Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Five people arrested for leaving crop circles

Still Waters

Five people face felony charges after allegedly leaving crop circles in a cornfield.

It happened last week at a cornfield in the Ballplay community on Crump Road.

Five people in a pickup apparently rode over and tore down multiple cornstalks leaving behind a less intricate version of crop circles.

Sheriff Jonathon Horton says what cracked the case was a neighbor whose security video caught an image of a vehicle leaving the scene.

https://www.wsfa.com/2019/07/24/five-people-arrested-leaving-crop-circles-etowah-county-cornfield/

• Like 2

This from our fine friends over at C2C:

Authorities in Alabama managed to pull off what paranormal researchers have been trying to do for decades: capture some crop circle makers. According to a local media report, cops in Etowah County arrested five individuals who were responsible for crafting a rudimentary design in a cornfield located in the community of Ballplay. However, unlike those who fashion the formations using planks of wood and careful planning, this particular cadre of crop circle makers had a decidedly less nuanced technique.

Alabama Cops Bust 'Crop Circle' Makers

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/alabama-cops-bust-crop-circle-makers/

• Like 2

I dunno.  I wouldn't call doing doughnuts in a corn field making "crop circles".  Around here we call it another Friday night after bar activity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Thread already exist.

Ooops! My bad! Guess I should have done a search first....A Mod can delete this thread if they spot it.

Perhaps those clever and secretive British craftsmen use stakes, ropes to measure, and boards to flatten a designed pattern rather than a Bubba truck and a cooler full of beer.

It does look more like a demonic mosquito than a geometric design..  

Jeeze they made a mess of that field.

Hope they are forced to pay back every penny to the farmer

In a testament to the often unspoken cost that farmers are forced to absorb when crop circles appear in their fields, police say that the stunt caused a whopping $7,500 worth of damage, 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/alabama-cops-bust-crop-circle-makers/

They certainly don't have the artistic flair and creativity of Aliens hehummm... our charming crop circle creators across the pond :)

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Amateurs ...

On 7/27/2019 at 2:01 PM, Minimalists said:

Ooops! My bad! Guess I should have done a search first....A Mod can delete this thread if they spot it.

I have a hard time finding other threads using the search too.