Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Woman is engaged to a chandelier

52 posts in this topic

RoofGardener
On 7/28/2019 at 1:23 PM, Still Waters said:

A woman who ‘had a long-distance relationship with the Statue of Liberty’ is now engaged to a chandelier.

Amanda Liberty, 35, from London, describes herself an an “objectophile”.

An objectophile is somebody who has strong feeling of love, commitment or lust to items or structures.

The woman has been dating the 100-year old light fixture since 2017 said on Facebook that her love for the chandelier “just happened”.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/woman-engaged-to-chandelier-112207763.html

Oookay. Mental Illness. Move on ? 

• Haha 2

ScotDeerie
20 hours ago, Amanda Evans said:

So many questions...

:::praying:::  Please don't ask.  Please don't ask. Please don't ask.

• Haha 1

kobolds

Really people are ok with this but for gay married , alot people make noise .

• Like 1

skliss

Again..another person not getting the help they need in a PC world.

• Like 1

ScotDeerie
44 minutes ago, skliss said:

Again..another person not getting the help they need in a PC world.

Except, in this case, how could this possibly bother or hurt anyone?  If she's happy and her chandelier is happy, who cares?  Now if she starts having romantic trysts with it in the middle of a public park, well, that's probably when some intervention is needed, but for now... <shrug> meh.

skliss
11 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

Except, in this case, how could this possibly bother or hurt anyone?  If she's happy and her chandelier is happy, who cares?  Now if she starts having romantic trysts with it in the middle of a public park, well, that's probably when some intervention is needed, but for now... <shrug> meh.

IMO these seemingly harmless affectations can hide deeper psychological issues and they'll never be addressed because people say "it's not hurting anyone"....maybe it's hurting her.

• Thanks 1

ScotDeerie
32 minutes ago, skliss said:

IMO these seemingly harmless affectations can hide deeper psychological issues and they'll never be addressed because people say "it's not hurting anyone"....maybe it's hurting her.

And when she asks for help or there is some external evidence that this is in someway disabling her from living life, then, fine, she should get help. But, until then, why not just keep personal judgement to ourselves and let her be happy in her beliefs?  Not everyone has to marry according to our own personal beliefs nor live a life we deem appropriate.  If she's getting along, paying her bills, working a job, not making plans to blow up the Statue of Liberty, etc., then leave her alone. There are such WORSE things going on than someone who wants an inanimate object for a spouse. 

Frankly, I had a live one and she may be onto something.

skliss
Just now, ScotDeerie said:

And when she asks for help or there is some external evidence that this is in someway disabling her from living life, then, fine, she should get help. But, until then, why not just keep personal judgement to ourselves and let her be happy in her beliefs?  Not everyone has to marry according to our own personal beliefs nor live a life we deem appropriate.  If she's getting along, paying her bills, working a job, not making plans to blow up the Statue of Liberty, etc., then leave her alone. There are such WORSE things going on than someone who wants an inanimate object for a spouse. 

Frankly, I had a live one and she may be onto something.

I had a friend who worked in an outpatient mental health facility for years and while I don't want to go into specific cases,there were several instance where people with seemingly harmless issues ended up in tragic circumstances. We keep saying that mental health issues are being ignored and not taken seriously when they result in shooting situations but shouldn't we address indicators like these too...before they become something else?

• Thanks 1

ScotDeerie
46 minutes ago, skliss said:

I had a friend who worked in an outpatient mental health facility for years and while I don't want to go into specific cases,there were several instance where people with seemingly harmless issues ended up in tragic circumstances. We keep saying that mental health issues are being ignored and not taken seriously when they result in shooting situations but shouldn't we address indicators like these too...before they become something else?

And so how do you solve this?  Does anyone who doesn't like something get to point and yell "MENTAL ILLNESS" and have someone locked up?  What if I don't like my neighbor who doesn't like to garden and I, as an avid gardener, think that's an abomination?  WHERE'S THE LINE?  Don't make me invoke Godwin's Law. 

• Like 1

Gwynbleidd
3 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

And so how do you solve this?  Does anyone who doesn't like something get to point and yell "MENTAL ILLNESS" and have someone locked up?  What if I don't like my neighbor who doesn't like to garden and I, as an avid gardener, think that's an abomination?  WHERE'S THE LINE?  Don't make me invoke Godwin's Law. 

We've essentially wrapped people up in cotton wool.  The question is, how do we unwrap them now? :huh: 

Sometimes, I don't think we should be so scared to be direct with people and straight up tell them what we think could be happening, instead of all of this holding back due to our fear of political correctness or the overly abundant amount of repercussions that go along with speaking our mind today.  :yes: 

• Like 1

Hammerclaw

Their wedding night will be positively electric!

ScotDeerie
8 hours ago, pixiii said:

We've essentially wrapped people up in cotton wool.  The question is, how do we unwrap them now? :huh: 

Sometimes, I don't think we should be so scared to be direct with people and straight up tell them what we think could be happening, instead of all of this holding back due to our fear of political correctness or the overly abundant amount of repercussions that go along with speaking our mind today.  :yes: 

Of course we don't know if this woman hasn't been told a million times she's fruitcake. I don't think people hold back at all.  Seems to me that today everyone is shooting their mouths off about any little thought that crosses their minds. I doubt very much that she's gone her whole life without someone mentioning she needs help. I just don't think she's the worst nutball out there. I'd like to get the violent ones off the streets first.

• Like 1

tmcom
On 7/31/2019 at 8:20 AM, spartan max2 said:

Since nonliving objects are unable to consent, I count this as rape :angry:

All in all, just another brick in the wall.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:38 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

Let's see one women marries a tree, another a bridge, another the statue of liberty, now a chandelier. Can we guess what the next one will be?

Umm, Laptops are taken, probably the tv, LCD tv's are pretty sexy, and they have a large, glass surface,....hmmm, enough said.

Maybe tieing this nutter up, and putting his car through the crusher, might make him snap out of it, but maybe, not he will probably go for a similar colored toaster next.

:o

Jon the frog

At least, these silly woman will not have kids and will not pass their bad genome. Darwin save the day!

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

tmcom

I guess her relationship is multifaceted.

Or no one can hold a candle up to this one.

I'll stop now.

:lol:

• Haha 1

aztek

it is a brave new liberal world,  wait till it starts gaining momentum, they will allow marriages with animals, and objects, and it will be dead serious. and we'll have to treat it as normal or you will be jailed for a hate crime.  sounds a lot like sodom and gamorah of our times

ScotDeerie
3 hours ago, tmcom said:

I guess her relationship is multifaceted.

Or no one can hold a candle up to this one.

I'll stop now.

I didn't have a glimmer of understanding before.  You have enlightened me. I will try hard not to switch this off.

• Haha 2

ScotDeerie
22 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is a brave new liberal world,  wait till it starts gaining momentum, they will allow marriages with animals, and objects, and it will be dead serious. and we'll have to treat it as normal or you will be jailed for a hate crime.  sounds a lot like sodom and gamorah of our times

Seems to me I recall stories of people marrying animals in other countries but I can't be bothered to look that up.  I still don't think marrying an inanimate object is the problem that's going to bring the world to an end. It all seems so trite when mad little white boys with guns are mowing people down en masse.

Edited by ScotDeerie
ban assault weapons NOW
  • Haha 1

aztek

well do not make little white boys mad, 

ScotDeerie
1 hour ago, aztek said:

well do not make little white boys mad, 

Was that a serious reply? Are you not aware of back channel chat boards and a president who stokes their hatred constantly?  I will exit here since this is not the place to get political but "don't make them mad" is just really p***ing on the graves of a lot of innocent people who aren't even in their graves yet.  

aztek
19 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Was that a serious reply? Are you not aware of back channel chat boards and a president who stokes their hatred constantly?  I will exit here since this is not the place to get political but "don't make them mad" is just really p***ing on the graves of a lot of innocent people who aren't even in their graves yet.  

not really, it was a jab at your wise a$$ reply, but something did made him mad to that point, you need to figure what it was before you make someone else flip out. as i see gun surrender is not really a hit with your residents, what is the compliance rate, 10% at best?

back channel boards?? nope never heard of such,  but i'll take your word for it, since you obviously familiar with them, 

as far as president, nope, i am aware of liberal msm industry trying to make it look like he does, but it is nothing but  a lie,  if black people come to his rallies with a banner president is not racist, i'll take their word for it over anyone on the internet, or any msm outrage articles,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

tmcom
1 hour ago, ScotDeerie said:

I didn't have a glimmer of understanding before.  You have enlightened me. I will try hard not to switch this off.

So you had a Light-bulb moment?

I always like a Glowing testimonial.

And that your understanding is now Crystal Clear.

• Haha 1

skliss
On 8/2/2019 at 9:10 PM, ScotDeerie said:

So as usual....a simple comment gets turned I to a big drama.....all I said is that people should first stop celebrating them and being PC when there is an obvious disconnect.. Using gardening as an example is obviously far off the mark. Rather than encouraging people who think they are mermaids trapped in a human body we should recommend they talk to a professional.

• Like 1

ScotDeerie
22 hours ago, skliss said:

Rather than encouraging people who think they are mermaids trapped in a human body we should recommend they talk to a professional.

And why do you assume that hasn't been recommended to her dozens of times? It's hard to get an adult, who's not a danger to themselves or others, to seek -- or be forced to take -- medical help.

ScotDeerie
On 7/31/2019 at 2:38 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

Let's see one women marries a tree, another a bridge, another the statue of liberty, now a chandelier. Can we guess what the next one will be?

A Sybian? I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, TTTT.