Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy dies after being pushed in front of train

itsnotoutthere

An eight-year-old boy died and his mother was injured when a man pushed them in front of a high speed train at Frankfurt railway station in Germany.

An Eritrean man has been arrested over the attack, which happened on Monday morning.

Witnesses said the man deliberately pushed the boy and his mother on to the tracks before trying to run away. He was chased and stopped by passers-by.

The 40-year-old suspect attempted to push a third person but failed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49155293

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Sad 9

The deadly incident was the 2nd one. Last week a 34yo woman was pushed in front of a train in the City of Voerde/Germany.

• Sad 9

Here's an idea - maybe put safety railings around the tracks and avoid accidents and deliberate pushings altogether.

• Like 7

What's the world coming to. You just don't know who's walking the streets. 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Put the animal down. No mercy.

and don't waste a dime doing it. Just smash his skull in with a brick.....

• Like 4

Why do they list the murderers nationality but not that of his victims?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What the hell is wrong with people?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

and don't waste a dime doing it. Just smash his skull in with a brick.....

Push him in front of the tracks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Michelle said:

If you ever find out by all means tell us, because I'm lost on this as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Why do they list the murderers nationality but not that of his victims?

Because, thats what the BBC do. On reporting the shootings in America the other day, for some reason they had to say that the shooter was white. Why?

How they managed to stop themselves from shoehorning in the phrase 'extreme right wing' is a miracle.

Actually, on reflection it's surprising they did mention his nationality, that's usually the sort of detail they would rather leave out.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5

On the other hand, I`ve never understood people who stand just one feet, or less, away from the edge while waiting for the train. When I have to wait for a train, and fortunately thats very rare, I stand in the middle of the platform because I feel extremely uncomfortable with people behind my back. Yeah, that sounds kind of paranoid but thats my procedure for decades because I know there is at least one lunatic per 100 and I dont give them any chance for such a stunt.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Here's an idea - maybe put safety railings around the tracks and avoid accidents and deliberate pushings altogether.

We do have some train stations here in Germany with safety railing but only on routes where our ICE high speed trains pass the station without stop and above 200km/h.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

What's the world coming to. You just don't know who's walking the streets. 

Some of it is mental illness, as always.  I think it's more than that though.  For a couple of years now I have begun to notice an increasing level of anger, even outrage over what used to be considered petty differences.  It just seems that people are quick to be offended and it is especially severe in our politics.  It will be interesting to see if the motive for his actions will ever be made public and what Germany will do to him.  Intentionally taking a child's life is an abomination, IMO.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Put the animal down. No mercy.

I`m totally against this as the guy needs to spend the rest of his life concentrating on what he did.

A more appropriate punishment would be to tie him to the tracks, let a train take his legs off, then lock him up for life so he can reflect over his actions.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

Some of it is mental illness, as always.  I think it's more than that though.  For a couple of years now I have begun to notice an increasing level of anger, even outrage over what used to be considered petty differences.  It just seems that people are quick to be offended and it is especially severe in our politics.  It will be interesting to see if the motive for his actions will ever be made public and what Germany will do to him.  Intentionally taking a child's life is an abomination, IMO.  

The UK, USA, and Germany, are the top three when it comes to the level of mental illness in our societies.

I think the problem is our cultures promote narcissism, narcissistic parents mess their children up, and then the children are left with all kind of mental health issues going on. The official figures have all three of us running at a quarter of the population who suffer from a diagnosable mental health problem in any given year.

In comparison Spain and Italy have very low levels (less than 10% of the population). Could it be they promote Catholic values instead of having a culture encouraging narcissism? I think there is also something else going on with the USA because its a mass shooting every other day over there. I blame water fluoridation.

• Like 3

The Eritrean man accused of murdering a young boy at a German train station had previously been featured in a Swiss brochure as an example of successful integration, it has emerged. 

Habte Araya, 40, was pictured in 2017 by the Swiss labour agency which had found him a job, and gave an interview in which he said he 'liked almost everything about Switzerland'. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7305461/Pictured-Eritrean-man-accused-killing-young-boy-Germany.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

On 29.7.2019 at 10:55 PM, Carnoferox said:

Too expensive and too complicated.

There was a warrant on this guy for days from the Swiss police. But with no border controls and unsufficiant cooperation...
I commuted for decades by train and never happened anything like this. Life is dangerous, each day and everywhere. There is no such thing like 'security' and freedom is more important for me than surveillance and police presence.

On 30.7.2019 at 12:40 PM, RabidMongoose said:

The UK, USA, and Germany, are the top three when it comes to the level of mental illness in our societies.

Yes, we are all mentally ill. These societies make us sick.

18 minutes ago, Katzenking said:

Too expensive and too complicated.

There was a warrant on this guy for days from the Swiss police. But with no border controls and unsufficiant cooperation...
I commuted for decades by train and never happened anything like this. Life is dangerous, each day and everywhere. There is no such thing like 'security' and freedom is more important for me than surveillance and police presence.

Yes, we are all mentally ill. These societies make us sick.

Its around about 25% of people not the whole population. With Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) in most countries its 2% to 5% of the population but in the US, UK, and DE, its 15%. Its because we have an abuse problem going on behind closed doors where parents attack and breakdown the identities of their young children. We also have high rates of the other personality disorders and in people that dont have the genetic potential to develop one when abused, they have high rates of anxiety and depression.

We really dont do a good job at looking after our youth.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2019 at 6:40 AM, RabidMongoose said:

I think the problem is our cultures promote narcissism, narcissistic parents mess their children up, and then the children are left with all kind of mental health issues going on. The official figures have all three of us running at a quarter of the population who suffer from a diagnosable mental health problem in any given year.

In comparison Spain and Italy have very low levels (less than 10% of the population). Could it be they promote Catholic values instead of having a culture encouraging narcissism? I think there is also something else going on with the USA because its a mass shooting every other day over there. I blame water fluoridation.

It's the way of life. Stress. Mental Illnes is very low in countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, France, Scandinavian countries...comparing to US or Germany.

It is the family first attitude that keeps mental illnes on lower levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, and then said:

It just seems that people are quick to be offended and it is especially severe in our politics.

Agreed, but it is not just politics.  School shooters and crowd shootings are not political, they are very personal acts of rage and revenge by angry distorted people.  Revenge on innocent strangers?  I suspect so in some peoples minds the whole world is their enemy.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, Michelle said:

I think it is much the same.  What has increased is the pressure, crowding and stress in the world.  I will take the optimistic side and say that  it is one in a hundred thousand people that are this disturbed  Still in our populated world, we brush up against those ragers all to frequently.  

On the pessimistic side, if we put barricade walls on subway platforms  with doors that only open when the train has arrived and stopped, there are still street corners with trucks passing by, freeway overpasses to throw rocks from,  shopping malls, schools and public assemblies everywhere  to work mischief.  

Is there any way to identify these disturbed people before they murder some innocent?  Can we apprehend him alive and interrogate him and find something in his thought patterns? Can we perform tests and an autopsy to find chemical or hormonal imbalances or disease or tumor?  Is there a tip off?  Could a blood test or a brain scan be found that would identify this thought pattern?  

• Like 2

So.. two cases in two days.. Frankfurt and Voerde. Both by a person of "Eritrean" descent. 

Well, we shall see. I think there is a word from the reports that is missing. 

That word begins with "M", and the motivation begins with "J". 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Agreed, but it is not just politics.  School shooters and crowd shootings are not political, they are very personal acts of rage and revenge by angry distorted people.  Revenge on innocent strangers?  I suspect so in some peoples minds the whole world is their enemy.

Suicide and mass shootings often happen when someone with NPD breaks.

48 minutes ago, odas said:

It's the way of life. Stress. Mental Illness is very low in countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, France, Scandinavian countries...comparing to US or Germany.

It is the family first attitude that keeps mental illness on lower levels.

That kind of hits on the head.