Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bird Truthers.

danydandan

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It is satire. 

But some media outlets have picked it up as real. It is supposed to expose the stupidity of stuff like this.

Is there really any difference between this and the Flat Earthers?

• Like 6

Just now, danydandan said:

It is satire. 

But some media outlets have picked it up as real. It is supposed to expose the stupidity of stuff like this.

That's what I know. Even though it might be satire some idjits out there will think it's legit. Just like the Flat Brain....I mean flat earthers.

• Like 8

Yep, seems to be satire that the guy made unto a decent marketing ploy. Couple articles from last year...

‘Birds Aren’t Real’ Is the Conspiracy Theory Mocking QAnon: https://www.thedailybeast.com/birds-arent-real-is-the-conspiracy-theory-mocking-qanon

Are Birds Actually Government-Issued Drones? So Says a New Conspiracy Theory Making Waves (and Money): https://www.audubon.org/news/are-birds-actually-government-issued-drones-so-says-new-conspiracy-theory-making

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant. I think I will start a spin-off with better graphics.  Dragonflies are micro-robots sent by aliens to observe us.  What a scam to add to my retirement funds.

"When a dragonfly hovers and waits for instruction,"

"Is it targeting YOU for the next abduction"

Course, it might be bad for the innocent dragonfly population  when crazies start to fear them.  Maybe not a responsible thing to do after all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Brilliant. I think I will start a spin-off with better graphics.  Dragonflies are micro-robots sent by aliens to observe us.  What a scam to add to my retirement funds.

"When a dragonfly hovers and waits for instruction,"

"Is it targeting YOU for the next abduction"

Course, it might be bad for the innocent dragonfly population  when crazies start to fear them.  Maybe not a responsible thing to do after all.

No dragon flys in Ireland happy days. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I've seen two in my life (in Denmark). One of them a few years ago. It followed me, while I was riding my bike. It seemed surreal!

• Like 2

There aren't any dragonflies in the British Isles? I never knew that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

I thought it was no snakes. 

I believe there are dragon flies in Ireland - somewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

Anyone see this madness?

https://birdsarentreal.com/

It this about cctv?.

"We needed a way to keep an eye on the American citizens without them knowing. It was imperative, for their own safety of course. We hired only the best. It took years. We designed, built, tested, failed. We persisted. Eventually, over decades, we had it. A fleet of covert technological surveillance devices unlike anything the world had ever seen. We called them, 'Birds'"

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't know....

I've never seen one here in Eire.

• Like 3

:rolleyes:

There are approximately 25 non-extinct and non-vagrant species of Dragonflies in the British Isles. 

Edited by Mellon Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mellon Man said:

:rolleyes:

There are approximately 25 non-extinct and non- vagrant species of Dragonflies in the British Isles.

They must all be in England/Scotland/Wales because I've never seen one. I've been here quite awhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

They must all be in England/Scotland/Wales because I've never seen one. I've been here quite awhile.

Including Ireland ;)

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Not to be outdone, St. Patrick's younger brother St. Seamus  raised his crozier and  commanded all flying dragons to leave Ireland.  Unfortunately he reversed the Latin word order.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Not to be outdone, St. Patrick's younger brother St. Seamus  raised his crozier and  commanded all flying dragons to leave Ireland.  Unfortunately he reversed the Latin word order.

St.Danydandan makes damn sure they stay away.

• Haha 3

There must be dragonflies in the UK, I refer as evidence an episode of Fawlty Towers, where Basil received a hot tip for a horse called Dragonfly, but had to keep his winnings a secret from his wife.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

There must be dragonflies in the UK, I refer as evidence an episode of Fawlty Towers, where Basil received a hot tip for a horse called Dragonfly, but had to keep his winnings a secret from his wife.

how's that proof?;)

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

how's that proof?;)

There was dragonfly the horse ! Oops, I forgot Fawlty Towers was fiction !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

It is satire. 

Geez. What are those things popping out of eggs? Are people that stupid?

Edited by South Alabam

25 minutes ago, Habitat said:

There was dragonfly the horse ! Oops, I forgot Fawlty Towers was fiction !

oh it was a joke;)

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Course, it might be bad for the innocent dragonfly population  when crazies start to fear them.

fortunately, there are not many crazies of this nature- just as there are not that many believers in a flat earth, bigfoot, nessie & aliens on this planet...

unfortunately, there are many who believe in gods.... i'd hazard a guess & say in hmmm? = 50/100 years time these people will be classed as the fringe crazies.. hope springs eternal;)

Edited by Dejarma

56 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Geez. What are those things popping out of eggs? Are people that stupid?

how many times have you witnessed a chick hatching? if you have then you're seeing a real act of nature put there to fool you....

pigeons are drones <fu--ers>! the authorities way of spreading disease among the masses & also mind-altering drugs to make you vote for stuff you don't really want to!

• Haha 1