Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Map of Atlantis and Lemuria.

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

So you have all this additional landmass. Where did the ocean water all go then? (Please say hollow earth, please say hollow earth....)

Fish do get thirsty........and then there is always the hollow earth explanation.............now say thank you, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Are you science minded people really responding to this kind of obvious trolling? Lemuria? No way! Purely fiction from a fictitious past.

Atlantis? Yes! That's another story.

Has not science proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is not even a single shredded thread of evidence for an Atlantis in the past?

That old saying...go west young man, go west! For Atlantis it's.....go to the future young man, to the future west you must go!

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

So... Atlanteans used the Cyrillic alphabet a million years ago?

Neat trick, them using it a million years before it was invented. 

—Jaylemurph

Atlanteans were highly advanced, you see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Are you science minded people really responding to this kind of obvious trolling? Lemuria? No way! Purely fiction from a fictitious past.

Atlantis? Yes! That's another story.

Has not science proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is not even a single shredded thread of evidence for an Atlantis in the past?

That old saying...go west young man, go west! For Atlantis it's.....go to the future young man, to the future west you must go!

See, you’re poo-pooing Lemuria now. It’s started Pet, you’re becoming like us....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

See, you’re poo-pooing Lemuria now. It’s started Pet, you’re becoming like us....

Hunh. 

I think with that sentence you knocked down everyone else’s IQ a good couple of points. 

Maybe I should go back and re-read some of coil or Mario’s posts...

—Jaylemurph 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Myths are like ice cream flavors, I'm always selecting rocky road, as the other flavors don't appease to me. I'm just a loyalist at heart. One woman, one flavor, one myth, one mind, one mission, one country, and one God..Although sometimes, when times are hard for me, I think this last may also be a myth, and it may make me a bigamist, as far as myths go.

Am I becoming like "us", meaning "yous"? Maybe! But I must first show, and convince the world of the truth about Plato's Atlantis. As then I'll be the second best and brightest academic the world has ever seen, since my soul has been nearly the best of the best academics in past lives.

But becoming like yous means becoming birds of a feather, and I would have to keep company with "the" pecking bird, our bluejay. And that means bad company, since jay will never befriend me, nor even, minimally, accept me as one of yous. But I'm ready for love, baby. And baby means yous, in general, as yous, the world, will love me and my myth, which is no myth at all. And actually it's the last call before this school of life will close down for the summer break, as then the fun starts, in the summer. "When all the shadows have all gone."

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Hunh. 

I think with that sentence you knocked down everyone else’s IQ a good couple of points. 

Maybe I should go back and re-read some of coil or Mario’s posts...

—Jaylemurph 

Only a couple of points drop? You are getting softer by the minute, like ice cream. I would have expected at least a 10 points drop sentence.

11 hours ago, Mellon Man said:

So just to clarify. You are suggesting the atlantean civilazation was at it's height around 1.000.000 - 800.000 years ago, following the thesis by Scoot-Elliott?

You can read what the early Atlanteans and Lemurians were

https://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/English/RSPI1959/GA011_c03.html

https://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/English/RSPI1959/GA011_c05.html

8 hours ago, Trelane said:

So you have all this additional landmass. Where did the ocean water all go then?

If you are so interested then initially when the Earth was still hot there were no oceans and water, and all living beings swam in a watery fog and the earth was bubbling with volcanoes and harmful secretions and lightning flashed constantly in the air causing electricity to awaken the necessary vibrations and only when the temperature began to fall and the water condensed and the bodies cooled, the water and thin continent of Lemuria appeared which was not originally physical. Because everything develops from the spiritual and the thin to the dense and physical.

So it is said that the first root race of the Earth consisted of gelatinous amorphous creatures and "got its breath of life from the sun."

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yes there are.

First off, 9000 BP is 7000 BC, so:

Maroulas Site on Kythnos:  circa 8800 BC - 8600 BC

Pre-Sesklo:  c. 7510 BC — c. 6190 BC

And earliest evidence of H. sapiens at Apidima Cave (recent find):  circa 210,000 BP

Just for example. 

cormac

I should have been more accurate... no cities in Greece at that time period (I kind of thought I was being obvious when I mentioned tribes, but...apparently not.)  In any case, I meant no cities back then in Greece.

1 hour ago, Coil said:

You can read what the early Atlanteans and Lemurians were

https://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/English/RSPI1959/GA011_c03.html

https://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/English/RSPI1959/GA011_c05.html

If you are so interested then initially when the Earth was still hot there were no oceans and water, and all living beings swam in a watery fog and the earth was bubbling with volcanoes and harmful secretions and lightning flashed constantly in the air causing electricity to awaken the necessary vibrations and only when the temperature began to fall and the water condensed and the bodies cooled, the water and thin continent of Lemuria appeared which was not originally physical. Because everything develops from the spiritual and the thin to the dense and physical.

So it is said that the first root race of the Earth consisted of gelatinous amorphous creatures and "got its breath of life from the sun."

My brain tried to escape via my ear after reading the first line of one of those links. 

Matikins, My theology holds that once a week I literally eat God’s body and drink His blood and your links are cray-cray.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

My brain tried to escape via my ear after reading the first line of one of those links. 

Matikins, My theology holds that once a week I literally eat God’s body and drink His blood and your links are cray-cray.

I didn't figure for God being in you...I knew he lingered somewhere, but in your bowels? I'm changing my theology, as I'm not a cannibal, literally.

cray-cray.......crayfish? You prefer meat only, I suppose.

16 hours ago, Coil said:

This map is early and it shows the presence and modern continents because the ancient Lemuria is highlighted in red and the modern continents are simply outlined with black outlines. 

Lemuria was posited to exist as a way of explaining why Lemurs exist in both Madagascar and India, before continental drift was discovered. How do you guys not know this? There was no other "evidence" for its existence. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I should have been more accurate... no cities in Greece at that time period (I kind of thought I was being obvious when I mentioned tribes, but...apparently not.)  In any case, I meant no cities back then in Greece.

Sounds like an appeal to purity. 

And if you're saying the "final dive" was 9,000 years ago, there's no settlements in Greece that old or older.  There ARE in Egypt, but there's no indication of any Atlantean influence.

If you meant cities instead of settlements, then can you please elabrote on which Egyptian cities you are referring to? As far as I know, no prehistoric city in Egypt has been discovered as of yet, which dates to this period. 

53 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I didn't figure for God being in you...I knew he lingered somewhere, but in your bowels? 

Given some of the aroma’s I’ve generated in my time, I think it’s more Lucifer in my bowls than the Lord.

• Haha 1

Great more Atlantis just what we all knew we never wanted..... Peter gets pop corn and coke to watch the madness progress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Can you provide a source link please?

It's complete fiction.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well this map is going back perhaps well more than a hundred thousand years ago. I'd be interested to see this map put side-by-side a map of how 'science' thought the map looked like at the same time. This might show some interesting similarities in how things changed.

100,000 years ago, the world looked more or less the same as it does now.  Although as that would put is back into the Eemian interglacial, there may have been less extensive ice cover on Greenland (but don't tell Polar! :o )

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Trelane said:

So you have all this additional landmass. Where did the ocean water all go then? (Please say hollow earth, please say hollow earth....)

More t the point, where did the landmass go?   Continental crust doesn't just disappear into thin air.  Nor does it reform elsewhere out of nothing.

But as this is all complete and utter uninformed fiction invented by someone wholly ignorant of geology or Earth history, I suppose it's really a moot point.  Like asking how Thor flies.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Peter Cox said:

Peter gets pop corn and coke to watch the madness progress. 

Piney gets a stiff drink and attends group therapy. :o

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Hahahah - love it 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peter Cox said:

Hahahah - love it 

The worst part about it is I don't drink. But after all the Alantstupid I decided to start. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

The worst part about it is I don't drink. But after all the Alantstupid I decided to start. :yes:

Well dont start ill take care of the drinking on your behalf lol 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Cox said:

Well dont start ill take care of the drinking on your behalf lol 

:lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Given some of the aroma’s I’ve generated in my time, I think it’s more Lucifer in my bowls than the Lord.

It's really the same, as Lucifer is God's "Second" begotten Son, the sinful one. All in the family though! But perhaps it's only gas colic you are feeling. Let out some wind and you should feel less sinful.

< sigh> 

Atlantis doesn't exist. It was an allegory in a story by Plato. 

Lemuria doesn't exist. It was a theory by a 19th century biologist to try and explain distribution of certain animals. There was never any physical evidence for it; not even in myths and legends. The theory was abandoned when Plate Tectonics where discovered, as (a) it explained the animal distributions, and (b) there is physical evidence for it. 

Hyperborea assumes that mankind originated at the poles. All biological, geological, historical and anthropomorphic evidence contradicts this. It was just a greek myth; the hyperboreans where some sort of quasi-supernatural giants. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked