Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass shooting at California Garlic Fest

and-then

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

No the shooter is a white guy, hence all the quick attempts to deflet the conversation to Chicago early in the thread

Who was talking about Chicago?

38 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a major misconception. People absolutely can be deported in sanctuary cities. Local governments just wont do the work, or absorb the cost, for the federal government in those cities.

Yes, of course they can.  However, by not allowing the local authorities to help protect themselves is a game of attrition.  ICE cannot be everywhere all the time.  Effectively keeping an open border.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, of course they can.  However, by not allowing the local authorities to help protect themselves is a game of attrition.  ICE cannot be everywhere all the time.  Effectively keeping an open border.

No its not an open border. Its about priorities. If ICE wants to get them they can.

Honestly I can understand the anger at the concept on the surface.

Personally digging deeper I see the value in protecting the small government and as someone who has worked public safety in one way or another for a lifetime I see the value in maintaining a cooperative and compliant populace.

Edited by Farmer77

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

.Back on topic, like @and then said it is impossible to completely ban guns, as you all in the UK & Australia know, and doing that is worse as a cure than the actual "disease".  No matter what the laws actually are there will be people who break them, and if the laws are not enforced it is a waste to make them stricter.

Unfortunately, as with so many things and then says, it's complete crap. 

As you say, we have banned most guns in the UK. We haven't had a mass shooting for years so I'm pretty sure it is possible if you have the will. 

So you're saying the cure (which leads to no mass shootings) is worse than the disease (which has killed something like 3000 Americans so far this year)? Yeah, that tracks. 

If, of course, you'd rather have your toys to compensate for your anatomical deficiencies than living children, well that's your choice as a society. *snip*

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

Unfortunately, as with so many things and then says, it's complete crap. 

As you say, we have banned most guns in the UK. We haven't had a mass shooting for years so I'm pretty sure it is possible if you have the will. 

So you're saying the cure (which leads to no mass shootings) is worse than the disease (which has killed something like 3000 Americans so far this year)? Yeah, that tracks. 

If, of course, you'd rather have your toys to compensate for your anatomical deficiencies than living children, well that's your choice as a society. You're the lowest kind of scum for choosing it but it's your choice. 

No, and we haven't had very many bombings but you all get them quite often from what I hear.  We have a constitution that guarantees our right to own and bear arms.  Because of you lot, we have that written in our constitution, up near the top.

52 minutes ago, susieice said:

Who was talking about Chicago?

8th post in the thread.  Very early deflection.  Border control was broached just a few later, in the 11th post.  Of course, the very 1st post immediately brought up gun control.

Nothing but class.  I'm glad we can toss a few more bodies on the altar of the 2nd Amendment.  A small price to pay for the right of people to obtain guns and shoot up food festivals.  I'm glad the system works.

7 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

8th post in the thread.  Very early deflection.  Border control was broached just a few later, in the 11th post.  Of course, the very 1st post immediately brought up gun control.

Nothing but class.  I'm glad we can toss a few more bodies on the altar of the 2nd Amendment.  A small price to pay for the right of people to obtain guns and shoot up food festivals.  I'm glad the system works.

It is every day in Chicago. And Philadelphia. These people you speak of aren't the people you seem to be referring to or the boomers young progressives yell about all the time. They're teens. Are you suggesting we should just turn over the cities to gangs and drugs? You're way too late to make that suggestion. After the shootings in Philly last night the police chief was on today's news lamenting how it's all young people. He's worried about retaliation now. Oh well.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

Cortez has said it isn't illegal for anyone to come in who wants to.  How is that not the same as open borders?

No. It is not illegal to ask for asylum. That is the difference braniac trump and his ilk do not understand.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

It is every day in Chicago. And Philadelphia. These people you speak of aren't the people you seem to be referring to or the boomers young progressives yell about all the time. They're teens. Are you suggesting we should just turn over the cities to gangs and drugs? You're way too late to make that suggestion. After the shootings in Philly last night the police chief was on today's news lamenting how it's all young people. He's worried about retaliation now. Oh well.

No.  Not suggesting that.  I have no earthly idea what would make you think I was.  Literally zero mention of anything like that in my post.

Jesus.  Getting a little tired of having frankly insulting questions asked on here for the purpose of strawmanning a position.

Open question for all: how many dead kids is the 2nd Amendment worth?    

1 minute ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

No.  Not suggesting that.  I have no earthly idea what would make you think I was.  Literally zero mention of anything like that in my post.

Jesus.  Getting a little tired of having frankly insulting questions asked on here for the purpose of strawmanning a position.

Open question for all: how many dead kids is the 2nd Amendment worth?    

My generation didn't have these problems. Guns and all. I don't know what to tell you. It's younger people doing this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, susieice said:

My generation didn't have these problems. Guns and all. I don't know what to tell you. It's younger people doing this.

Your generation raised this generation.  Your generation didn't have the same type of weapons and access.  Not that I know precisely how old you are, but there are many more guns around now than whenever you were born.  This data, by the way was pulled from a site called GUN WATCH.

image.png.d8db71f24f6eab5fb60991d84fc06243.png

Weird how a generation raised by a generation with a clearly fetishistic ideation on guns is imploding, using guns.  Very very weird.  I can't think of any connection to be made there.  No sir.

Also, look up the homicide rate from whenever your generation was 20-30.  I can nearly guarantee it was higher than today.  Blaming it all on the crazy young people ain't going to work this time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Your generation raised this generation.  Your generation didn't have the same type of weapons and access.  Not that I know precisely how old you are, but there are many more guns around now than whenever you were born.  This data, by the way was pulled from a site called GUN WATCH.

image.png.d8db71f24f6eab5fb60991d84fc06243.png

Weird how a generation raised by a generation with a clearly fetishistic ideation on guns is imploding, using guns.  Very very weird.  I can't think of any connection to be made there.  No sir.

Also, look up the homicide rate from whenever your generation was 20-30.  I can nearly guarantee it was higher than today.  Blaming it all on the crazy young people ain't going to work this time.

I'm sorry that you are so wrong. The boomers didn't have these problems. And they aren't doing it now.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

I'm sorry that you are so wrong. The boomers didn't have these problems. 

Right, they did however create the world that created these problems. Moral high ground you most definitely do not have.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Rarely do they. Of course people with above room temp IQ's can recognize whats actually happening, particularly in todays environment.

A desperate push to blame this on "incels" and white men to fan the flames of division so those in power can continue their plans of a global technocracy with impunity?

The shooter identified as Iranian-Italian which is a little convenient considering the latest push to go to war with Iran "by any means necessary". The profile was created shortly before the shooting and taken down after only 3 posts. Did he create this profile or was it created for him? Either way, it's funny how all the tweets blaming w-h-i-t-e-y suddenly stopped after the shooter's details were revealed. 

Spoiler

ad8702417b6a64e3f27962b11a05e849407c5daa

"Santino William Legan" - a strong, traditional white European name.

Here's an interesting post on 4chan. Thread was started this past Saturday, no posts for two days then someone addresses "journalists" with a rant tying the shooter to white nationalism via the video game FortNite. "FortNite is very popular game among white nationalits". Ok there. $10 is yours if you can find a MSM source citing this 4chan thread as "proof" that the shooter was a WN. I'm sure there's an article out there somewhere since race has replaced the weather when making small talk.

Spoiler

aa6f2413261e30101fcdd50800a29adff92671a7

It's also possible this was gang related.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Right, they did however create the world that created these problems. Moral high ground you most definitely do not have.

Wrong. Young people acting entitled and disrespectful caused the problems and the excuses. If anything we should have been stricter I guess. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, odas said:

No. It is not illegal to ask for asylum. That is the difference braniac trump and his ilk do not understand.

While it is not illegal to seek asylum, there is still a protocol in place to do so. When someone bypasses that protocol either because they do not qualify or they are not really seeking asylum then yes entering the country is illegal. This should not be difficult to understand. If we think the protocol to enter is broken then we need to ask congress to change it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

A desperate push to blame this on "incels" and white men to fan the flames of division so those in power can continue their plans of a global technocracy with impunity?

OOh i have to wonder who rushed to spread that defense ? Sounds like ...oh hell i forget his name, that moron who always wants to "debate" ...and who interestingly rushed to tell his followers not to mention the name or motive of the NZ shooter....damnit i am drawing a blank

Honestly just like you cant blame folks for thinking it was a muslim when a bomb goes off you really cant blame folks for thinking it is a right wing incel when a shooting happens.

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Wrong. Young people acting entitled and disrespectful caused the problems and the excuses. If anything we should have been stricter I guess. 

Sure thats it :tu:

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I'm sorry that you are so wrong. The boomers didn't have these problems. 

They had different ones, sure.  They just created these ones.

Good job!

Just now, Doc Socks Junior said:

They had different ones, sure.  They just created these ones.

Good job!

More excuses. You kids seem to think you invented everything.

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

Based on your last post to me they clearly didnt invent excuses

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure thats it :tu:

When I see boomers doing things like this and going into schools I'll listen to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Based on your last post to me they clearly didnt invent excuses

Whatever. Never going to change anyway. It will just get worse. I'm glad you think you're funny. You seem to always think that. You aren't.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

Words fail me.

Just now, susieice said:

When I see boomers doing things like this and going into schools I'll listen to you. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting

There you go.  Listen to me.

• Like 1