Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman is engaged to a chandelier

Still Waters

A woman who ‘had a long-distance relationship with the Statue of Liberty’ is now engaged to a chandelier.

Amanda Liberty, 35, from London, describes herself an an “objectophile”.

An objectophile is somebody who has strong feeling of love, commitment or lust to items or structures.

The woman has been dating the 100-year old light fixture since 2017 said on Facebook that her love for the chandelier “just happened”.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/woman-engaged-to-chandelier-112207763.html

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I am not worried about her. At all. Even if she is honest about this it's just one decision by one individual. Good luck with it!

What i am worried about is that by promoting such ideas medias are actually polluting young minds and spreading wild way of thinking. People will follow. So far most vocal and promoted ideas about romance, love and marriage are not traditional at all. It's been this way for years.

I really can not remember when i have seen good show which is based on traditional family life, woman, man and kids. Daily problems. Joy. All coupled.

This kind of behavior had psychological definition. Now it's becoming a choice, almost as if i hear the general message which says something like : '' if relationship is not between a man and woman then it's great, it's modern and it's reason to celebrate it, speak about it ''.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A woman who ‘had a long-distance relationship with the Statue of Liberty’ is now engaged to a chandelier.

Huh. So size REALLY doesn't matter.  And here I thought people were just saying that to be nice.

Edited by ScotDeerie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

This kind of behavior had psychological definition. Now it's becoming a choice, almost as if i hear the general message which says something like : '' if relationship is not between a man and woman then it's great, it's modern and it's reason to celebrate it, speak about it ''.

Or it could just be saying, "Holy S**T! Look at this.  Point and laugh."  I suspect those nutty enough to find such things to "follow" would have discovered them, sooner or later, anyway.

15 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Or it could just be saying, "Holy S**T! Look at this.  Point and laugh."  I suspect those nutty enough to find such things to "follow" would have discovered them, sooner or later, anyway.

True but many things have been humorist until they started to became movements :)

Like crazy backwards music in my region called ''turbo folk''. First people would laugh about poor text and idiot authors. Then it became disease which pollutes our society :(

Weird , but why most don`nt want to pass marriage,  only with  a man and a women ,because they would also want to marry their animals , ect ect.  There`s nothing wrong when  two same sexes  humans want to marry,  love is love , but to be legal is becoming to weird with animals and items :)

Edited by docyabut2

Sorry, but no matter how you look at this, it's nuts. This isn't her 'first' either ... first the Statue of Liberty and now a chandelier.

Objects cannot return any feelings or emotions. How they classify this as a relationship is something I don't really get. One inert, non-sentient thing can't really have a relationship ... relationship sort of implies connected-ness. She might feel connected to it, but it can't return the favour.

dumb. Just dumb. But it is recognized is a disorder of some sort ... objectophilia. 

Edited by AnonsMouse
  • Like 1

Imagine being a lonely 40 year old virgin, struggling to meet women and you read this. You have taken second place to a chandelier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How fickle! I hope she broke it easy to Lady Liberty.... Can you imagine the size of the hanky she'll need to dry her tears?

• Haha 1

Considering how dim she is, it's a bright idea.

• Haha 4

Another attention seeking nutter.

• Like 5

It seems that odd relationship attractions, though rare, are not unheard of.

A woman married her cow, in India (though deemed unofficial)

A woman married a bridge in England... again deemed improper and unofficial.

A woman in America married a boulder... also not recognized in court.

Another woman in America wants to marry her toaster, after she broke-off her "relationship" with her cellphone.

• Haha 2

There are still many frontiers to conquer in the expansion of the meaning of marriage. Most of them don't bear thinking about.

• Like 1

How long will it be before England turns this into a Tv, reality Show?

I would give it 6 months.

:o

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 10:23 PM, Still Waters said:

Amanda Liberty, 35, from London, describes herself an an “objectophile”.

An objectophile is somebody who has strong feeling of love, commitment or lust to items or structures.

The woman has been dating the 100-year old light fixture since 2017 said on Facebook that her love for the chandelier “just happened”.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/woman-engaged-to-chandelier-112207763.html

I guess if she divorce's that will be a Breakup!

:lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2019 at 10:37 AM, Dark_Grey said:

Imagine being a lonely 40 year old virgin, struggling to meet women and you read this. You have taken second place to a chandelier.

Are you sure coming in first in THAT race is really *winning*?  

• Haha 1

Was this the same woman who was married to a piece of the berlin wall? 

• Like 2

Since nonliving objects are unable to consent, I count this as rape :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Let's see one women marries a tree, another a bridge, another the statue of liberty, now a chandelier. Can we guess what the next one will be?

• Haha 1