Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists invent zoomable contact lenses

UM-Bot

I'd really like to know how this could work without something physically moving in and out (like a zoom lens) on your eye. I mean, if it functions like an actual zoom lens, how could it work when placed on an eye like a contact lens? I could see a zoom lens implant, or zooming eye glasses, but not something that is worn like a contact lens...Unless its travel is less than 1mm...

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Seti42 said:

I'd really like to know how this could work without something physically moving in and out (like a zoom lens) on your eye. I mean, if it functions like an actual zoom lens, how could it work when placed on an eye like a contact lens? I could see a zoom lens implant, or zooming eye glasses, but not something that is worn like a contact lens...Unless its travel is less than 1mm...

image.png.f358c28f9fb1be16d79ae86834dd5e40.png

• Haha 2

gosh wish I could get that in growing old, my eyes muscles now all see double visions:)   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

gosh wish I could get that in growing old, my eyes muscles now all see double visions:)   

So you got Twice as many friends. That's why I drink, I always have a party around me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine having technical difficulties with something like this?

"ARGH! I can't zoom out!?!? WHY?!"

"HELP, I'm stuck between zooms! EVERYTHING'S BLURRY!! :cry:"

:lol:

11 hours ago, Seti42 said:

I assume it's more along the lines of adjusting the bend/thickness of the contact lenses in order to replicate some slight zooming capabilities.

I'm not sure how it's been implemented but I'm somewhat doubtful of the effectiveness of the 'zoom'. Will have to find out more about these in future and see what kind of progress is made. ^_^

My interpretation is that it would enable you to go from near sight to long distance, rather than acting like binoculars. But what do I know!

Voyeurism dearest :D