Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mega disaster rocking end July or on August

TheAngelofLightness

On 7/30/2019 at 3:18 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I think Seattle had an 8.7 or over 8 earthquake in 2001.  I was in Newport, OR and we felt the after shocks at about 3.6.  It was devastating so I will be watching to see if your prediction happens.  It could, but then it could happen any  time.  I am not so sure of your predictions and your obsession with earthquakes and volcanic activity. 

Over 8???!!

7 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Over 8???!!

Yes, it was pretty bad.

• Confused 1

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

I found this about the 2001 quake and it states it was 6.8 on the revised scale. I don't know what it may have been unrevised. It sounds bad, though https://www.historylink.org/File/3039

What is the revised scale?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

What is the revised scale?

Honestly do not know. I was wondering if it was higher and that brings it down or what.. or up...or....?

• Like 1

I am not seeking to question you, at all, was just interested in the earthquake you mentioned. Most of these revisions seem to lower the category or add new ones it seems to me as the ranges learned get higher, like in Hurricanes.

Your credibility is solid with me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Honestly do not know. I was wondering if it was higher and that brings it down or what.. or up...or....?

I didn't find anything on a revised scale.  The rictor scale is the only thing I know and it is similar to the link I posted.

• Like 1

https://www.livescience.com/31464-earthquake-magnitude-explained.html

Essentially, each successive magnitude is 33 times larger than the last. That means a magnitude-8.0 earthquake is 33 times stronger than a 7.0, and a magnitude-9.0 earthquake is 1,089 (33 x 33) times more powerful than a 7.0 — the energy ramps up fast.

Magnitude measures

Although figuring out an earthquake's power requires lots of complicated math and lots of data, magnitude boils down to three basic factors: area, distance and friction.

• Like 2

It wasn't even close to an 8.0..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I am not seeking to question you, at all, was just interested in the earthquake you mentioned. Most of these revisions seem to lower the category or add new ones it seems to me as the ranges learned get higher, like in Hurricanes.

Maybe. But the rictor scale is based on measurements taken by USGS equipment and calculated based on area etc.  It was developed in New Mexico where we have a lot of tiny tectonic activity.

The actual machine was developed and then  tested in New Mexico.

Edited by Desertrat56
For clarity.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

It wasn't even close to an 8.0..

Were you there?  That is what was in the news at the time.  I remember it because I felt the aftershocks and was surprised very few people in the office did.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

According to this I would have called it an 8.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/mercalli.php

There have been 3 earthquakes above 6 in the Seattle area since 1900. They were in 1949, 1965, and 2001. There were 6.8, 6.7, and 6.8 earthquakes. There were no 7s or 8s.

You can check here: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/search/

The closest to an 8 in the coterminus US since 1900 was the 1906 San Francisco quake at 7.9 and another California quake in 1952 in Grapevine.

No records of magnitude 8 in the coterminus US since 1900.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There have been 3 earthquakes above 6 in the Seattle area since 1900. They were in 1949, 1965, and 2001. There were 6.8, 6.7, and 6.8 earthquakes. There were no 7s or 8s.

You can check here: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/search/

The closest to an 8 in the coterminus US since 1900 was the 1906 San Francisco quake at 7.9 and another California quake in 1952 in Grapevine.

No records of magnitude 8 in the coterminus US since 1900.

Well, I must have tansposed the numbers, but I thought the news said it was 8.6.

19 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

According to this I would have called it an 8.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/mercalli.php

Sorry you are way over judging the quake since it was only a 6.8. An 8 would have knocked down a good many buildings in Seattle. 

From your link:

Damage slight in specially designed structures; considerable damage in ordinary substantial buildings with partial collapse. Damage great in poorly built structures. Fall of chimneys, factory stacks, columns, monuments, walls. Heavy furniture overturned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Nisqually_earthquake

The 2001 Nisqually earthquake occurred at 10:54:32 local time on February 28, 2001. The intraslab earthquake had a moment magnitude of 6.8 MW and a maximum Mercalli intensity of VIII (Severe).

You are mixing the energy of the quake with conditions at ground level.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2019 at 6:10 PM, TheAngelofLightness said:

I am strongly feeling the imminence of a very destructive seismic and or volcanic event to occur in the following period of 2 weeks at most, it could be even sooner than that, somewhere in the north hemisphere of the planet. 

Well, it is 2 weeks to the day, since you posted your dire warnings.....

Survey says..... 

NOPE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I predict...there will be more doomsday style predictions as we get closer to 2020. People who predict things love even numbers like this....remember Y2K..??? 

• Haha 3

On 8/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

How it feels on the surface depends on how deep it is.  You could have a very slight earthquake on the surface and feel it but a much bigger one far underground and never know it happened.

• Like 1

I am strongly feeling the imminence of a very destructive seismic and or volcanic event to occur in the following period of 2 weeks at most, it could be even sooner than that, somewhere in the north hemisphere of the planet. 

+3 days from "doomsday", still nothing.

Does @TheAngelofLightness wish to amend his prediction?

Just for the record, I'm gonna bump this thread every few days or so, until the OP recants, or their predictions come true.

I prophesize an extremely low probability of either occurring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The event did happen but not here.

It was in an alternate phased dimension contacted through the intuitive harmonic light workers transcending the eternal quantum watchfulness of the enlightened GMO free pineal gland.

Just saying

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

It was in an alternate phased dimension contacted through the intuitive harmonic light workers transcending the eternal quantum watchfulness of the enlightened GMO free pineal gland.

Impossible! Dr. Banzai's Overthruster was not operating at the time, due to an imbalance in the matter-anti-matter containment field, which caused a cascade effect resulting in the premature shutdown of the flux capacitor, causing the Time And Relative Dimensions In Space device to overload and go into a fatal error blue screen of death mode. 

Not to mention the basic error that the Light Workers made, which was not dancing widdershins around the Maypole, while rubbing their lucky Yeti foot while chanting "bloody Mary" backwards 3 times!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Impossible! Dr. Banzai's Overthruster was not operating at the time, due to an imbalance in the matter-anti-matter containment field, which caused a cascade effect resulting in the premature shutdown of the flux capacitor, causing the Time And Relative Dimensions In Space device to overload and go into a fatal error blue screen of death mode. 

Not to mention the basic error that the Light Workers made, which was not dancing widdershins around the Maypole, while rubbing their lucky Yeti foot while chanting "bloody Mary" backwards 3 times!

How foolish of me not to remember that talking sdrawkcab is the critical step. Reminder much detaicerppa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 days since this dire announcement, 23 days since the last post by the OP, 10 days since the "at most" deadline.  

Can we label this a failure yet?

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2