Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bird Truthers.

danydandan

11 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

If birds are secret drones and spies of the government where do they keep the hidden cameras? ;)

According to the link, their eyes are the cameras. Mind you I do not believe any of this.

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Buzz himself says The Moon exists.

Conspiracy theory. The whole world is against Habitat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

According to the link, their eyes are the cameras. Mind you I do not believe any of this.

You don't believe any of it. 

You God damn fool, you.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You don't believe any of it. 

You God damn fool, you.

Thanks for the compliment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for the compliment.

You're welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Conspiracy theory. The whole world is against Habitat. 

That's like saying salmon are conspiring against the stream. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Yes...... it is...... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Team Tragic

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Team Tragic

Looks like your Ostriches are still looking for opponents.

Which team am I on today?

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Looks like your Ostriches are still looking for opponents.

Which team am I on today?

The wrong one if you have P101 on your side.

20 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The wrong one if you have P101 on your side.

Are you offering yourself as a role model? 

Because that would be hilarious. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2019 at 11:23 PM, danydandan said:

They must all be in England/Scotland/Wales because I've never seen one. I've been here quite awhile.

Definitely in England, I see massive ones every summer

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Well...they do poop in there...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

You're welcome.

it's so refreshing to see that after the bitter we are still able to be so cordial.

8 hours ago, Big Jim said:

If birds aren't real then I'm never eating chicken again.

It's a Vegan conspiracy.

• Haha 3

On 7/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, danydandan said:

But some media outlets have picked it up as real. It is supposed to expose the stupidity of stuff like this.

And they have done an excellent job :D

• Haha 1

I've seen two dragonflies hovering over my pond. 

If they where Secret Government Surveillance Machines, then all I can say is that my Sweet Peas must be Russian Spies, because the dragonflies seemed fascinated by them ! 

• Haha 2

I actually went to the birds arent real website to look at the t-shirts, thinking I would buy one just for laughs.  Everyone of those t-shirts is hilarious.  It says the money of the sales goes towards research so I wanted to find out what kind of research and I got sucked in to their history of the bird conspiracy and it got my head spinning so I quit reading.  It is quite an inventive tale.  Area 51, Boeing aircraft, government officials, dead or missing engineers... 

P.S.  I am reminded of a sci-fi book I read by an author who worked at Los Alamos. I think he was an engineer, based on the book I am pretty sure he was.  It is called The Second Ship, about a war between aliens and the first ship is the one that crashed in Roswell and the second, the good guys ship, crashed near Los Alamos.  There is some interesting technology in that including a small drone that looks like a fly on the wall.  It was a fun story and there is a sequel but I have not read the sequel.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

On 28/07/2019 at 5:07 AM, Tatetopa said:

Brilliant. I think I will start a spin-off with better graphics.  Dragonflies are micro-robots sent by aliens to observe us.  What a scam to add to my retirement funds.

"When a dragonfly hovers and waits for instruction,"

"Is it targeting YOU for the next abduction"

Course, it might be bad for the innocent dragonfly population  when crazies start to fear them.  Maybe not a responsible thing to do after all.

lol of course the US among others DOES employ mini drones disguised as insects, including  dragonflies 

They have been doing so for decades,  from the cia to the airforce .Today you can even buy one for $119 US :)  

https://www.geek.com/gadgets/this-tiny-robotic-dragonfly-drone-only-costs-119-1533241/

Image result for miniature drones disguised as dragonflies

image.jpeg.78e9d76b2c2767736d7d49a1ca20ae25.jpeg

More recently, engineers have taken a different approach to building a better robotic dragonfly. Researchers at Draper, in Cambridge, Mass., and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Janelia Farm are genetically modifying real dragonflies so that their nervous systems respond to pulses of light, and then equipping the insects with a backpack of electronics. The cybernetic MAV is called DragonflEye. While technologically intriguing, it does raise ethical concerns about tinkering with nature and about the nature of surveillance.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-history/heroic-failures/meet-the-cias-insectothopter

Edited by Mr Walker

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

lol of course the US among others DOES employ mini drones disguised as insects, including  dragonflies 

They have been doing so for decades,  from the cia to the airforce .Today you can even buy one for $119 US :)  

https://www.geek.com/gadgets/this-tiny-robotic-dragonfly-drone-only-costs-119-1533241/

image.jpeg.78e9d76b2c2767736d7d49a1ca20ae25.jpeg

More recently, engineers have taken a different approach to building a better robotic dragonfly. Researchers at Draper, in Cambridge, Mass., and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Janelia Farm are genetically modifying real dragonflies so that their nervous systems respond to pulses of light, and then equipping the insects with a backpack of electronics. The cybernetic MAV is called DragonflEye. While technologically intriguing, it does raise ethical concerns about tinkering with nature and about the nature of surveillance.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-history/heroic-failures/meet-the-cias-insectothopter

Hate to tell ya... but Techject Inc still hasn't been able to make the dragonfly yet. Their Indy was over in 2012 with followups to 2015 still not providing, and even today on their site you can wishlist it, but they aren't available yet. They do have some interesting drone tec, but haven't pulled off a drone that small. And the concept drone is easily distinguishable from an actual dragonfly. Unfortunately with the government ones, the ones small enough to be vaugely believable aren't very functional, and one ones big enough to be functional then lose their believeability as natural dragonflies. To my understanding, one of the biggest problems with tiny drones is power source- power sources that last more than a minute or so are still a bit bulky and large to use for such small applications.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1