Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US serviceman opens up about Rendlesham

21 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

just 1 more trying to jump on the bandwagon :sleepy:

Too full..He'll never get on it...Guess he'll just have to run behind it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ah yes of course, Rendelsham again...

As I see it it all comes down to this. Are all these credible high ranking fine people crazy or lying!?

I dont know. So? Maybe, maybe not. Have you ever seen one jot of proof that any of whats been sighted, reported, filmed, or photographed has ever, in any way, been shown to be alien. I do not deny that some things might be alien. Im all for that. What I do deny is that there has been any proof of it. You see, I do not deal in belief when it comes to this type of stuff. I deal in knowledge. There is a vast difference between the two. You may believe all you want to. But knowledge requires a higher standard than that which propels belief.

There is no reason to get upset about it. What needs to be understood is the burden of proof that science and its method requires. As believers in the ETH begin to build the case about UFO = Aliens, the foundation of this is built on hear say, speculations, theories, guess work, assumptions, beliefs and emotions. But there are no real scientific evidence or facts. Until we can prove 100% that these are not earth based phenomenon - we are guessing.

So, what it all comes down to is EVIDENCE..!!!

Were is it!?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Ah yes of course, Rendelsham again...

As I see it it all comes down to this. Are all these credible high ranking fine people crazy or lying!?

I dont know. So? Maybe, maybe not. Have you ever seen one jot of proof that any of whats been sighted, reported, filmed, or photographed has ever, in any way, been shown to be alien. I do not deny that some things might be alien. Im all for that. What I do deny is that there has been any proof of it. You see, I do not deal in belief when it comes to this type of stuff. I deal in knowledge. There is a vast difference between the two. You may believe all you want to. But knowledge requires a higher standard than that which propels belief.

There is no reason to get upset about it. What needs to be understood is the burden of proof that science and its method requires. As believers in the ETH begin to build the case about UFO = Aliens, the foundation of this is built on hear say, speculations, theories, guess work, assumptions, beliefs and emotions. But there are no real scientific evidence or facts. Until we can prove 100% that these are not earth based phenomenon - we are guessing.

So, what it all comes down to is EVIDENCE..!!!

Were is it!?

Were is it!?

It's in the conspiracy theory..That's all the UFO phenomena is built on...Strip away the conspiracy theory and what's left? Nothing.. That's what drives the UFO crowd, conspiracy theory. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Minimalists said:

It's in the conspiracy theory..That's all the UFO phenomena is built on...Strip away the conspiracy theory and what's left? Nothing.. That's what drives the UFO crowd, conspiracy theory. 

The UFO phenom is not built on conspiracy at all. Its based on thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, heck maybe millions of eye witnesses over several decades. People of every shape, size, profession etc,,,, I personally witnessed a flying saucer over my home flying like a bumble bee for a half hour back in the summer of 94. They exist, and there is no other way about it. Are they alien? I have no idea.

Because of my personal experience, I can at least consider the possibility that this could be true. Now don't get me wrong. I know people lie about these things. That there are tons of hoaxes out there. But I can promise you, they are not all misunderstanding and hoaxes.

I guess my point is, for people like me these stories can be fascinating, and more then worth enquiring, and talking about. And that comes from a POV, unfortunately, that folks like yourself just cant understand.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Ok, so he claims he saw something during the time period when LTC Halt and his team saw something. Why then did he wait almost 40 years to join in on this?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The UFO phenom is not built on conspiracy at all. Its based on thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, heck maybe millions of eye witnesses over several decades. People of every shape, size, profession etc,,,, I personally witnessed a flying saucer over my home flying like a bumble bee for a half hour back in the summer of 94. They exist, and there is no other way about it. Are they alien? I have no idea.

Because of my personal experience, I can at least consider the possibility that this could be true. Now don't get me wrong. I know people lie about these things. That there are tons of hoaxes out there. But I can promise you, they are not all misunderstanding and hoaxes.

I guess my point is, for people like me these stories can be fascinating, and more then worth enquiring, and talking about. And that comes from a POV, unfortunately, that folks like yourself just cant understand.  

Conspiracy..Plain and simple..Ufologists p***ing and moaning about how the government is covering all this up that's what drives it...Eyewitnesses are irrelevant because only the people that believe in UFO's are going to buy what they claim they saw. And it only carries weight with those who believe..

And that comes from a POV, unfortunately, that folks like yourself just cant understand.  

You don't know what the HELL I understand....Get the HELL over yourself! DAMN this ****!

Edited by Minimalists
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

Ok, so he claims he saw something during the time period when LTC Halt and his team saw something. Why then did he wait almost 40 years to join in on this?

Saw these $$$$$$

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Until we can prove 100% that these are not earth based phenomenon - we are guessing.

Of course we're guessing. So?  100% proof requires that such a craft be shot down - or land of its own volition. Hehummm… I just don't see that happening any time too soon :)

In the meantime, we have UM to express our beliefs. Isn't it wonderful?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rolci said:

So people like Snowden should stay quiet about what they know, because "there is a bandwagon"? It's a miracle Wikileaks still exists. People are just not interested in information in the age of... uhm... information?

No, they are free to make whatever claims they want.  Just as we skeptical types are free to point out what a terrible, terrible shame and unfortunate coincidence it is that with all these stories, there is NOT ONE single example that is reasonably documented/evidenced (to show non-terrestrial origin, I mean).  Not one.  Not from the 'heyday' when people were less well-informed.  Not from now when sky surveillance is thousands of times more intense and millions more people carry (increasingly good) cameras...

Not one.

Such a shame.  I mean, surely any day now .... Because, let's face it, no human could make up a story, or desire money or 15 minutes of fame, or be deluded, or misremember, or exaggerate, or have hallucinated from tiredness or drugs, or ..... shall I continue?  Or any combination of the above...

And no, I'm not being sarcastic, or patronising... heaven's no, not me, uh-uh....  oh wait.

And almost every night I wander outside for a time to reflect and relax by looking at the heavens.. (DSLR camera nearby..).  I see planes, choppers, satellites, meteors, bright planets & stars, RC drones (I live near a club), and during the day, the odd weather or helium party balloon, birds and bugs, debris caught in the wind and so on..  Been doing that for well over half a century, and nothing truly unidentified or of non-terrestrial attributes has appeared..  Gosh darn I'm so unlucky.  And so are others who might do the same, across the globe....

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 5

Oh, and here's a test for both UFO=aliens believers and skeptics....

When was the possibility of the Battle of LA involving aliens first raised?

A. At the time

B. In the 50's

C. In the 60's

D. In the 70's

E. In the 80's, in the form of a proven (and very obviously) faked letter

I'll give you a hint, although I'm guessing you've probably already nailed this one.  It's not A, B, C, or D.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The important thing to remember is that UFOs obviously exist as the acronym UFO directly stands for Unidentified Flying Object. To anyone uneducated almost everything in the sky is a UFO.

The place where everything falls apart is when someone attempts to bring aliens into the matter. Just because an object in the sky is unknown to some doesn't mean it's definitively aliens, that's just irrational. The scientific community requires physical evidence of aliens prior to being able to bring aliens into the equation. Photos and personal testimonies aren't verifiable through testing, so they are discounted.

The word 'alien' just seems to be a placeholder used in ignorance as it suggests we have knowledge of something we don't actually have knowledge about. A less volatile and more accurate word is 'unknown'. ^_^

• Like 3

About the Battle of LA ... What made that incident into "Alien spaceship over LA" is that one picture, and sure, with a little imagination it can look as if there were something big caught in the searchlights. I believe that the official explanation is correct, and there was nothing in the searchlights at all, nothing extraterrestrial anyway.

There were multiple air raid alarms and firing of antiaircraft weapons at the numerous "Japanese planes" spotted over LA and other areas at that time... What is seen as "something" in the searchlight is probably the underside of clouds/smoke from the nearly 2,000 rounds of 12 pound, high explosive shells detonating at a particular preset height.

A careful study of the evidence suggests that meteorological balloons—known to have been released over Los Angeles —may well have caused the initial alarm. This theory is supported by the fact that anti-aircraft artillery units were officially criticized for having wasted ammunition on targets which moved too slowly to have been airplanes.

After the firing started, careful observation was difficult because of drifting smoke from shell bursts. The acting commander of the anti-aircraft artillery brigade in the area testified that he had first been convinced that he had seen fifteen planes in the air, but had quickly decided that he was seeing smoke

http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist9/aaf2.html

All we have here is what some people believe (40 years after the incident) looks like a saucer and a radar hit... thats all you have. If that is all it takes for you to claim that we are being attacked by aliens, then I truly feel sorry for you.
Bottom line, no one can say what it was and we will probably never know for sure,... as with all of these fantastic stories all there is are speculations.
Edited by Hazzard
im not saying
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That there are tons of hoaxes out there. But I can promise you, they are not all misunderstanding and hoaxes.

How could you possibly know this? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rolci said:

So people like Snowden should stay quiet about what they know, because "there is a bandwagon"? It's a miracle Wikileaks still exists. People are just not interested in information in the age of... uhm... information?

Speaking of which, despite their hacks, all Assange found nothing in government files connecting UFOs and anything to do with other planets. All he found was kooky and dangerous UFO cults on file. 

WikiLeaks' UFO Cables: More About Raelian Cult Than Alien Life

Edited by psyche101

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

Because I saw one. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Minimalists said:

Conspiracy..Plain and simple..Ufologists p***ing and moaning about how the government is covering all this up that's what drives it...Eyewitnesses are irrelevant because only the people that believe in UFO's are going to buy what they claim they saw. And it only carries weight with those who believe..

That's ridiculous. I couldn't have cared less about the UFO subject, nor did the three other people with me, the night we saw this craft. I hadn't spent one second before this considering government cover up of UFO's. Haven't spent much time on that subject even after I saw it. Funny how you wrongly presume to know about my motives, then go on to say this............

You don't know what the HELL I understand....Get the HELL over yourself! DAMN this ****!

Oh I see. Believe it or not this comment tells me much more about what you don't understand then anything else you've said so far. I only hope for your sake that you are young. Like very young.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

That's ridiculous. I couldn't have cared less about the UFO subject, nor did the three other people with me, the night we saw this craft. I hadn't spent one second before this considering government cover up of UFO's.

Oh I see. Believe it or not this comment tells me much more about what you don't understand then anything else you've said so far. I only hope for your sake that you are young. Like very young.

You're much like EoT wanting me to chase you down some rabbit hole, well that's not going tp happen..

Another rabbit hole comment...Not following you there either...You should take Dr Phil's place and stop trying to psychoanalyze me. Young? Not hardly...It just don't take much for internet "know it alls" to p**s me off. When you talk down to people what reaction do you think you're going to get? Sometimes my Scottish/Irish side comes out and it is not pretty. Some folks here want to post these UFO/Alien encounters and just expect some of us to swallow it hook, line and sinker...Then when we come down on them  they start this whoa is me s**t like we are picking on them...Give me break!

If some one is going to post UFO/Alien encounter's then have the thick skin to deal with what you know is coming...I don't have anything against anyone here weather you have seen a UFO, Alien or Godzilla headed toward Japan. Some folks think they are above everyone else and what they say is some how etched in stone...Ufology is a pseudoscience/paranormal subject and the gist of it is none of us are experts!

There are no UFO experts! Only expert wanna be's!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Minimalists said:

You're much like EoT wanting me to chase you down some rabbit hole, well that's not going tp happen..

You are the one claiming every UFO sighting is by people who believe the government is covering up UFO's. That's just as deep a rabbit hole as anything I've said.

Another rabbit hole comment...Not following you there either...You should take Dr Phil's place and stop trying to psychoanalyze me. Young? Not hardly...It just don't take much for internet "know it alls" to p**s me off. When you talk down to people what reaction do you think you're going to get? Sometimes my Scottish/Irish side comes out and it is not pretty. Some folks here want to post these UFO/Alien encounters and just expect some of us to swallow it hook, line and sinker...Then when we come down on them  they start this whoa is me s**t like we are picking on them...Give me break!

If some one is going to post UFO/Alien encounter's then have the thick skin to deal with what you know is coming...I don't have anything against anyone here weather you have seen a UFO, Alien or Godzilla headed toward Japan. Some folks think they are above everyone else and what they say is some how etched in stone...Ufology is a pseudoscience/paranormal subject and the gist of it is none of us are experts!

There are no UFO experts! Only expert wanna be's!

But don't you see, you are the one claiming to know it all. I'm not claiming to know anything about the origin of UFO's. My claim is that I saw one, that's it. With you knowing nothing about my story, went on to tell me I'm a conspiracy theorist who thinks the government is trying to cover up what I saw. Not only that but if you saw it, you wouldn't be fooled into thinking it was a UFO. Truth is if you had been there that night, you would without question believe in fly saucers. Now that not to say you'd know where they came from, but you'd know they exist.

I never said anything about being a UFO expert. Nor do I care what so called experts have to say.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Because I saw one. 

Im sorry if you have told this story before but I would really like to hear exactly what happened and how you came to the conclusion that it could only have been ET in origin.

• Thanks 1

Maybe it is true. It sounds like a plasma or min min type phenomena. A reddish ball hovering 2 feet of the ground is nothing like the conflicting childish craft stories, and surely not an alien craft, but they did follow a light, perhaps a natural phenomena guided them to the lighthouse? 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Because I saw one. 

And it's not possible that you also fell victim to misidentification?

• Thanks 1