Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Brain-eating' amoeba is an elusive killer

UM-Bot

You're not supposed to 'wash out' your sinuses. They do that 100% on their own. It's called being stuffy and blowing your nose a few times and/or taking some decongestants.

Happens in FL often as well. Pools, Ocean, lakes. So many ways but they are rare, I believe most people get them through their nose. There also rare to recover from. I believe 90%+ die from it. Usually kills people within 48 hours I believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So is this brain eating amoeba going to be introduced as part of North Carolina's education policy?  Or was that done a few years ago? 

Seems that this one is terminal.

"What's concerning people," said microbiologist Charles Gerba, "is that with global warming, the water is warming up, and people are expecting to see more cases."

:lol:

It's all along the New Jersey coast too. Beaches have been closing all summer because of bacteria. A lot of it due to human waste but the flesh eating variety is widespread. Lakes have been closed too.

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 1