Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump gets money for border wall

Unusual Tournament

8 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Just curious...

Why are you applauding illegal border crossing?

I'm applauding the quite predictable outcome of "the wall" debate for a couple of reasons.

Primarily because despite the constant state of panic conservative media has put folks in since 2015 its not any bigger of a deal than it has been for the last 40 years.

Secondary because living in a border state I cant tell the difference between Mexican Americans and Mexicans and quite honestly I just dont care.

Finally the fact that millions of dollars were spent spreading a racist panic, the government was shut down and even an emergency declared to build a "big beautiful wall" that can be cut through with a sawzalll from Home Depot (which we all know mexicans know how to get to) deserves some genuine mockery.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Just curious...

Why are you applauding illegal border crossing?

Because he's sick and antiAmerican at heart?  Just spitballing here but he seems to have that track record.  He's all about what the Gobment can provide him and others, especially others who have - and want - no real stake in our continued strength and survival.  I consider them vultures, carrion feeders.

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

Because he's sick and antiAmerican at heart?  Just spitballing here but he seems to have that track record.  He's all about what the Gobment can provide him and others, especially others who have - and want - no real stake in our continued strength and survival.  I consider them vultures, carrion feeders.

No need to spitball

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm applauding the quite predictable outcome of "the wall" debate for a couple of reasons.

Primarily because despite the constant state of panic conservative media has put folks in since 2015 its not any bigger of a deal than it has been for the last 40 years.

Secondary because living in a border state I cant tell the difference between Mexican Americans and Mexicans and quite honestly I just dont care.

Finally the fact that millions of dollars were spent spreading a racist panic, the government was shut down and even an emergency declared to build a "big beautiful wall" that can be cut through with a sawzalll from Home Depot (which we all know mexicans know how to get to) deserves some genuine mockery.

I think it's more un-American to fruitlessly spend tax money on things that don't work to pander to the fears of a small voter base and to hype that fear to get elected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I think it's more un-American to fruitlessly spend tax money on things that don't work to pander to the fears of a small voter base and to hype that fear to get elected.

Have you seen Israel's wall (that we paid for)? Seems like a lot to invest in something that "doesn't work". The de facto government of Mexico, the cartel, is sitting on the American border just salivating at the thought of pushing in to the Southern US. Besides, $3 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to what Trump spent upgrading the military. Build the damn wall because something is better than nothing given the gangs and drugs currently waltzing across unimpeded. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Have you seen Israel's wall (that we paid for)? Seems like a lot to invest in something that "doesn't work". The de facto government of Mexico, the cartel, is sitting on the American border just salivating at the thought of pushing in to the Southern US. Besides, $3 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to what Trump spent upgrading the military. Build the damn wall because something is better than nothing given the gangs and drugs currently waltzing across unimpeded. 

Quite true.  No Mexicans crossed that wall.  Of course the way Israel taxes employers who hire migrants and also withholds a portion of the wages of migrants also plays a part.  Perhaps we should do that here?  Not that I am sure that many migrants want to go to a country that has missiles randomly lobbed at it.  But other than these points the US and Israel are the same.  Kinda like apples and oranges are both fruit!

• Like 1