left no direct trail connecting him to Russian interference. either way there are fish in this stream.  

There's so much inconsistent rhetoric involved there with how Trump is otherwise portrayed by his detractors. Is he a criminal mastermind with an unending supply of fall guys and oath keepers or is an unhinged buffoon surrounded by disloyal people running an adminstration in chaos? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Captain Risky
2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

There's so much inconsistent rhetoric involved there with how Trump is otherwise portrayed by his detractors. Is he a criminal mastermind with an unending supply of fall guys and oath keepers or is an unhinged buffoon surrounded by disloyal people running an adminstration in chaos? 

Id say that Trump is compromised. His dealing with Russia go back 20 years. His actions are anti-establishment. Why the republicans endorsed him is a mystery in itself. This is a dude that reached the pinnacle of his country by taking short cuts. Im sure Trump knows this more than anyone. He might mean well but all his actions to date have been confusing and not actually benefiting America. Trade wars, vitriol against his own allies and seeking friendship with enemies and undemocratic forces isn't exactly befitting the leader of the free world. There is something really wrong here. 

• Like 2

Nnicolette

Talk about sore losers the republicans all over are trying to oust democrats by attempting recalls wjetever they dont have majority. This shouldnt be legal these are elected officials who javent done anything wrong. Its such a lame move when they should just be focusing on elections and trying to actually win these seats.

F3SS
9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Id say that Trump is compromised. His dealing with Russia go back 20 years. His actions are anti-establishment. Why the republicans endorsed him is a mystery in itself. This is a dude that reached the pinnacle of his country by taking short cuts. Im sure Trump knows this more than anyone. He might mean well but all his actions to date have been confusing and not actually benefiting America. Trade wars, vitriol against his own allies and seeking friendship with enemies and undemocratic forces isn't exactly befitting the leader of the free world. There is something really wrong here. 

I don't think he's compromised. I see nothing that leads me to believe so.

He was ultimately endorsed because of US, the people. He was sweeping the nation and the Republicans couldn't deny it. They had to get onboard or face serious backlash.

Shortcuts? As in never being a politician before and knocking down 16 career republican politicians and then the ultimate politician herself? Yea I think he knows that. As much of a braggart and self promoter that he is I'm certain that even he had his doubts at times but he did it and he certainly knows it.

I believe he has the best intentions with all of that and has just taken a different approach to foreign policy with our adversaries than in the past which hasn't always worked out so well. I'm sure he understands ego and this appearance of friendship is all about stroking their egos and not provoking them. Just look at him. Huge ego, incredibly reactionary to both compliments and insults. So far we haven't had any new wars. Isn't that good?

• Like 2

Captain Risky

I don't think he's compromised. I see nothing that leads me to believe so.

He was ultimately endorsed because of US, the people. He was sweeping the nation and the Republicans couldn't deny it. They had to get onboard or face serious backlash.

Shortcuts? As in never being a politician before and knocking down 16 career republican politicians and then the ultimate politician herself? Yea I think he knows that. As much of a braggart and self promoter that he is I'm certain that even he had his doubts at times but he did it and he certainly knows it.

I believe he has the best intentions with all of that and has just taken a different approach to foreign policy with our adversaries than in the past which hasn't always worked out so well. I'm sure he understands ego and this appearance of friendship is all about stroking their egos and not provoking them. Just look at him. Huge ego, incredibly reactionary to both compliments and insults. So far we haven't had any new wars. Isn't that good?

I understand the ground-swell that got Trump elected and in some ways even agree. Has Trump been all that he promised? well no. Trade Wars, falling markets, attacking political enemies and big business because they don't agree with him like his "anti-trust" actions against Bezos and Google and MSM is just using his presidency to settle scores. The actions of a vindictive man. Not to forget diminishing alliances isn't exactly rocket science when looking into what makes him tick. Certainly not someone to be celebrated. Divided a nation. President for only those that voted for him. No just can't see him as anything other than the one that slipped under the net. 

Anyway your country has a habit of moving the presidency from one extreme to another. Carter the pacifist to Reagan the warmonger then to Bush the spy to Clinton the empire building womaniser. Goofy Bush and evil Cheney to liberal Obama to corrupt Trump. If the past is anything to go by I expect the next president will either be a brain surgeon or communist.  

• Like 1

F3SS

I guess we could go all day but the markets haven't fallen. The s&p is up 30% and NASDAQ is up almost 50% since January 2016. There was a quick crash in December last year and for those smart enough not to panick and sell that was a great buying opportunity.

• Like 1

Sir Wearer of Hats
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

And sometimes there are no turds in a toilet. 

Trump is by all measures I personally choose to apply not the sort of person I’d like in my house or trust to open a can of beans that’s already been opened or if he told me the Sky was blue I’d have to double check. 

But perhaps, JUST PERHAPS, he’s not guilty of anything actively impeachable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

F3SS

He humiliated Washington and squashed the hubris of the left. That's the only thing he's guilty of.

• Like 1

Tatetopa
6 hours ago, F3SS said:

Maybe true about resourceful.  I wouldn't grouse too much over the budget.We have spent 4 times that much keeping him safe while he plays golf.

• Like 1

Gwynbleidd
12 hours ago, F3SS said:

1982 scares you doesn't it? It should.

What happened in 1982?  (Sorry non American here!) :) 

• Like 1

Tatetopa
3 hours ago, F3SS said:

He humiliated Washington and squashed the hubris of the left.

Getting rid of a little hubris is a good thing.

Sir Wearer of Hats
5 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I was born.

BOOGEY BOOGEY BOOGEY

• Haha 1

Tatetopa
5 hours ago, F3SS said:

As in never being a politician before and knocking down 16 career republican politicians and then the ultimate politician herself?

Some props there, but not so shocking.  President Trump is a master of image.  Is politics much more than that?  Also he does things that most people won't.  If you want victory, sometimes you lie. cheat, and play dirty tricks.  If you have to win,  truth and fair play might

get left behind.

6 hours ago, F3SS said:

I believe he has the best intentions with all of that

Nothing in the 60+ years before his election has indicated that his good intentions extend beyond his family and close business associates.

It has to be a head rush to be the most powerful man in the world, I think that is exactly why he does it. 

On the bright side, he had to promise you some things you want in order to get your vote.  Just a cold business deal: "Give me what I want, and I'll give you some of what you want."

And no wars yet, that is a plus for us all.

• Like 1

F3SS
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

45 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I have to refer you back to post #48.

39 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I was born.

BOOGEY BOOGEY BOOGEY

I had you pinned for at least 10 years older. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

F3SS
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe true about resourceful.  I wouldn't grouse too much over the budget.We have spent 4 times that much keeping him safe while he plays golf.

There was context to my comment. Budget was a valid point.

• Like 1

Sir Wearer of Hats

I have to refer you back to post #48.

It’s the grumpiness, adds years to a man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

F3SS
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s the grumpiness, adds years to a man.

I wasn't sure how to qualify it but I think you nailed it.

• Like 3

Gwynbleidd
On 8/3/2019 at 9:31 AM, F3SS said:

An enormous blue wave would've resulted in a Senate majority. The fact that 45 or so incumbent Republicans vacated their house seats and the midst of the Mueller investigation was ongoing gave the Dems an enormous handicap to take the house. On top of that, the Senate picked up 2 more red seats in the midterms than Regan did who also lost the house during his first midterms in 1982 but look what happened in 1984.

IMG_02082019_192935_(600_x_1130_pixel).thumb.jpg.934adab4fd7bf2c794f51aed265f0e8e.jpg

So if we are going by historical statistics based on the first midterms of an incumbent Republican... Ouch. What a landslide.

Hmmm I originally thought someone photoshopped that in jest. :lol: I see now that is an actual map where Reagan won...I can't believe there was that many votes/wins?!?!  That's seriously insane :o  

• Like 1

Tatetopa
44 minutes ago, F3SS said:

There was context to my comment. Budget was a valid point.

OK point taken.  

• Like 1

Michelle
45 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I did too! :P

• Like 1

DieChecker

20 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This, along with other crimes such as that which Michael Cohen is currently serving time in prison for. That campaign finance crime had Trump as an unindicted coconspirator - if he wasn't President then he'd already have been charged with it.

I think I read that the campaign finance investigation was completed and no indictments were expected.